Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An open letter to our Buccaneers: A message from the fans. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

: July 12, 2011, 04:23:13 PM

To all members of our wonderful Tampa Bay Buccaneers, for the 2011 season and beyond:

We, the ever-faithful fans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, would like to express our most sincerest thanks to all of our team members for the effort and determination these young rookie players have displayed in trying to bring the franchise back to it's former glory. Not since the 2002/2003 season, which saw the culmination of years of struggle and ridicule from other teams and the winning of our very first Super Bowl, Have we felt as excited and PROUD to support this organization. The leadership displayed by Josh Freeman, our wonderful quarterback, as exemplified everything we expect out of a Buccaneer: The pride, the toughness, and integrity displayed by those that came before this current team is something we Tampa fans hold  near and dear to our hearts and we hope you will continue to carry that same tradition in the coming seasons. While we do not expect you to be Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Derrick Brooks or Mike Alstott, We wish to stress that the example they left behind is important to us. We are confident that if you continue to work hard and be your very best every single day, you CAN be a team that will earn that same respect and love from all of us.

We would like to address our 2011 draft picks by saying we are happy to have you be brought into the family. We are very excited about seeing each and every one of you take the field and help us get back to the point we were at long ago. Not so long ago was it at drafts would leave a lot to be desired in the eyes of the fans, but with the addition of Adrian Clayborn, Da'Quan Bowers, Mason Foster, Luke Stocker, Ahmad Black,  Allen Bradford,, Anthony Gaiter and Daniel Hardy, We feel this is the strongest draft class yet from recent years.

One thing we are especially exited about is the prospect of a tougher, meaner, nastier defensive line. As a team that has built it's name from hard-hitting, smash-mouth defense since the early days of our famous "Tampa 2" style of play, We fans are JUBILANT to see the possible return of a Defensive line that has not been seen since the departure of Warren Sapp, who's gritty and no-no nonsense tackling style made Tampa a force to be reckoned with for many years. We have had trouble trying to re-ignite that same spark in recent times, but we feel very strongly that YOU, the buccaneers of the future, each posses a unique motivation that will be able to help you achieve that goal...

Adrian - We all know that people have doubted you for reasons involving your Erb's Palsy, yet as anyone can see, you were a leader in college. You took charge on the defense and made sure people never overlooked you on the field and never shook anyone's hand until after the game. Tampa believes the same about our defensive style - "Bend, but don't break." We never are afraid to get our hands dirty and we need that same meanness that you displayed in collage to translate to our defensive line. We do not worry about you being double-teamed--our coaches will help you learn how to work around that and we know that if you play hard and tough, they won't be able to do so for long. We only wish for you to be yourself - a dominant, powerful leader that is NEVER afraid to tell that fact to the other team's face.

Da'Quan - When we fans were preparing for the draft, no one could foresee us taking both Adrian and you in the first two rounds. Now that you're here, we couldn't be happier. We all are confident that your Knee will be a non-factor and we wholeheartedly realize that you must be absolutely sick of people doubting you. We want you to know that the fans believe in you and support you ten-fold, but remember this: All throughout the draft process, people were asking "What about the knee?" or "Will he have a shortened career?" - but not ONE word was spoken about how anyone would stop you provided you were healthy. No one ever sad they were worried about dealing with you on Sundays--all they could think about was the fact that you fell into the second round and  that you were injured. We invite you now to let out that anger by playing with our team. We are eager to see you take all the rumors and turn it back onto the players of every single NFL team that ever questioned you!  Make them see that we indeed drafted a stud who is destined for great things. You're in Tampa now and we are a team that was told we "Couldn't" for so many years and never listened to a word, and neither should you. Let us be the paintbrush, and the opposing team your canvas. Your destiny is yours to create...and we intend to help you do just that.

Ahmad - Many have critiqued you as being "Too small" to play in the NFL. Time after time you have said on Twiter that this does not phase you and this is exactly what we want to see. What it should do, rather, is light a fire within you. We Buccaneers once went  0 and 16, but not once did it stop us from knowing what we would eventually be. We drafted you for the same reason we drafted the others: To make people pay for doubting you and to play a part in the rebirth of our identity as a team. We are rooting for you to go out there and make people believe in you the same as we do. Your tackling skill and pursuit of the ball provide more than enough reason for other teams to take notice of you. If they doubt you, make them feel the price that comes with that doubt every single game! Sooner or later they will have no choice but to give you--and this team--the respect it deserves.

The rest of you are no different. Each one of you has a gift. It's just a matter of using it. Gentleman, on this team we are brothers. We take pride in helping each other on the field and in this great state of Florida. Whether it's fans holding tailgates banding together in support f the team in any way we can, or players helping out through various charities and events in the community, We are all family here. You all have the chance to be something special - never take it for granted! Make the most of each and every day that you train and live. Grow CLOSE to your team mates on and off the field and always keep your eye on greatness. Keep chasing it and we promise you, Soon you WILL be champions in the NFL. All you have to do is want it. Some times it is not just about how hard you work when you are told, but how DETERMINED you are to work when you don't have to. The road is not always an easy one, but it is the most rewarding. Stay true to this and trust in your team, and greatness will follow.

We are so thankful for each and every one of you who read this letter. Even when sometimes fans have not been able to appear at games, we have always been with you in spirit. We are confident that through people like you being role models for the community and setting an example of our beloved team, we will fill our stadium sooner than later. It's only a matter of time. We will always do our best to give you whatever support we can.

We would like to thank everyone for entertaining us so very much under the Raheem Morris and Mark Dominik regime. You have made us more proud to be Bucs fans than ever and we cannot wait to march forward with you all into this bright future for our team!

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, and GO BUCS!!

Sincerely,
The loyal fans at PewterReport.com and it's message board:

*Screen Names go HERE!! add yours with a comment to the Team and i will add it!*

___

What you have just read is something I wish to send ALL of our rookies, or as many as we can. If you all could help spread the word and leave a comment to be posted on the letter, I will add it and when I have enough, we can all pitch in and send this out to their twitters and such! :)

Leave your comment, followed by your name.

Example:

Go bucs!! - Beatles123.

Let's give it a shot, hmm? What can it hurt to say thanks as one this time? :) Of course, if someone can help m proof-read this baby and make sure the grammar is on par first,that would be  nice! ;)

: July 12, 2011, 04:28:38 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 12, 2011, 04:27:08 PM

You have too much time on your hands.
-Bucs N Beers.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 12, 2011, 04:30:22 PM

Oh come on now, it's not like we AREN'T proud of them is it? :)

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 12, 2011, 04:32:26 PM

Dude

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 12, 2011, 04:39:34 PM

Alright, I can take a hint...so many people were making topics about wanting toughness back and supporting the payers and things that, well, i just wanted to make something nice for them to read that hopefully echoes how most on this forum feel.

I just wanted to do something creative and thoughtful... :-X

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 12, 2011, 04:39:45 PM

Dude
Sweet

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 12, 2011, 04:54:26 PM

Alright, I can take a hint...so many people were making topics about wanting toughness back and supporting the payers and things that, well, i just wanted to make something nice for them to read that hopefully echoes how most on this forum feel.

I just wanted to do something creative and thoughtful... :-X

You should try out for daytime soap operas.

Not an insult.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 12, 2011, 05:00:17 PM

Well people do say I have a way with words. I was trying to make the letter sound professional is all.

Besides, if fans can turn in there season tickets in outrage, those of us who actually support the team can do something like this in return, right? I mean, unless you disagree with what it said.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 12, 2011, 05:10:05 PM

I like the sentiment and the expression thereof.  While I'm sure each of us would express our support for the team in our own inimitable ways, Beatles has said it well.  So I totally agree that this is a team to be very excited about.  I am trying not to let my expectations run away with me because the nature of the NFL is to struggle to manage an almost infinite number of variables anyone of which can derail the train.  Still I am very hopeful and rarin' to go!

Go Bucs:  ladyfan

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 12, 2011, 05:23:49 PM

Thanks ladyfan! :)

C'mon everyone, don't be shy! Add your comment and ill add it to the final version of the letter. They might see it! :)
: July 12, 2011, 05:25:23 PM Beatles123

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 12, 2011, 05:29:36 PM

Dude
Sweet
Dude!

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

britbuc14

Starter

#11 : July 12, 2011, 05:35:57 PM

well said Beatles :)

to all the players, from Ronde who holds a ring, to our future UDFA's. Make all the doubters you ever had pay for the put downs and lack of respect, picture that Lombardi in your hands and show it as proof to those people who never believed.

Play Hard - Play Angry - Play with a point to prove - Win and want MORE

-Britbuc14-

GO BUCS

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 12, 2011, 05:49:02 PM

And thank YOU britbuc! Your comment will be added to the final product.

One thing though guys, this is a team effort. I don't wanna send it till we all are more or less happy with what it says. If there's anything you want the letter to say that i didn't touch on, let me know. I want a consensus statement agreed to. :)
: July 12, 2011, 05:51:47 PM Beatles123

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 12, 2011, 05:56:05 PM

good post beatles...your a passionate fan,

I am absolutely stoked over every one of our draft choices......this was one of our best drafts ever......we'll know for sure in about 3 years.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 12, 2011, 06:00:37 PM

Thanks, 4bucs! I could trim that sentence a bit and add it as a comment if ya like.
: July 12, 2011, 06:03:12 PM Beatles123

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An open letter to our Buccaneers: A message from the fans. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools