Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will be our heart and soul on defense? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 19, 2011, 01:08:14 PM

I think it could be Clayborn.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 19, 2011, 01:12:59 PM

I think people are going to be disappointed with Clayborn this year. Not that he sucks, but people expect too much. He really needs to increase his upper body strength. He has said so himself. He has good hands and the erbs palsy doesn't seem to really effect him when he's on the field, but it does limit his workout and upper body strength. I'm sure the Bucs will figure out the best way to help him build muscle. They'll build him his own designer workout machine if need be...but this year I expect him to get man handled, which will lead to many fans screaming bust way too early.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 19, 2011, 01:20:30 PM

I wasn't necessary talkin bout this year.  Just in the future.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 19, 2011, 01:41:43 PM

not just off the field but also racking up the stats on the field...my guess would be Geno Hayes...he's gotten lost in the shuffle...people dont even mention him anymore and i think that would drive him to have a breakout year...he has the tools to be an impact player for years to come..plus it only helps when we bring in two potential studs on the defensive line...all the focus will be on the D-line..what do you guys think?
[/ybsolutely not...in a million years......no...no...no.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 19, 2011, 01:43:17 PM

Hayes is talented enough to be one of the best defenders on the D, but "heart and soul?" Not a chance. Guys who work out on their own don't get that title.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 19, 2011, 01:45:55 PM

I wasn't necessary talkin bout this year.  Just in the future.

In that case I agree. I could definitely see Clayborn developing into a team leader down the road.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#21 : July 19, 2011, 02:07:23 PM

not just off the field but also racking up the stats on the field...my guess would be Geno Hayes...he's gotten lost in the shuffle...people dont even mention him anymore and i think that would drive him to have a breakout year...he has the tools to be an impact player for years to come..plus it only helps when we bring in two potential studs on the defensive line...all the focus will be on the D-line..what do you guys think?
[/ybsolutely not...in a million years......no...no...no.

" lost in the shuffle" !  Sounds like too many of Geno's plays last season. If he doesn't show some more "Heart" he may be the lost "Soul" on defense and lose his starting job.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 19, 2011, 02:12:32 PM

Geno is still only 23 years old and he acts even younger. I followed the guy for one day on twitter and after 100+ dumbass tweets in a 12 hour span, I had to stop following him. He's a kid. I don't see him leading our team anytime soon.

We need a Freeman type guy to step up on defense. Right now the only guy that seems to have that mentality is McKenzie. Now he just needs to show he can actually play.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#23 : July 19, 2011, 02:17:14 PM

Won't be Geno, guy isn't focused and stayed away from the team and judging from his twitter posts he likes to clown around non stop. Hearts and souls of defenses generally tend toasted the other end of the personality spectrum. That's why I was pleased to hear about McCoy taking himself more seriously this year. I think McCoy, Mackenzie and Grimm cover the bases for us at each level.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 19, 2011, 02:29:57 PM

Geraldini93 Gerald McCoy
Worked out all off season in Cali. Now i'm about to go run in this Tampa heat. Have to get used to it for camp. Its about that time.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 19, 2011, 02:39:33 PM

Geno Hayes??? ROFL

Its going to come from a McCoy, McKenzie, Foster type ... but in time.  I don't think any of them are quite ready.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#26 : July 19, 2011, 02:40:55 PM

I hope its Clayborn. He has the attitude I want leading our defense. Just hope he can back it up with play

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#27 : July 19, 2011, 02:52:51 PM

Geno is still only 23 years old and he acts even younger. I followed the guy for one day on twitter and after 100+ dumbass tweets in a 12 hour span, I had to stop following him. He's a kid. I don't see him leading our team anytime soon.

We need a Freeman type guy to step up on defense. Right now the only guy that seems to have that mentality is McKenzie. Now he just needs to show he can actually play.

bro it sounds like you have a man crush on Mckenzie.. you keep blabin on how Mckenzie is a super star in the making...c'mon man we dont even know if this guy can play a full year..atleast in my eyes Hayes can play...honestly i cant say the same for Mckenzie...

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 19, 2011, 02:56:18 PM

i did hear reports that Mckenzie was trying to get workouts together ..but that doesnt make him a star..just ask Alex Smith from the 49ers...lol..i feel you guys are giving him the benefit if the doubt because of that

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 19, 2011, 03:03:58 PM

I wouldn't bet on Geno being here in 2012 unless he gets his head out his butt and grows up.

Foster could come in and grab his job now if Hayes doesn't change.

I've seen zero leadership qualities in him. Isn't he also the one that has been late to meetings and missed the team bus.
His arrest didn't help either-that whole episode on his part was just plain stupid and juvenile.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will be our heart and soul on defense? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools