Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ the Selling Point for Garcia?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

: March 20, 2007, 07:41:10 PM

Obviously, when Bruce and Chucky were courting Garcia, they had to convince him that the 4-12 disaster that was this football team could be turned into not only a contender, but a playoff team in 1 year. I'm willing to bet they outlined what moves they planned to make, showing him where the upgrades were going to be. Obviously, the defense isn't getting any younger, but with the added veterans, they were able to patch things up hopefully for at least one year. On the offensive side, obviously Gruden and Allen had to convince Garcia that he wasn't going to get run over every time he dropped back. Hence the Luke Petigout signing. The rest of the o-line is very young, John and Bruce probably told Garcia they would only get better. Finally, Gruden and Allen had to convince Garcia that he would have adequate weapons, and what better way than by drafting Calvin Johnson. Why, after already having Petigout signed, would Garcia get excited about another o-lineman. Chris Simms basically acknoweldged this in his press conference the other day. My point is, when Bruce and Chucky sat down with Garcia, CJ must have been one of their selling points.

#1 : March 20, 2007, 07:45:21 PM

Probably,or he just wanted to more money and start.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#2 : March 20, 2007, 07:45:30 PM

How could they possibly guarantee who they would draft at #4??

#3 : March 20, 2007, 07:46:03 PM

He could have had more money elsewhere, plus a start is not guaranteed.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 20, 2007, 07:46:39 PM

Who offered him more money?

#5 : March 20, 2007, 07:49:04 PM

I may be wrong here, but didn't Minnesota offer more?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : March 20, 2007, 07:49:24 PM

Some other fool who wanted a 37 yr old qb?

psymun

Starter
#7 : March 20, 2007, 07:51:10 PM

I almost don't want the Buccaneers to draft CJ just because I want to see all of the jock lickers cry "complain" and moan... It's becoming ridiculous...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 20, 2007, 07:54:03 PM

CJ will go with the 2nd pick so unless we want to sell the farm he won't be a Buc.

#9 : March 20, 2007, 07:57:54 PM

CJ will go with the 2nd pick so unless we want to sell the farm he won't be a Buc.
Whos going to trade up for #2?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 20, 2007, 07:58:52 PM

what team wouldn't want CJ?  Whoever offers Detroit the best deal.

JC510

Practice Squad

#11 : March 20, 2007, 08:01:05 PM

I know it's done with, but in defense of the 06 team the projected offensive line played ZERO games together (Davis, Buenning, Wade, Joseph, Walker) and Simms only played 3 games. Simms did have a 107 QB rating in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th qtrs of the Carolina game so he might have turned the corner on his season.

If you talk about any team right now and tell them their QB will miss 13 games and their O-line will get hurt at various times and never play together then you can't expect much more than 4-12. The roster isn't a "disaster".

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#12 : March 20, 2007, 08:10:47 PM

I think Buenning is our best OL-man right now. Sadly, he is the one who was injured last year. That played a big part in our OL being bad, I believe, but so did Wade and Davis. Inserting Petitgout should help us a bit but we need to find a center. I think that Joe Thomas would solidify this line.

I don't think we needed to say that CJ would be here in order to sell Garcia on coming here. I think Gruden can light a fire under people better than most coaches and perhaps that was part of it. Plus, this team was a playoff team and division winner in 2005. I don't think that Garcia forgot that.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#13 : March 20, 2007, 08:13:09 PM

I think they will get Joe Thomas if he is there. Yeah it's good to have a nice WR but if you can get a franchise Tackle in Thomas why would you pass that up. He could be here for his entire career you can always find a good wideout. Just look at Colston and Henderson for N.O 6th and 7th rd picks. Get Joe Thomas

#14 : March 20, 2007, 08:14:23 PM

LOL @ Karen and her fascination with age yet she never harps on DB or Alstott for their ages.

The selling point was probably telling him we wouldn't take a QB @ four.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ the Selling Point for Garcia?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools