Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Dominik throw us a curveball in FA? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

zeke23

Rookie

: July 19, 2011, 01:14:06 PM

Having a conversation about what MD might try and pull off in FA this year and it got me to wondering, with the normal names we've all coversated about with who we want or might sign this year, are there any names that we may hear or see that are flying under the radar?

It seems all our guessing as to who we'll sign for the most part have been:

-Aso, Aso, Aso, Aso, Aso, Aso, Aso (who I was orignally campaigning for).

-Jonathan Joseph
-Brent Grimes
-Richard Marshall
-Josh Wilson
-Eric Wright
-Steven Tulloch
-Paul Posluzny(sp)
-Omar Gaither
-Ryan Clabo
-Yanda (Baltimore)

Give or take a few other names we banter about, we've spent most our time debating about these names.

My question is...are there any surprises that may come our way?

Maybe a name like a Sydney Rice to bolster our receiving core? And I thought of this name out of the blue and started to wonder about this. I know we have a nice group of young guys that are talented, especially Mike Williams (who I think will be a star). Coming off an injury, but has the ability to really stretch a defense and if he can get back to 100% you've got a guy that could be Top 5 in the league. We've got Benn (coming off an injury) who was coming into his own before he went down. Spurlock, who just makes plays in crucial moments and still learning the position. Parker, Briscoe and Stroughter are still question marks, IMO.

Anyway, are there any other positions/names out there we might hear?

Discuss...

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 19, 2011, 01:17:24 PM

I don't think there is any way he goes and throws a curveball and signs a player like a Sydney Rice, Santonio Holmes, or even a Deangelo Williams. OL, DB, LB, and a COP/3RB are the only players I see us really going after.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 19, 2011, 01:23:53 PM

You can almost count on it...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 19, 2011, 01:24:57 PM

I still see d end as a possibility. This team has been dreadful when it comes to pass rush, so I could see Dom picking up another pass rusher despite having just drafted two. A guy like cliff aviril.
: July 19, 2011, 01:27:17 PM bucs449

zeke23

Rookie

#4 : July 19, 2011, 01:30:13 PM

You can almost count on it...

Count on Rice, you think? Or is it the curveball you're speaking of?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 19, 2011, 01:35:13 PM

All I'm saying is the guy is full of surprises...

Remember when he traded for Winslow?   NO one thought about that one.

I just expect that all of this supposition that's burning up the boards over the last month is for naught...

We will be surprised...    thats why I'm soooo psyched for this FA period.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 19, 2011, 01:53:16 PM

Actually, IIRC, it was posted right here that we were in trade talks for a big name player.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#7 : July 19, 2011, 02:00:02 PM

I have a feeling that we will definitely be suprised (a good suprise) by something he does. He'll make a trade for somebody that we weren't even thinking we had a chance at getting.

MasterC25

Starter
#8 : July 19, 2011, 02:00:29 PM

Look for a pitch to Willie Colon(steelers RT) being from Hofstra, Raheem should know him well. And if avaiable I believe we can make a slash for Logan Mankins(Patriots LG) to bookend Resign Davin Joseph

Penn-Mankins-Faine-Joseph-Colon

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 19, 2011, 02:03:05 PM

*dreaming of a dominant Oline*

(and a complimentary back to Blount.)

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 19, 2011, 02:14:06 PM

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 19, 2011, 02:24:43 PM

Hmmmm...

As much as Morris upped about Von Miller in the draft...

would not be a shocker.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 19, 2011, 02:26:08 PM

Actually, IIRC, it was posted right here that we were in trade talks for a big name player.

Remember like yesterday DTG saying we were in discussions for a young vet.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 19, 2011, 02:27:28 PM

Hmmmm...

As much as Morris upped about Von Miller in the draft...

would not be a shocker.

I have been thinking the same thing it was alot of smoke about hybrid DE/LB types alot throughout the offseason.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Handiman1031

Second String
#14 : July 19, 2011, 03:05:06 PM

My sleepers are:

DE Mark Anderson - Millard coached him up before he was drafted.

LB Thomas Howard - Very athletic coverage linebacker who fell out of favor in Oakland so he is flying under the radar.

RB Jerome Harrison - Killer change of pace back, provides a lot of the same attributes as the high touted Sproles at a much cheaper rate.

WR Randy Moss - He is in line for another breakout from his down year if he has indeed been working out hard all off season.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Dominik throw us a curveball in FA? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools