Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patti LaBelle is a super Bee-otch!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

: July 09, 2011, 11:19:49 AM

Patti LaBelle and West Point codet incident http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8239612

Remember a couple of months ago when Patti LaBelle's car pulled up to a Texas airport and the bodyguards jumped out to clear the area around the car for her luggage? There was a West Point senior cadet standing there talking on the phone. He was comming home on leave and waiting for his folks to pick him up. LaBelles bodyguards came over and proceeded to shove him out of the way. He resisted but did not strike anyone. They punched him and kicked him to the ground. LaBelles people were the first to call the police and the police came and arrested the cadet and later posed for pictures with LaBelle. The cadet was suspended from West Point.

Well... it seems they finally looked at the airport security cams and discovered that the cadet was doing absolutely nothing wrong when he was attacked. Also several more eye witnesses have come forward. There are now arrest warrants out for LaBelles bodyguards and hairdresser. The cadet is also suing her. West Point has not said whether it will reinstate the cadet. Even if they do, he will have to pick up the next class and probably affect his future career in the Army.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 09, 2011, 12:48:46 PM

Did Patti LeBelle see exactly what happened? If not, then this might not say much about her.

But it DOES say something about the people who assaulted the cadet. Hope they spend a little time in jail and the cadet gets paid off and is reinstated.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 09, 2011, 02:37:17 PM

I agree with Joe on this one, but either way, you can afford to be a bee-otch when you can even make the freaking alphabet sound funky...

Sing it, Patti!

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : July 09, 2011, 08:01:48 PM

Did Patti LeBelle see exactly what happened? If not, then this might not say much about her.

But it DOES say something about the people who assaulted the cadet. Hope they spend a little time in jail and the cadet gets paid off and is reinstated.

You don't think employers should be held responsible for what their employees do in their name?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 09, 2011, 09:04:46 PM

You don't think employers should be held responsible for what their employees do in their name?

If you hired a gardener and he cut down your neighbors rose bush, should you have to pay to replace it, or should the company that the gardener works for have to pay to replace it?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 09, 2011, 09:08:14 PM

I'm pretty sure Patti's bodyguard and hairdresser work for her. She was probably a big factor in sending them after King.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 09, 2011, 09:17:34 PM

I'm pretty sure Patti's bodyguard and hairdresser work for her. She was probably a big factor in sending them after King.

So two things here. 1. What does Patti LaBelle know about personal security? What does any celebrity, aside from maybe Steven Segal, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, or Jean Claude van Damme know about personal security? Pretty sure these celebs outsource their security to companies that specialize in that sort of thing. 2. Patti LaBelle has been in the music business since the early 1970's. How many times has she been in the news for causing a ruckus in public? It's not like she has the reputation for this sort of thing. She's a 67 year old R&B singer, not a gangster rapper.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 09, 2011, 09:37:03 PM

She hired the security - either as individuals or from a company.  She will be held partially responsible for the actions of the company/people she employed who were in the course and/or scope of their employment to her. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 09, 2011, 10:40:49 PM

Show me where I said that.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 09, 2011, 10:46:27 PM

If she gave the word to go after the guy then she should be held partially responsible along with the thugs. But we don't know that. What are you basing "probably a factor in sending them after King" on? There's a chance she was oblivious to everything that happened and only recently (after seeing the video) realized that her thugs were out of control. She'll probably say something eventually.

I doubt she'll be held responsible at all because I doubt she even knew what was going on. But that's based on no facts or evidence. Just a hunch.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 09, 2011, 10:55:23 PM

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/patti-labelle-countersues-airport-attack-accuser-20110629

"The soul singer's lawsuit accuses Richard King of drunkenly instigating the attack by swearing at her, using racially and sexually insensitive language and attempting to force his way into her car. This legal petition is LaBelle's first official response to King's lawsuit, which was filed earlier this month. The singer is seeking actual damages and litigation costs."

The video, though he is unseen in some of it, doesn't show him attempting to get in any vehicle. Also witnesses backed up his story and not hers. So she obviously knew what happened and tried covering it up.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 09, 2011, 10:58:41 PM

love her!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 10, 2011, 02:56:15 AM

she obviously knew what happened and tried covering it up.

Can you give us specific examples of how she tried to cover it up? Did she lie under oath? Did she lie to police? Did she try to hide or destroy evidence?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : July 10, 2011, 08:08:21 AM

You're not aware of what a question mark signifies?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 10, 2011, 12:25:08 PM

You're not aware of what a question mark signifies?

Like I said, show me where I said that. Way too soon to say what PL knew and didn't know at the time of the incident. And if she didn't didn't tell them to go after the guy, then no,  I don't she should/will be held criminally responsible for what her thugs did. And seeing who has ben charged to far, I'm right.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Patti LaBelle is a super Bee-otch!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools