Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: U.S. Women's Soccer Team « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : July 10, 2011, 11:16:01 PM

LOL. What a tool. Gotta love it.

Just having a little laugh at your massive over-sell. Relax, you'll live.

one of the most exciting wins in US sports history.
The men's match vs. Algeria last year, where Donovan scored a late goal, was similar.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#16 : July 10, 2011, 11:35:21 PM

I never thought i would get so fired up over Women's soccer, but if you did watch the game, you know what I mean.  I can't remember anything in a sport that would rival that drama.

It was like the equivalent of a Hail Mary to win a playoff game.  Great sporting right there

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 11, 2011, 12:05:41 AM

LOL. What a tool. Gotta love it.

Just having a little laugh at your massive over-sell. Relax, you'll live.

one of the most exciting wins in US sports history.
The men's match vs. Algeria last year, where Donovan scored a late goal, was similar.

It was ONE of the most exciting wins in US team sports history. That's what I meant. I'm talking about world cups and olympic type stuff. It has to be top ten. They were basically dead in the water.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 11, 2011, 12:11:40 AM

I never thought i would get so fired up over Women's soccer, but if you did watch the game, you know what I mean.  I can't remember anything in a sport that would rival that drama.

It was like the equivalent of a Hail Mary to win a playoff game.  Great sporting right there

Hail Mary is a good analogy. As far as rivaling that drama?

Game 6 is just one that comes to mind. And Flutie Flakes. Tons more.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#19 : July 11, 2011, 01:48:46 AM

Holy crap! What an amazing, dramatic win. One of the better soccer games I have watched.

It was a great game Joe. I played college soccer and I can tell you the women play just as hard as the guys. The PK was a horrible call. Marta was behind the defender when she threw her legs at the ball. Then to make matters worse, they get another horrible call on the PK save. The second goal for Brazil was offsides on the pass out on the wing. The biggest part of the game is winning with a player down for 30 min in reg time and all of the OT. I was on my feet most of the OT. Our players never say die. Now it is France on Weds. For those who would like to bash, you might want to have a little pride in your country. I can't wait! GO USA!!!!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 11, 2011, 03:12:59 AM

Holy crap! What an amazing, dramatic win. One of the better soccer games I have watched.

It was a great game Joe. I played college soccer and I can tell you the women play just as hard as the guys. The PK was a horrible call. Marta was behind the defender when she threw her legs at the ball. Then to make matters worse, they get another horrible call on the PK save. The second goal for Brazil was offsides on the pass out on the wing. The biggest part of the game is winning with a player down for 30 min in reg time and all of the OT. I was on my feet most of the OT. Our players never say die. Now it is France on Weds. For those who would like to bash, you might want to have a little pride in your country. I can't wait! GO USA!!!!
Thats just the way Morgan is. Loves to be the negative nancy on this board.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#21 : July 11, 2011, 05:55:27 AM

Speaking of another irrelevant sporting event. Did you see the highlights from great Tour de France - greatest bike race in the history of the world.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 11, 2011, 10:44:50 AM

It was a great game Joe. I played college soccer and I can tell you the women play just as hard as the guys. The PK was a horrible call. Marta was behind the defender when she threw her legs at the ball. Then to make matters worse, they get another horrible call on the PK save. The second goal for Brazil was offsides on the pass out on the wing. The biggest part of the game is winning with a player down for 30 min in reg time and all of the OT. I was on my feet most of the OT. Our players never say die.

Marta dove a little and there was a little holding of her jersey but I thought it should have been a non-call. The PK infraction was pretty bad. Still don't know if they were calling Solo for jumping off the line or the US player for encroachment into the box before the strike. Neither of those are usually called. Ref tried to make up for it by calling the Brazilian goalie for moving off the line too early on the first US PK. But I would rather see both as non-calls. And yes, offsides on that 2nd Brazilian goal. How long before instant replay is added to this sport?

I yelled pretty loud when they tied it up. "**** You, Brazil" may have been said. It was nice having a hated player (Marta) to root against. You don't see that too often in the women's game.

Now it is France on Weds. For those who would like to bash, you might want to have a little pride in your country. I can't wait! GO USA!!!!

Yeah, I'll have to DVR and hope nobody here tells me what happened.

Yeah, it's funny to see the bashing. I think they forget about the pride part and just focus on rejecting anything with women athletes.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 11, 2011, 02:02:15 PM

Great game!

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#24 : July 11, 2011, 03:01:41 PM

Hail Mary is a good analogy. As far as rivaling that drama?

Game 6 is just one that comes to mind. And Flutie Flakes. Tons more.

Yea, I thought about that too.  The thing with this though was all of the build up.  Being down one player, the worst called game in World Cup History potentially, with the entire Pro-German (which is usually anti american) crowd chanting USA by the end because of the outrageous calls, and terrible sports(wo)manship of the Brazilians.  Scoring by header in the 122nd minute (which is extra time of the extra time).  All with a team playing for their country.  I still don't know if anything quite matches the drama of all that....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 11, 2011, 04:58:51 PM

Best cross under pressure I have ever seen.

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#26 : July 11, 2011, 05:43:31 PM

More than agree.  I hope that young lady gets all of the props she deserves as well.  Seen way too many articles with Wambach and Solo as the Headliners, and Rapinoe deserves her name right next to theirs with that perfect cross.  Most men players couldn't have done that with as much pin point accuracy at ANY point in the game, let alone the circumstances she did it in.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 11, 2011, 06:01:47 PM

a wonderful goalie - who happens to be beautiful.

She is a hottie. I wonder how many Star Wars jokes she hears on a daily basis?

BP1

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 12, 2011, 01:51:59 AM

More than agree.  I hope that young lady gets all of the props she deserves as well.  Seen way too many articles with Wambach and Solo as the Headliners, and Rapinoe deserves her name right next to theirs with that perfect cross.  Most men players couldn't have done that with as much pin point accuracy at ANY point in the game, let alone the circumstances she did it in.

The funny thing is she is right footed.  ;D

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 12, 2011, 06:47:40 AM

When she - Rapinoe - describes her cross it is refreshing to her honest candid description - where she state I "took a touch and friggin' smacked it" - and she does prefer her right foot - so the left footed cross was even more remarkable

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: U.S. Women's Soccer Team « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools