Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dez Bryant vs Mike Williams... Who's better? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
: July 13, 2011, 12:09:58 AM

Who is better? 

Mike Williams was voted into the top 100, while dez did not crack the list.

Their stats:

Mike - 65 Receptions- 964 Yards- 11 TD's  (Mike started day 1)

Dez - 45 Receptions- 561 Receptions- 6 TD's (Dez started as the #3 WR and injuries made him #2 i think)

After watching the videos, both dez and mike have incredible balled skills. Mike seems to be more natural catching.

Dez looks faster and bigger and stronger, also has nice juke moves.  But doesnt look to have as good of route running, or balance. Doesnt cut upfield well.

Mike has great route running, his ball skills are tremendous and his QB trusts him. He is not a big guy, not the fastest either. He gets up field quick though.

What do u guys think?

I think Mike is better right now. Dez has all the physical stuff you want, wonder if he puts it all together...

Also Dez has off field problems.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 13, 2011, 12:14:53 AM

I think you said it right.  Mike is better right now.  I think Dez has bigger potential but I question whether or not he'll ever put it together.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 13, 2011, 12:16:00 AM

I think the better question is who is better, Dez Bryant vs Mike Williams + Rejus Benn.  That is about equivalent value from the same draft.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 13, 2011, 12:20:35 AM

Yeah, I think I would definitely say MW is better to have around than Bryant. It's not just the stats either, it's mostly the attitude.

One year in the NFL and he thinks he's T.O. or something. At least TO has the years and effort behind him to be so brash. You have to wonder what that "I'm entitled" attitude will be like when he's actually making the TD's and yards a real "star" would make..

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 13, 2011, 01:04:21 AM

MW > DB.

Sorry folks.  Dez is a clown.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 13, 2011, 01:16:09 AM

The funny thing is that if you took this question to non-Buc fans, 90% would tell you Dez just due to media hype - Cowboy homerism - Bucs Hate.

I had a conversation with a guy at work about this, and Williams has already produced in the NFL in just one season. When you talk about Dez, all you can point to is potential. Yeah he returned kicks, but how much did he do as a WR? Williams is going to be the better player by far.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 13, 2011, 01:40:11 AM

I agree with the general popular vote going to dez. It was pointed out that mw was 83 while dez didnt make the list.
 I would never trade mw for dez, mw is clearly better. I do think dez will get more catches because jerry jones loves him. Also he is already winning for the ball! He will be targeted 200 times 

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 13, 2011, 04:45:15 AM

1st: that dumb list that NFL Network spent all that time/money is just a dumb list. It's not set-in-stone.

2:  Dez Bryant is better.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 13, 2011, 05:00:37 AM

1st: that dumb list that NFL Network spent all that time/money is just a dumb list. It's not set-in-stone.

2:  Dez Bryant is better.

better how?

MW clearly performed better this year.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 13, 2011, 08:20:16 AM

Mike Williams will have the better career for two reasons.............attitude and Josh Freeman.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#10 : July 13, 2011, 12:00:56 PM

Mike Williams has better numbers, and is right now at the moment a better player... but its not fair to compare them just based on stats. Dez has to compete against Miles Austin for passes, and didnt play the full season. Once he gets healthy though, its a safe bet to say he's going to be a beast..look at the things he has done so far. He was an amazing prospect and hes going to be a sick wide receiver. With that being said though Mike will also be great. He may not have the same natural gifts, but he has a high football IQ and a great attitude...and I would rather have him on the team anyway.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 13, 2011, 12:31:49 PM

Mike Williams: Better route runner, better blocker, more refined WR, better teammate.

Dez Bryant: Bigger, faster, stronger, higher ceiling but i'm not sure he'll ever reach it. Already had problems with injury, did so as well in his last year of college, as well as off the field issues and issues with him teammates at Dallas.

I think Mike will have a better career, i see Dez as someone who has the potential to be a screw up, especially in Dallas unless the new coach changes that.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JM2

Pro Bowler

#12 : July 13, 2011, 02:23:10 PM

MW every day. Better player, better teammate.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 13, 2011, 02:42:34 PM

After one season, it's clearly Mike Williams. He was the best rookie WR in the NFL and it honestly wasn't close.

Dez Bryant DOES have a ton of potential and likely a slightly higher ceiling though. And he's also a great punt returner, which gives him a possible edge if you're looking at value vs value rather than WR vs WR. However, Dez Bryant is also likely to go full retard at any moment, and it's hard to say if he can stay out of trouble long enough to even have a long career at this point.

So far, there's really no debate. Williams is clearly the better player after one season. And while Bryant has the potential to eventually be better, I doubt it will happen. He just seems like too much of a head case.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 13, 2011, 03:01:13 PM

True number 1's-andre johnson, larry fitgerald, reggie wayne, calvin johnson ocho, randy moss etc... Those guys dont return punts anyway. A couple of them did early in their careers but when your a num 1 guy like mike williams has proven he is you dont return punts....... Now that i think about it this question should be a no brainer. Mike drew the extra attention in coverage last year. Dez was beating up on nickle backs and he was still out performed by mw.
: July 13, 2011, 03:02:58 PM buchead
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dez Bryant vs Mike Williams... Who's better? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools