Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Paul Posluszny mentions Bucs on Sirius NFL Radio « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

: July 19, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

During an appearance on Sirius NFL Radio last week, impending free agent linebacker Paul Posluszny indicated that he'd be interested in signing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers should he not re-up with the Buffalo Bills this offseason.

Within a column examining potential free agent additions for the Bucs, Charlie Campbell of Pewter Report reported that Bucs team sources indicate there is some interest on behalf of the team in signing him. In Campbell's view, Posluszny would provide competition for Tyrone McKenzie and Mason Foster, though he'd likely have a bit of an edge given his experience level.

If it's neither the Bills nor the Bucs, the New York Giants and Detroit Lions have also been cited as possibilities for the Penn State product, and the former of those two options has a connection to the LB's past: Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell coached Posluszny during his prior gig as DC and interim head coach of the Bills.

-ESPN RC

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 19, 2011, 05:25:46 PM

I see a lot of people on this forum saying the Poz is just another Ruud. I think those people see a white guy with long hair and jump to a misguided conclusion. Poz has had some injury issues, but when he is on the field he is a very good football player. He is about 1000x more physical than Ruud. He actually like to hit people in the mouth. He's no pro bowler, but he sure as hell isn't Ruud. If the price is reasonable I hope he lands here.

Draft Aaron Donald

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 19, 2011, 05:40:10 PM

I see a lot of people on this forum saying the Poz is just another Ruud. I think those people see a white guy with long hair and jump to a misguided conclusion.

Not my conclusion. The conclusion of the people who actually watch him play week in and week out. Bills fans...

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=354749

But I'm sure you know more about it than they do.

FYI, I don't think Poz sucks as much as Bills fans do, and I don't think that Ruud sucks as much as Bucs fans do. Everybody seems to think that they are supposed to have a Ray Lewis. Clearly, everyone can't have a Ray Lewis.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 19, 2011, 05:41:43 PM

See what Bills fans are saying about him....

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=355226

"A key cog to our league worst run D."

"I want to resign him, I think hes a solid player who can help us but not at 7-8 mil a year."

"Keep Poz and see what he can do with better talent around him."

"Poz isn't an impact player and quite frankly you can't tell any difference between when he's on and off the field. He's worth 2.5 a year at the absolute most. He's an (at best) average linebacker. You don't lose, or gain, anything by replacing him."

"I am arguing is that our best linebacker is average at best in comparison to most other teams in the league."

it just goes on and on and many of these statements sound familiar.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 19, 2011, 05:43:54 PM

Don't think we'll sign him to be honest.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 19, 2011, 05:56:58 PM

http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/7/12/2272080/paul-posluszny-insight-from-buffalo-rumblings

Paul Posluszny: Insight From Buffalo Rumblings
 by Ed Valentine on Jul 12, 2011 1:01 PM EDT in New York Giants News

45 COMMENTS EMAIL PRINT
In the wake of this morning's note about Buffalo linebacker Paul Posluszny expressing some interest in the New York Giants should he leave the Buffalo Bills as a free agent, I reached out to Buffalo Rumblings editor Brian Galliford for more insight into Posluszny.

Brian graciously, and quickly, responded with some thoughts on the four-year veteran out of Penn State. He bullet points below are quoted from Brian's response.

He's good. He's not an impact player, and he can be beaten in coverage, but he's a solid, dependable starter.
If he leaves Buffalo, I'd call it 50/50 between the Giants and the Browns. Just as the Giants have a coaching connection (Perry Fewell), so do the Browns (**CENSORED** Jauron), and both could use a linebacker. The Giants may get a slight edge there, but it'd be close.
From everything I have seen and heard, Posluszny will be Buffalo's top re-signing priority once the lockout is lifted. They want him back.
He played outside in college, and I think he could probably do it as a pro, but he's best in the middle. He's best playing inside, flowing to the ball versus the run and playing zone coverage. He'd do very well in a pure Tampa 2 system.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 19, 2011, 06:01:49 PM

The way I see it is he "isn't" Ruud. He might play the same way but we won't know until he's on our team in our defense. The main point for signing him is that he is experienced, a "good" player and we need the help. People don't seem to realize that we don't need an MLB. We need an entire LB corps. The more competition the better. Maybe we shouldn't be so dead set on Foster at MLB or even McKenzie at MLB. I think the best way the get this done is to get all these guys in (including Black if they decide to resign him) and tell them every position is open. If one guy doesn't exactly light it up on the outside or the middle, try him at another spot.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 19, 2011, 06:43:44 PM

Football is coming!!!!!!                    football is coming!!!!!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 19, 2011, 06:45:44 PM

FYI, I don't think Poz sucks as much as Bills fans do, and I don't think that Ruud sucks as much as Bucs fans do. Everybody seems to think that they are supposed to have a Ray Lewis. Clearly, everyone can't have a Ray Lewis.

I'd settle for Clay Matthews

-------------------------------------------------------

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 19, 2011, 07:21:39 PM

He is about 1000x more physical than Ruud. He actually like to hit people in the mouth. He's no pro bowler, but he sure as hell isn't Ruud. If the price is reasonable I hope he lands here.

This is true.  Puz is no good in coverage, but he's pretty good around the LOS.  For whatever reason, he wasn't as good in 2010 - but he was very good the previous 2 seasons.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 19, 2011, 07:37:25 PM

He is about 1000x more physical than Ruud. He actually like to hit people in the mouth. He's no pro bowler, but he sure as hell isn't Ruud. If the price is reasonable I hope he lands here.

This is true.  Puz is no good in coverage, but he's pretty good around the LOS.  For whatever reason, he wasn't as good in 2010 - but he was very good the previous 2 seasons.
Maybe that broken arm?  Not sure how bad it was but he sure came back quickly.

I like the guy.  If Ruud is a goner I'd like to get him.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 19, 2011, 07:41:58 PM

I think in the two previous years they ran a 4-3 and last year they switched to a 3-4. That could of had something to do with it.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 19, 2011, 07:50:07 PM

I put this in another post, Paul P's brother lives in Tampa.  So that may have some pull for him to come here.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 19, 2011, 08:34:39 PM

It's because he went from being a MLB in a 4-3, to an OLB in a 3-4. They switched defenses on him and now he's not really a good fit anymore. I'd put money down that says he leaves Buffalo and goes to a 4-3 team.

Draft Aaron Donald

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 19, 2011, 08:40:37 PM

Poz has faced the same exact Dline issues that Ruud has over the last few years.

Poz cannot stay on the field.

Poz is not a fit for the 3-4...   

Poz is a stretch as a 3-4 OLB. Althouth in the interview he thought (although not confidently) that he could pull it off.

I heard the interview - smart guy - mentioned Tbay...   but only because we have a 4-3 MLB question mark.

I vote not.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Paul Posluszny mentions Bucs on Sirius NFL Radio « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools