Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ the Selling Point for Garcia?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#15 : March 20, 2007, 08:15:44 PM

The selling point was probably telling him that Chris Simms was the best we had to start for next season. That probably got him down there in a hurry because he knows he can start over Simms.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#16 : March 20, 2007, 08:17:40 PM

The fact that the guy is a journeyman at best & has allegience to none doesn't bother you?

#17 : March 20, 2007, 08:18:39 PM

The fact that the guy is a journeyman at best & has allegience to none doesn't bother you?
Brad Johnson was a journeyman, and Garcia's allegience is to the Buccaneers for two seasons.

#18 : March 20, 2007, 08:21:52 PM

what team wouldn't want CJ?  Whoever offers Detroit the best deal.
Arizona,Washington,probably Houston and Miami <<<wouldn't want CJ due to needs
the only 2 teams that want CJ is Atlanta and Minnesota
Minnesota is already considered out of the question due to division rivals. Atlanta would have to give a fortune up, Washington will not trade up,Houston has more needs than a WR Miami too.. need I go on?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#19 : March 20, 2007, 08:26:14 PM

Brad Johnson was a journeyman, and Garcia's allegience is to the Buccaneers for two seasons.
Please assume in the future that I am not addressing you.  It will lead to less cursing.

#20 : March 20, 2007, 08:30:51 PM

To answer your question even more, no it doesn't bother me. It's a business first off, secondly it's not like every single player has to be homegrown, good God I can't imagine the fit you had with Hardy Nickerson or Joe J....nevermind you love him, he's the biggest hired gun WR out there.

#21 : March 20, 2007, 08:33:21 PM

I love this board

dm4bucs

Starter
#22 : March 20, 2007, 08:59:47 PM

i think our last journeyman qb won a superbowl here so i'll take garcia if that means he gets us a superbowl...but lets be realistic, we probably won't win the superbowl, but can that 37 year old qb help teach simms and grad and give them a players point of view in the west coast offense...YES!...and no simms will not be stunted by sitting on the beach if he ends up being the backup b/c he is still young and giving him the starting spot last year didn't seem to help his progression, maybe watching garcia and learning from him will help him when he gets another shot.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 21, 2007, 05:54:32 AM

what team wouldn't want CJ?  Whoever offers Detroit the best deal.
Arizona,Washington,probably Houston and Miami <<<wouldn't want CJ due to needs
the only 2 teams that want CJ is Atlanta and Minnesota
Minnesota is already considered out of the question due to division rivals. Atlanta would have to give a fortune up, Washington will not trade up,Houston has more needs than a WR Miami too.. need I go on?

"The Redskins, who have the 6th pick this year, also raised some eyebrows when they sent a full staff to Atlanta to watch Georgia Tech’s Calvin Johnson work out yesterday including owner Dan Snyder, head coach Joe Gibbs and football operations VP Vinny Cerrato, along with both co-ordinators. "

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 21, 2007, 10:53:19 AM

I have a problem with this thread! I don't think the managment of any team would tell an unsigned player there drafting intent

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 21, 2007, 01:30:52 PM

I have a problem with this thread! I don't think the managment of any team would tell an unsigned player there drafting intent
Everyone who's anyone knows we want CJ....

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

MBF

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 21, 2007, 01:31:12 PM

Some other fool who wanted a 37 yr old qb?
Yes Karen. The GM's in the NFL are idiots. You are the smartest person in the world, even smarter than LB16.

#27 : March 21, 2007, 01:49:35 PM

My point is, when Bruce and Chucky sat down with Garcia, CJ must have been one of their selling points.

Al Davis could've promised him the same thing... and with a lot more certainty than we can.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#28 : March 21, 2007, 03:22:01 PM

I dont think they told Garcia this is who we are going to draft, nor did they "guar-un-tee" anything....but I can see them telling Garcia that we have had a lack or progress with our current recievers, and that we are going to target some WR projections, as well as allow him to groom them a bit with his arm....

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

#29 : March 21, 2007, 03:27:01 PM

Everyone who's anyone knows we want CJ....

Just like everyone knew we wanted BMW.   ;)  They might be looking at CJ because the chances of JT slipping to 4th are slim BUT if he does then he will be the preferred target.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ the Selling Point for Garcia?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools