Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeGarrette Blount's journey to the field « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#15 : July 16, 2011, 04:17:58 PM

I think Blount has all the right intentions and he's a good dude, just isn't too intelligent. Talib has the talent and the mind for football, he just puts himself in the wrong places with the wrong people and won't let anyone try to tell him otherwise. Nnamdi would be the best thing that could ever happen to Talib cause then he would finally have somebody above him that could show him right from wrong. Think about it, Talib has probably been the best CB on every team he's ever been on. He'd actually have somebody on the team he'd HAVE to respect if we brought him in.
: July 16, 2011, 04:22:10 PM ctrombetta

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 16, 2011, 05:20:58 PM

I think hes a good guy too. He just needs to learn to control his emotions a little better. Thats something a person can work on. Same with Talib as well. I think hes just a young kid finding his way. Take it from a young guy myself. Im noway near perfect, being young, theres so much to learn about and grow up from and honestly I dont think that really ever stops.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 16, 2011, 06:17:02 PM

I think Blount has all the right intentions and he's a good dude, just isn't too intelligent. Talib has the talent and the mind for football, he just puts himself in the wrong places with the wrong people and won't let anyone try to tell him otherwise. Nnamdi would be the best thing that could ever happen to Talib cause then he would finally have somebody above him that could show him right from wrong. Think about it, Talib has probably been the best CB on every team he's ever been on. He'd actually have somebody on the team he'd HAVE to respect if we brought him in.

if he cant respect ronde, do you really believe he would respect asomugha?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 16, 2011, 06:31:00 PM

Yeah - I don't think a 'co-worker' is going to change what Talib is doing...   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 16, 2011, 09:52:38 PM

Hard to argue that point.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#20 : July 16, 2011, 10:06:46 PM

When was Ronde ever better than Talib while he's been on the team?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 16, 2011, 10:35:24 PM

is that how respect works?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 16, 2011, 11:18:36 PM

is that how respect works?

I hear ya.   Best player on the team is not always the most respected.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 16, 2011, 11:22:42 PM

I could easily see Talib having great respect for Nnamdi as he's one of the premier at his position right now. Ronde is a has been.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 17, 2011, 06:51:39 AM

I could easily see Talib having great respect for Nnamdi as he's one of the premier at his position right now. Ronde is a has been.

how about 3 years ago?  was ronde a has been then?

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#25 : July 17, 2011, 10:57:55 AM

I think the difference between Blount and Talib is that Blount seems like a nice guy, but has a temper problem. Talib seems like a thug A-hole with a temper problem. Plus, Blount's anger issues have been on the field (postgame and practice). Talib is out in public causing trouble.

The difference is one act's like a Man and uses his fists on others who arguably deserve it. The other is a child who uses guns.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 17, 2011, 11:08:33 AM

Aso is considered the top of his trade, a very smart player, a leader by both choice and his peers.... and Talib has to be watching and his careers moves away fro his control... could be a good time for Talib to meet a person like Aso. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#27 : July 17, 2011, 12:00:50 PM

Panthers Monday Night game.....all I gotta say. Not only was he on the back end of his career, but Talib was already a superior player than him as a rookie. These young guys don't care what your past credentials are anymore, you gotta go out there and show it on the field for them to respect it.

I think most/all of you that don't want to spend the money on Nnamdi don't really watch too much football besides the Bucs. This isn't just your run of the mill guy that gets overpaid every summer. This is one of the greatest cornerbacks of all time, and we'll probably/definitely never get a chance to sign a CB as good as him EVER again. You wanna pass on the opportunity to be great so you can save some money and pick up a mediocre cornerback just for the sake of picking up a CB? All while we have the most cap room we'll ever have. Not trying to turn this into a Nnamdi topic....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 17, 2011, 05:38:45 PM

Talib was better than Ronde the day he arrived here.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 17, 2011, 05:41:20 PM

Ya, Talib has been the best CB on the roster since day 1 he got here. But I really doubt bringing in a CB better than him improves his problem, might even make him worse.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeGarrette Blount's journey to the field « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools