Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Perfect Scenario In Our Defensive Backfield « previous next »
Page: 1 2

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: July 06, 2011, 11:41:53 AM

lets just say we dont make a move for ASO and we stay put at DBs...i think wit TJAX coming back throw him at SS...work A.BLACK at FS along with GRIMM...TALIB..BARBER..and BIGGERS at CB also working GAITOR and LEWIS into the mixwho can easily convert into safety with that big frame of his...
: July 06, 2011, 02:47:28 PM PRPatrol

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 06, 2011, 11:46:17 AM

Tanard Jackson is a cover guy. He was a college corner. Since he's been in the NFL he typically is among the leaders in missed tackles. I don't see him as a SS.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 06, 2011, 11:48:24 AM

scenario

No Larry Asante in the mix?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#3 : July 06, 2011, 11:55:46 AM

Oh.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 06, 2011, 01:37:06 PM

Caps lock in the thread title is usually reserved for PR articles as well.

this deserved its own thread?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 06, 2011, 02:12:58 PM

scenario.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 06, 2011, 04:13:08 PM

IMO the perfect scenario would involve us replacing Talib and T-Jax with viable long-term dependable players

BucFanOcala1

Second String

#7 : July 06, 2011, 04:25:34 PM

I'm sorry Mr. Spell check *explicit* you...did I spell that correct

Definatlly the highlite of my day right here lol.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#8 : July 06, 2011, 04:46:39 PM

I'm a die hard BUCS fan..but I can't deal with some of these morons

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 06, 2011, 06:07:01 PM

lol, people are just trying to help you from "rookie" posting mistakes.

things like all caps, misspelling in the title(most overlook them in posts as many just type and dont spell check, but dont make it too bad), or starting threads that leave little for discussion. Throw in calling people morons right off the bat, you batting average is pretty low right now. lol.

Barber, Talib, Biggers and Lewis should be fine for this year, most just want to add one of the best CBs in the NFL to that mix as this is likely Barbers last year and it doesnt look like there will beanyone of Asos quality in the next couple years at best.

T-Jax is a FS. Hes a cover FS/ballhawk type. He can lay the wood, but hes not always a consistent tackler. Grimm, Jones, and even Assante are ideal to play SS, but all can play either spot. Black is tough to guage due to his size and speed. If he continues to outplay his frame like he did in college, he could play either spot as well.

my suggestion to you would be....if you cant take critisism of your ideas, prolly not best to post them. Everybody here has differing opinions and have ideals theyd like to see from each and every position. When you talk about playing guys out of position(Jackson at SS) you better have some good sound reasoning or people will eat it up and spit it out. Name calling for providing you some foundation for posting here isnt needed or warranted. It happens every now and then in the heat of an argument and if its contained in solid discussion, its usually overlooked. When you go after people outside of that, the board as a whole dont take it to well.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 06, 2011, 06:22:27 PM

TJax, Black, Lynch = FS
Jones, Grimm, Asante = SS

...but they are really suppose to be interchangeable now, so who knows.

Since this topic already has 163 other threads, I'll add a question in an attempt to make it more interesting. Do we stick with what we have at safety since we already have 6 guys, or do we bring Duenta Williams to see what he has to offer?
: July 06, 2011, 06:24:42 PM JDouble

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 06, 2011, 07:25:00 PM

tatman...our safties ...are interchangeable .......have been for years.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 06, 2011, 07:28:55 PM

tatman...our safeties ...are interchangeable .......have been for years.
That's what they say but at pretty much all times the Bucs have had one safety who weighs around 200 lbs and can cover and one who weighs around 220 lbs and can make plays at the line of scrimmage.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 06, 2011, 08:52:58 PM

That's what they say but at pretty much all times the Bucs have had one safety who weighs around 200 lbs and can cover and one who weighs around 220 lbs and can make plays at the line of scrimmage.

I think Jones and Grimm were about as interchangeable as you can get last year. Grimm was listed as the Free Safety and is around 200lbs, and Jones was the Strong Safety listed at 220lbs, but at least 50% of the time if not more, it was Cody who was playing in the box like a LB while Jones was in center field.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 06, 2011, 10:02:32 PM

I think Jones and Grimm were about as interchangeable as you can get last year. Grimm was listed as the Free Safety and is around 200lbs, and Jones was the Strong Safety listed at 220lbs, but at least 50% of the time if not more, it was Cody who was playing in the box like a LB while Jones was in center field.
All the halfway decent SS's can make plays in coverage and the FS's can make plays in the box. That's just called being talented and athletic. But at the end of the day, despite assurances to the contrary, the Bucs have just about always started safeties who come really close to fitting the prototype SS and FS roles.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Perfect Scenario In Our Defensive Backfield « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools