Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Asomugha price tag + bucs linked « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 07, 2011, 05:55:21 PM

Personally I wouldn't go any higher then 12 million to bring Aso in which he is probably going to get offered somewhere around 16 to 18 million. To start off with some of that cap space we should use it to resign some players and offer some contract extensions/raises to some key players on our team. Secondly well I personally don't know because I actually really like the way our team looks right now depending on the Talib situation. If Goodell comes out and says he is going to be suspended no matter how his trial goes I would probably take a look at some CBs like Cromartie, Joseph, Grimes, Carlos Rogers, Eric Wright, Richard Marshall, and then try to bring in the top OL of free agency. I honestly like the position our team is in and I think we could add another LB but I like the depth at that position in next years draft so I really don't want to waste a roster spot by bringing in one.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 07, 2011, 06:17:33 PM

taking a teams best wr out of a game tilts most games in your favor....this would be money well spent.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 07, 2011, 06:53:06 PM

taking a teams best wr out of a game tilts most games in your favor....this would be money well spent.

One word. Megatron.

...Then I can also site two others. White & Jones.

Oh, and Reggie Wayne is no slouch either.

And I suppose Andre Johnson will take it easy on any newbie CB he's up against?

And just for giggles we'll throw in Dez Bryant and Harvin.

I mean, good god guys. You're seriously going to let Biggers or mack "handle" these elite WR's if Talib is out.....?? That's just asking for trouble is what that is.  ::)

We know Talib is gone sooner or later, why not bring in a guy to not only cover TB's butts in a time of crisis, but to have a replacement ready before AT ever gets kicked? Not too many teams can say they could replace a troublesome "elite" player with an upstanding individual that arguably plays the position even better than the previous "troubled" player did.

If the Glazers and Dom aren't willing to spring for Aso, a nice consolation prize would be Grimes. Someone has to be back there worth a damn. The newer CB's just aren't ready to take on the elites of the game just yet, if they ever will be.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 07, 2011, 07:13:32 PM

is there a maximum number we should pay asomugha, or should we just keep upping the ante and outbid everyone else?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

buccanoles

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 07, 2011, 08:01:15 PM

I say pay the man, remember it ain't your money!!!!

Wait....... I just want to learn how to Dougie!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 07, 2011, 10:28:50 PM

I will say this...

If the BUcs sign Scrabble, they will be the best team in the NFC south.  No doubt about it.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 07, 2011, 10:32:10 PM

I will say this...

If the BUcs sign Scrabble, they will be the best team in the NFC south.  No doubt about it.

I couldn't agree more!

.....just my opinion

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 08, 2011, 07:07:18 AM

i think it would still be a 3 team race.  while having asomugha no doubt makes us a better team, freeman pulled off a TON of houdini last year. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 08, 2011, 07:22:32 AM

Id do it. It wouldnt kill us either for the future. We would still be able to resign our current FA and our own FA in the future.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 08, 2011, 07:42:28 AM

For less than the Price Tag of signing Aso we could sign Brent Grimes, Reggie Bush, and trade for and sign Logan Mankins. I'd prefer option B.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 08, 2011, 08:09:36 AM

For less than the Price Tag of signing Aso we could sign Brent Grimes, Reggie Bush, and trade for and sign Logan Mankins. I'd prefer option B.

That could very well be what we do. I dont know what option b would consist of but it would consist of players to upgrade our current roster.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 08, 2011, 08:23:55 AM

Lets see...We're the farthest under the cap of any team by far. We HAVE to spend a lot to reach the cap floor. We have a former db coach as a head coach that players love playing for. We're in florida with no state income tax and great weather. We're a young talented team that is gonna be a superbowl contender for years to come.

It's a no brainer for both him and us. If we don't get him it'll be a colossol failure

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 08, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

If we don't get him it'll be a colossol failure

We MUST win the dan snyder offseason trophy!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 08, 2011, 08:43:32 AM

If we don't get him it'll be a colossol failure

We MUST win the dan snyder offseason trophy!!!

Right, because whoever wins the snyder offseason trophy always is at the super bowl.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 08, 2011, 09:19:55 AM

There's a difference between a team with aging vets and no cap space signing mediocre free agents to overpriced contracts year after year...and a team with the most cap space in the league, a young up and coming team, spending the money on one of the best cb's of all time who's worth every penny, just once, after not spending money at all any previous years.

The fact that you'd try and compare the two makes you a complete idiot
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Asomugha price tag + bucs linked « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools