Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Asomugha price tag + bucs linked « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

HitTheBlount

Second String

: July 07, 2011, 02:14:22 PM

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/779/nnamdi-asomugha.   Looks as though he will be the highest paid player in NFL history - are we sure that's the way to go? We would get a lot of media love for it though. A lot of people will give us massive credit for getting him and having him on the roster would take away the underdog role permanatly because possibly changing peoples idea of how good this team is.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 07, 2011, 02:18:38 PM

sign him up!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 07, 2011, 02:28:56 PM

It's hard to argue against it. We have the money and have to spend it. He would make this a better team. The only argument isthat the money can be spent more efficiently elsewhere, but I think there is enough money to go around.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 07, 2011, 02:31:26 PM

The only argument is that the money can be spent more efficiently elsewhere......

Where?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 07, 2011, 02:37:29 PM

The only argument is that the money can be spent more efficiently elsewhere......

Where?

O-line.

I think theyll have enough to spend on both if they choose though.....thats my hopes anyways.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 07, 2011, 02:39:44 PM

Where?

I'll be your huckleberry(lol). OL and LB...half joking

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 07, 2011, 02:42:17 PM

LOL..... the best part is one move doesn't eliminate the other.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 07, 2011, 02:55:23 PM

LOL..... the best part is one move doesn't eliminate the other.

You are right! I just know how you,Chaz and 4buc feel about ASO!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 07, 2011, 02:57:39 PM

How could Aso change our defence. Especially if we get to play Talib. If Talib does get to play will Talib punch Aso for the rights to mark the other teams best receiver. Also where will Rhonde play ? Safety? Line Backer? However if we do gat Aso how much fun will it be to play the Saints.

Heck if we get Aso we might be able to let our 4th string long snapper ( malcom Glazer)  get a sack.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 07, 2011, 03:01:04 PM

I think i could rush the passer with a Nnamdi, Talib, Ronde, T-jack secondary. Dammit man!!!!

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 07, 2011, 03:08:46 PM

OL and LB would be the arguments against spending the money on Aso. Like I said, I think theres plenty of money to go around. I'm all for signing him.
Bring in Aso and Mankins/Nicks/Dahl and we'll be cookin'.
Also, if McKenzie/Foster look like the real deal LB might not even be a huge need.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 07, 2011, 03:12:04 PM

How could Aso change our defence. Especially if we get to play Talib. If Talib does get to play will Talib punch Aso for the rights to mark the other teams best receiver. Also where will Rhonde play ? Safety? Line Backer? However if we do gat Aso how much fun will it be to play the Saints.

Heck if we get Aso we might be able to let our 4th string long snapper ( malcom Glazer)  get a sack.

Aso would likely be RCB taking the teams #2 WR most of the time. This is what hes done in Oakland for the most part(occasionally he shadowed a WR...i.e.Fitzgerald). Talib would still be LCB and take on teams #1 for the most part. Barber would be the Nickel and maybe play as a starter depending on the Talib situation. Dont forget most teams run nickel 50% of the time so its not like Barber would be taking a huge cut in snaps and may allow him to play a little longer even if Talib isnt suspended.

T-jax I would expect to see much until week 6 or 7. He wont be able to practice or anything until week 2 and will likely need a little bit of time to get back into things. Being able to shut down teams passing game would hopefully lead to a decent chunk of coverage sacks as well.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 07, 2011, 03:13:04 PM

The D is in nickel quite often so Ronde (without the H) would still be able to play where he plays best. Biggers/Lewis in 4/5 CB and Gaitor on PS.
How does having 2 shutdown corners change a defense? It makes it really really really really hard for the other team to pass the ball.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 07, 2011, 03:22:24 PM

We are NOT signing Aso for almost $20 milion a year. Not going to happen, period. I can't understand why people continue to ignore what this regime has been saying since they took over. We will not overpay for any position because we can find young cheaper talent elsewhere.  It's about VALUE and it will ALWAYS be about VALUE.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 07, 2011, 03:30:00 PM

Value might not be as bigot a factor this year. We're way below the cap and only have a handful of our own FA's to sign, most likely going to have a rookie pay scale. While I agree $20 mil per year is bonkers, I honestly think we cam afford it.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Asomugha price tag + bucs linked « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools