Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Paul Posluszny mentions Bucs on Sirius NFL Radio « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 19, 2011, 08:56:09 PM

Poz cannot stay on the field..

This point might be exaggerated a bit.  He's missed 6 games out of the last 48.  Davin Joseph has missed 9 games in the same period, and I don't hear anyone saying he can't stay on the field.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 19, 2011, 09:21:41 PM

He broke his forearm in his 3rd game of his rookie year. So he actually missed 13 games in 2007.

He played every game in 2008 and had a great season.

He broke the same forearm in week 1 of 2009. He missed 5 games but was back to start week 6 and finished out the season. Had a great season again.

Last year he played every game. He had 151 tackles but really wasn't much of a difference maker because the Bills switched to the 3-4 and he move outside.

So he's actually missed 17 games in 4 years. You'd think he'd have a titanium rod in that damn forearm by now! I think it's safe to say he leads with it, using it like a club.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 19, 2011, 09:24:43 PM

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 19, 2011, 09:29:10 PM

Awesome video. Here's a better one...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 19, 2011, 09:37:40 PM

Yeah it's sad. Wonder when exactly it was that Barrett Ruud lost the will to be a linebacker in the NFL.

Behind Enemy Lines

Second String

#20 : July 19, 2011, 09:56:03 PM

The Penn State alumni in me is screaming "Sign Poz!!!"  We were one pick away from getting Poz in the 2007 draft and the freaking Bills jumped us and took him. 

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#21 : July 20, 2011, 12:08:26 AM

I have never seen Barrett Ruud play like that in my life. Where were those types of hits and that speed to the ball in his whole time with the Bucs?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 20, 2011, 12:24:25 AM

I have never seen Barrett Ruud play like that in my life. Where were those types of hits and that speed to the ball in his whole time with the Bucs?

Basically my point was that showing college film doesn't mean anything. Ruud's film looked good too. Bills fans hate on Poz just like Bucs fans hate on Ruud. Obviously, if there was as big a difference talent wise between the two that some on this board would lead you to believe there is, then shouldn't it be apparent to the fans that watch Poz play every Sunday?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 20, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Basically my point was that showing college film doesn't mean anything. Ruud's film looked good too. Bills fans hate on Poz just like Bucs fans hate on Ruud. Obviously, if there was as big a difference talent wise between the two that some on this board would lead you to believe there is, then shouldn't it be apparent to the fans that watch Poz play every Sunday?

stop making sense. youll ruin people.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 20, 2011, 01:22:47 AM

I REFUSE to believe that was Barrett Ruud in that video.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 20, 2011, 01:38:20 AM

When the BUcs have Ruud in a 4-3, they suck at run coverage.  He plays light.

He is replaceable.  Will he be replaced this year?  I doubt it.  He has familiarity.  The BUcs need guys who do not need to learn new things at the drop of a hat.  They need guys who already have it.

Ruud gets resigned.

Does that make him good?  No.  Can he improve?  Sure.

I just hated reading the article in which he basically talked about preserving himself.  You don;t want to hear that from a MLB ever.  You want to hear Conan the Barbarian talking in regards to football.  Also, I do not think teams are that high on Ruud.

I would love to see he BUcs sign Puz, and let both of them play in situational roles this year.  Of course, that isn;t happening either.

I do know that if Puz is upright, he is solid.  The Bills fans I know think he is decent...they hate his durability though...

The BUcs fans I know think Ruud is soft.  But he is durable.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 20, 2011, 06:55:57 AM

Not sure I want this guy or Ruud. I want a guy who can start and be our starter for long term. This team is growing and with the addition of a MLB who can do it all, our defense can grow with our offense and eventually be one of the elite teams for years.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 20, 2011, 07:36:55 AM

Wow I can;t even believe that is the same player. He looks much more quicker and looks like he actually wants to get to the ball carrier before he gets to him.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 20, 2011, 07:51:30 AM

Wow I can;t even believe that is the same player. He looks much more quicker and looks like he actually wants to get to the ball carrier before he gets to him.

I know. It's almost as if he's playing in a different scheme or something...

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 20, 2011, 08:01:09 AM

I know. It's almost as if he's playing in a different scheme or something...

Don't know why a different sceme would make someone slower and not want to attack a ball carrier.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Paul Posluszny mentions Bucs on Sirius NFL Radio « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools