Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An open letter to our Buccaneers: A message from the fans. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#45 : May 24, 2012, 07:41:07 PM

Holy mass deletion of posts! Where did all that go!

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#46 : May 24, 2012, 09:19:21 PM

Dude
Sweet
Dude!

(in bad female Asian accent)   ....and then?

bucs63

Starter
#47 : May 24, 2012, 09:25:17 PM

Where's my car?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#48 : May 24, 2012, 09:42:42 PM

Holy mass deletion of posts! Where did all that go!

And here I thought an entire page of history just got "lost"...  It's not just me!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#49 : May 25, 2012, 09:02:24 AM

Nice job Beat, but I'll be honest. I doubt any of our players would get to the end of it - unless ordered to do so by Sgt. Schiano.

I also didn't care for this line:
Gentleman, on this team we are brothers. We take pride in helping each other on the field and in this great state of Florida

While I'm a big believer in the fans being an integral part of the franchise - it's their interaction that enables those young men to make the salaries they do - and that in turn makes it okay for a fan to use the term "we" when referencing the team - something about that line line bothers me.

We are part of the franchise - yes. But we're neither players or coaches. I don't feel it's appropriate for us to make grand declarations about "On this team we are brothers" and so on. We're not on the team. We're not their brothers or their equals. They are professional athletes making more money that we'll ever see in our lifetime (barring a lucky PowerBall ticket). They have no concept of what real life is - even if they came up without anything. Most of these guys have been coddled and told they were the best for their entire lives. Few of us have had that privilege.

Let's leave the speech on brotherhood and community service to the people they'll actually listen to - the veterans on the team and Coach.

Just my .02

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: An open letter to our Buccaneers: A message from the fans. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools