Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Dominik throw us a curveball in FA? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#15 : July 19, 2011, 03:09:40 PM

A curveball that seems likely in some cases is Reggie Bush. I think he could do better here with the tempo change between Blount and him. I know hes an idiot, but hes got all the intangibles, and he could add some life to his career if he can get into a system like ours.

Handiman1031

Second String
#16 : July 19, 2011, 03:16:27 PM

A curveball that seems likely in some cases is Reggie Bush. I think he could do better here with the tempo change between Blount and him. I know hes an idiot, but hes got all the intangibles, and he could add some life to his career if he can get into a system like ours.

I'd love to get Reggie Bush, but I would instantly insert him into the slot role.  I'd use him exactly how the VIkes use Harvin, full time receiver with spot carries as a change of pace at RB.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#17 : July 19, 2011, 03:23:51 PM

I'd love to get Reggie Bush, but I would instantly insert him into the slot role.  I'd use him exactly how the VIkes use Harvin, full time receiver with spot carries as a change of pace at RB.

Agreed, but I think that he would probably if here, get similar play calls like he did at USC. Hell, even if we did just use him like a Harvin, id be fine with that. We need a slot guy like that. Sammy is still working I know that, but Reggie IMO has some of the best hands.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 19, 2011, 10:20:04 PM

I have a feeling that we will definitely be suprised (a good suprise) by something he does. He'll make a trade for somebody that we weren't even thinking we had a chance at getting.

I think we'll...

1. Initially hate or ask "wtf" to whoever he brings in.
2. Watch that pick play.
3. Question ourselves once again.
4. Go on MB and imitate the Wayne's world, "We're not worthy" chant for Dom.  :P

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 19, 2011, 10:23:54 PM

re-sign joseph and hayward.  then make a splash with stephen tulloch.  then crush atl by giving clabo a big contract.  and for the curveball, give up our 1st next year for carl nicks.  thats my dream offseason.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucstopshere5

Starter
#20 : July 19, 2011, 10:29:07 PM

I wouldnt be so surpised if we did sign a big name RB....remember the whole it's all about #5?! Adding a Deangelo Williams to Blount would make this offense scary...

though I think like said above, if Reggie gets released there's a good chance for that one. I would love reggie here, I think a change of scenery would be great for him, and him playing NO 2 times a year wouldnt hurt to prove that taking a 1st round rb was the wrong thing to do....

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 19, 2011, 10:46:40 PM

I think the curveball will come in the form of a trade as opposed to FA.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#22 : July 19, 2011, 11:10:32 PM

jeez every time i hear Reggie Bush it brings a smile to my face...if  sum how we land him.. he would get utilized kinda like Westbrook did with the eagles...except that he wont be the starter...

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 19, 2011, 11:21:38 PM

I think the curveball will come in the form of a trade as opposed to FA.

Any guesses?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 19, 2011, 11:37:04 PM

Osi Umenyiora. Hes got 2 years left on his contract,  which hes upset with and wanted a new one. The Giants reportedly promised him a new one, but being close to the cap, its unlikely he gets a new contract. Being snubbed 2 years in a row may be enough to push him over the edge. Hes allegedly thinking about holding out as well. Giants could free up some cap space, Osi gets a new deal. Only thing is he doesnt want to be a backup. He could start here and have a good rotation with the 2 rookies that were just drafted and provide insurance for Bowers if he has some sort of a set back.

The FA that I think would be somewhat of a surprise is Kiwanuka. Hes played both LB and DE for the Giants and could fit the "hybrid" role for Raheem. They seem to take chances on guys with injury concerns but have produced. His disk injury is concerning though and may effect whats left of his career and maybe even his quality of life if he injures it further.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 19, 2011, 11:41:24 PM

I doubt it happens, but a sweet surprise would be seeing Deangelo Williams brought in. Talk about an instant upgrade for the O.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 19, 2011, 11:50:39 PM

Osi Umenyiora. Hes got 2 years left on his contract,  which hes upset with and wanted a new one. The Giants reportedly promised him a new one, but being close to the cap, its unlikely he gets a new contract. Being snubbed 2 years in a row may be enough to push him over the edge. Hes allegedly thinking about holding out as well. Giants could free up some cap space, Osi gets a new deal. Only thing is he doesnt want to be a backup. He could start here and have a good rotation with the 2 rookies that were just drafted and provide insurance for Bowers if he has some sort of a set back.

The FA that I think would be somewhat of a surprise is Kiwanuka. Hes played both LB and DE for the Giants and could fit the "hybrid" role for Raheem. They seem to take chances on guys with injury concerns but have produced. His disk injury is concerning though and may effect whats left of his career and maybe even his quality of life if he injures it further.

At this point in the off-season, I would consider that a curveball but would he really be worth what we would have to give up?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 20, 2011, 12:17:27 AM

I think the curveball will be Dom does nothing.   Re-signs our guys but doesn't bring anyone in. Then in December he signs Freeman to an extension worth 50-60 mil and that takes us to the cap floor.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 20, 2011, 12:21:29 AM

I doubt it happens, but a sweet surprise would be seeing Deangelo Williams brought in. Talk about an instant upgrade for the O.

I'd be so hype.....

Nnamdi, D-Will, Clabo and Poz + re-sign a few of our guys is my Christmas list.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 20, 2011, 01:03:58 AM

At this point in the off-season, I would consider that a curveball but would he really be worth what we would have to give up?

a disgruntled player thats holding out and is currently a backup on the Giants roster shouldnt command much. Id say at most something similar to the K2 trade.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Dominik throw us a curveball in FA? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools