Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Teams hoping Tebow and Ponder pan out like Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 09, 2011, 11:57:16 PM

Funny how Gruden won a superbowl his first year with the Bucs.   Didn't take him much time, did it?

Gruden didn't win a SB. The team won it. An if I were to "blame" any one person for that SB win, it's Monty.

But back to topic "Javaray."  ::)

I think Tebow will do well if he doesn't become too reliable on his run game and they get him more support. Sooner or later, he's going to get blindsided by a LB (they do take a QB running on them personally). I'm not one of those "but his arm-motion.. guys", worse problems have befallen other QB's. My first problem with him is his bible-thumping ways and how the team might take to it if it's just too overwhelming. I have a hard time hanging out with overly christian people, and I'm a Christian. It does get a bit annoying at times. It could easily blow up, or have a following, so 50-50 chance?

The other problem with him is obviously the running. Yeah, it's definitely a crappy problem for a defense, but it also exposes the QB's to more hard tackles. With that, the percentages of him being hurt go up greatly (I don't care who he is). In college the LB's and DL's aren't nearly as jacked up or getting PAID for laying Qb's out for that matter.

Ponder is ok. I haven't really watched a whole lot of tape on him to say otherwise.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : July 10, 2011, 12:13:17 AM

How many superbowls did Monte win without Gruden?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 10, 2011, 12:17:11 AM

How many Super Bowls did Gruden win without Monte?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 10, 2011, 12:37:23 AM

The premise was that Monte won that superbowl.   Obviously that's not the case since Monte didn't win a damn thing without Gruden.   I never said Monte wasn't part of it, but Monte-Dungy was a loser combination.   Monte-Gruden was a winner.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 10, 2011, 12:48:47 AM

Gruden is the equivalent of a closer in baseball.

malemedic07

Rookie

#35 : July 10, 2011, 01:05:53 AM

I just hope Stafford turns out as good, hopefully by just staying healthy

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Are you sure a Lion did this? Lions don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t eat this way\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

bashear

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 10, 2011, 01:20:42 AM

I hope Stafford stays healthy, but causes his team to lose against the Bucs. After that, he can progress as he pleases.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 10, 2011, 01:26:41 AM

I hope Stafford stays healthy, but causes his team to lose against the Bucs. After that, he can progress as he pleases.

Game 1........Going to be huge.  I am hoping for a good thumping on the Lions.  Just to set the tone for the year.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 10, 2011, 03:12:00 AM

come the ...... on! how can this guy be allowed to continually troll like this? Dude was booted/suspended, then comes back as soon as its over on an old account to troll harder than ever.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 10, 2011, 05:52:48 AM

come the ...... on! how can this guy be allowed to continually troll like this? Dude was booted/suspended, then comes back as soon as its over on an old account to troll harder than ever.

If you consider saying Gruden was a key factor in the Bucs winning that superbowl to be trolling, you are clueless.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 10, 2011, 09:03:56 AM

If you consider saying Gruden was a key factor in the Bucs winning that superbowl to be trolling, you are clueless.

its the same tired old speiel and if you think no one notices, youre clueless as well. Cut the crap and contribute something already instead of the same tired crap that got you suspended.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 10, 2011, 11:48:52 AM

its the same tired old speiel and if you think no one notices, youre clueless as well. Cut the crap and contribute something already instead of the same tired crap that got you suspended.
Agreed.

This is what Java repeatedly posts, like some maniacal braying of a half dead sheep:

Gruden is the greatest coach.  Tebow is the man!  Better than Freeman even.  Raheem sucks.  Bucs got lucky last year.  Tebow sells tickets. Blount is a thug.  Ruud is the best defender the BUcs have.

That about sums it up.  This is all he posts.  Over and over and over and over.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#42 : July 10, 2011, 11:53:33 AM

LOL at Tebow. He won't even be starting for the Broncos.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 10, 2011, 11:58:14 AM

LOL at Tebow. He won't even be starting for the Broncos.

He may be starting, but if he does, its going to be run run run.   Fox likes to pound it anyway, so that might work.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 10, 2011, 12:01:19 PM

I'll call for the Broncos head coach to be fired.

who ya gonna call?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Teams hoping Tebow and Ponder pan out like Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools