Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zach Miller « previous next »
Page: 1

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: July 08, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

I know OL and CB are the major concerns and talking points this offseason, and TE doesn't seem to be a need with Winslow on the roster, and then drafting two TEs in the draft....but Zach Miller is going to be an UFA and I think he'd be a good addition. He is only 25 years old, he is a great pass catcher and an outstanding run blocker. With Winslow, Miller, and Stocker....we'd have the TEs to do anything we wanted.

Purvis, Overbay, and that nub we drafted in the 7th round will likely be competing for the 3rd and final TE spot, and that is fine, but none of them seem very impressive. Stocker isn't even a sure thing, especially being a rookie with limited off season. Having Zach Miller one day one would be awesome. Stocker would get worked in slowly.

Winslow is awesome and I hope he is around for a long time, but the knees are a concern. Signing Miller would give us two other solid TEs in case anything happens. Miller is 25 and Stocker is 23, so we could have the two of them locking down the TE spot for a long time. I'm not sure what will happen with our O-line when FA starts, but I know that have two TEs that can block well would make a huge difference in our run game.

He'd probably cost us around $5M a year, but I think he is the most underrated TE in the league and well worth the money. Only question is if he'd come here with Winslow already being here.

Thoughts?

(Highlights start at :50 second mark)

: July 08, 2011, 09:46:56 PM JDouble

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 08, 2011, 10:02:21 PM

Will he want to sign with a team that already has a #1 TE?

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

#2 : July 08, 2011, 10:40:43 PM

Had him on my fantasy team last year:D never heard of him but i drafted him anyway. Soooo worth it.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 08, 2011, 11:05:20 PM

I didn't realize Miller was an outstanding blocker. Hasn't he expressed an interest in remaining with the Raiders? I'm sure he can be had for the right price, but as you pointed out, the Bucs have a few TEs and might not look to upgrade the position for as much money as it would cost. But, yes, I'll take him.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 08, 2011, 11:56:42 PM

Yes....but why would he sign with a team that already has a bonafide #1?

Zach is good enough to go elsewhere and be a go-to guy....will he want to be second fiddle in Tampa? Keep in mind that he will attract attention with other clubs so he will get a decent raise regardless...(Zach is in the driver's seat)

And furthermore...the Bucs scouting unit did their due diligence this off-season picking up guys they felt would grow into being good options AFTER K2...do you really believe that they want to throw money at a FA that would effectively erase those youngsters from having a chance of making the squad? (wasted picks)

How much of that extra dough do you think the Bucs want to tie up in TE's? (Other areas that impact the success of the team are more pressing)

Sometimes "wants" aren't necessarily "needs"...use that dough on the OL and maybe a corner in the mold of Aso/J.Joseph.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 09, 2011, 12:18:48 AM

TE is not a position which you should ever dump that much money into.

Just my thoughts though. While he would be a decent addition, I would rather focus on other areas. Not too mention with the additions through the draft I believe we are fully stocked.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 09, 2011, 01:49:29 AM

We got Stocker.  We have K2.  Miller is worth the money...not a bad idea.  But the BUcs need to lock down Scrabble first.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 09, 2011, 09:11:26 AM

Everything I have read about the Raiders says he is the #1 priority to re-sign. Even over Aso.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 09, 2011, 09:55:06 AM

Will he want to sign with a team that already has a #1 TE?
Agreed. Good player but not a good fit.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zach Miller « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools