Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How much improvement is realistically possible for #5 this year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 12, 2011, 08:52:24 AM

More passing yards
More aggressive down the field throws
More TDs
More INTs

Freeman starts to trust himself more, makes more plays throwing the ball, throws more picks because he's pushing the  ball a bit more.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 12, 2011, 10:18:26 AM

Freeman will for sure run a lot more inside our 20 .....last year we ran zero bootlegs .....that will not happen this year......as good as he can run the option to run will leave recievers wide open in the endzone.

tanardtokerjackson

Second String

#32 : July 12, 2011, 10:42:11 AM

Jdouble - seems like a bit of a stretch for Mike Williams TD numbers to increase from last year?  With Benn and Briscoe emerging his TD numbers will probably drop.  I expect his catches to rise though. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 12, 2011, 10:49:39 AM

Jdouble - seems like a bit of a stretch for Mike Williams TD numbers to increase from last year?  With Benn and Briscoe emerging his TD numbers will probably drop.  I expect his catches to rise though.

Perhaps. If he stays as 25 TDS or less. If he throws 30 TDs though..... :)

tanardtokerjackson

Second String

#34 : July 12, 2011, 11:12:28 AM

I'm not used to this whole offense thing.  Its weird having an offense on the Bucs that you can actually have confidence in. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 12, 2011, 11:16:00 AM

Right?!?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 12, 2011, 11:27:36 AM

#5 - someone said it (CC?)  learn opposing defensive coordinators tendencies.  Everything else comes with snaps.

#27 - Pass protection

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

grotesktruth

Starter

#37 : July 12, 2011, 01:11:28 PM

I'm not used to this whole offense thing.  Its weird having an offense on the Bucs that you can actually have confidence in.

and soon you'll be hearing the (small) crowds at RayJay screaming in concert: OF-FENSE OF-FENSE !!!! (opposed to D-fence lol) not really but... just joking.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 12, 2011, 05:39:09 PM

and soon you'll be hearing the (small) crowds at RayJay screaming in concert: OF-FENSE OF-FENSE !!!! (opposed to D-fence lol) not really but... just joking.

It is screwy, ain't it?  ???

i guess 16 seasons of dominating defense will do that to ya. Personally, I'm a defense type of guy. Give me some good CB's and one great D linesman. I'll go with the "T2" and "fish" for INT's all day. But the game of football has changed, and the rules are swayed for offenses now. Honestly, this change in philosophy could not have come at a better time.

Still, it is awesome watching this new breed of Buc ball. Freeman gives us a chance at any game. That alone is worth it's weight in gold. As a defensive minded guy, I have to say, Freeman is a nightmare for DC's around the league. They can waste a blitz trying to sack or disrupt him, or they can cover the crap out of the receivers and let him just truck their guys at the line. Either way, they have to pick their poison. A QB that has a strong arm, is mentally quick, has mobility, and even has size advantages over your MLBers is a lot to gameplan around.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 12, 2011, 05:43:47 PM

Freeman has no way hit his ceiling. Hes so young and already posting elite stats. Hes on his way to being great.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 12, 2011, 08:47:44 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d820bd3c5/Biggest-storyline-in-NFC-South

beaners

Rookie

#41 : July 12, 2011, 09:12:57 PM

One thing I want to see is a decrease in wasted timeouts from taking too long to get to the line.  I swear it happened once or twice every game.  Its not all Free's fault but its still annoying.
Bingo, we have a winner....... My wife would like that, less yelling at the tv.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 12, 2011, 09:24:08 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d820bd3c5/Biggest-storyline-in-NFC-South
Sapp should have knockeed him out!! 8)

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, #99!!! :D

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 12, 2011, 09:28:46 PM

Sapp should have knockeed him out!! 8)

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, #99!!! :D

yeah it was cool to see Sapp sticking up for Freeman. Jamie Dukes is such a moron. How did he get that job? How does he keep it?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 12, 2011, 09:49:40 PM

Sapp was, is and allways will be a Buccaneer. Same thing with Gruden. He still loves us despite what happen to him. Do you see him praising the Raiders?

I think there's just something about bein' a BUC that sticks with ya! 8)

(Unless you're Doug Williams or Clayton.)

But even Clayton still sees us as family, I hear.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How much improvement is realistically possible for #5 this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools