Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: U.S. Women's Soccer Team « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: July 10, 2011, 02:18:38 PM

Holy crap! What an amazing, dramatic win. One of the better soccer games I have watched.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 10, 2011, 07:00:45 PM

Nobody saw it? It was the latest goal ever in a world cup game. Surprised nobody else was excited about it.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : July 10, 2011, 07:04:34 PM

I don't watch soccer, much less womens soccer.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 10, 2011, 07:48:13 PM

That was insane.  That might be the best match I've ever seen.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 10, 2011, 08:02:38 PM

That was insane.  That might be the best match I've ever seen.

The men's match vs. Algeria last year, where Donovan scored a late goal, was similar.

As far women's soccer being less exciting or less fun to watch than men's soccer? Not the case. This is not the WNBA.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 10, 2011, 08:30:15 PM

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 10, 2011, 08:31:38 PM

A wonderful game - with a ton of controversial decisions by the referees - playing down for almost an hour, a last second goal by the leader who likely is playing in her last World Cup - and a wonderful goalie - who happens to be beautiful.  Winning in PKs on the anniversary of the PK victory for the World Cup against China - yea - the game was stunning.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 10, 2011, 09:05:07 PM

a wonderful goalie - who happens to be beautiful.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 10, 2011, 09:45:09 PM

Ms. Hope Solo - one of, if not the best female goalie in the world today.  And she is a beautiful young woman.  And today helped put an unfortunate early career error firmly in her past. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 10, 2011, 10:03:21 PM

I don't watch soccer, much less womens soccer.

Your loss. You missed one of the most exciting wins in US sports history. Any fan of sports (and even non fans) who watched that game will remember it forever. Too bad you missed it.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 10, 2011, 10:14:06 PM

Most exciting kickball match ever? Wow, that does sound exciting now.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 10, 2011, 10:26:10 PM

Most exciting kickball match ever? Wow, that does sound exciting now.

One of the most exciting U.S. sporting events in our history. Doesn't matter if it was soccer, hockey or whatever. People who actually watched the game know what I'm talking about. People
who didn't will try to demean it any way they can. And fail. Keep trying.

Nice summary on this game here...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2011-07-10-3545735373_x.htm

If only this once, even the haters back in the States should be able to appreciate why the rest of the world believes there's no greater drama in sports than watching a team trying to validate its national character in a World Cup. And for a nation wearied by a fluttering economy and political paralysis, it could hardly come at a better time.

Highlights of the game were shown between innings on the large video board in Yankee Stadium, and a crowd half a world away from Dresden, Germany, erupted as if it was there. A stream of luminaries as diverse as LeBron James and GOP presidential hopeful Jon Huntsman rushed to Twitter to pass along congratulations humbled, one hopes, by a display of grit and teamwork that has become increasingly rare back home.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 10, 2011, 10:28:54 PM

MOST EXCITING EVENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 10, 2011, 10:48:14 PM

LOL. What a tool. Gotta love it.

BucNative

Starter

#14 : July 10, 2011, 10:51:08 PM

Saw it while I was at the gym today.  It really was one of the best matches I've ever seen.  An incredible finish.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: U.S. Women's Soccer Team « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools