Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zuttah Strongest Member of Offensive Line? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« : July 20, 2011, 12:31:58 AM »

While perusing the internet I found a statement by James Lee, very interesting. Lee said that the strongest member of the Bucs offensive line is Jeremy Zuttah. The reason I found it interesting, is that it was reported last year that Zuttah wasn't taking the off-season serious and needed to work more in the weight room. Know Lee comes out and states the Zuttah is the strongest member on the line.

LINK

« : July 20, 2011, 12:35:17 AM yuccaneers »

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #1 : July 20, 2011, 12:36:31 AM »

I like the Z man.  I hope we see some improvement this year.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

« #2 : July 20, 2011, 12:47:16 AM »

Interesting. His game is more athletic and finesse (If you want to call and O-Lineman that)

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #3 : July 20, 2011, 01:12:16 AM »

yeah, I dont see it. If hes is, it doesnt translate to the field.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

-ts

Hall of Famer
« #4 : July 20, 2011, 01:39:41 AM »

If he can ever get some heat on his shot gun snaps he could be a decent center. You can't however keep a guy who snaps like he does.

I still prefer him as a valuable 6th lineman.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #5 : July 20, 2011, 10:52:56 AM »

http://www.bucscentral.com/general-news/james-lee-talks-football-charity

We all love to see LeGarrette Blount hurdle defenders, Mike Williams leap over the entire secondary and watch Josh Freeman’s air attack. However, none of that is possible without a solid front. When Jeremy Trueblood went down in week seven, third year player James Lee stepped in at right tackle — and never stepped out.

Lee, 25, was born in Belle Glade, Florida. He attended  storied Glades Central High School. The same area that has the “muck bowl” between Glades Central and Pahokee has produced NFL talent like clockwork. Fred Taylor, Santionio Holmes, Reidel Anthony, and 22 other NFL players have come out of Glades Central.

“It’s a lot on your shoulders [playing football at Glades Central] to perform,” Lee said. “So many guys come from one city and make it to the league. It’s setting a platform for the kids that are there now. Football is our way to get out of Belle Glade.”

Lee and the other four starters on the offensive line may have had the best season in Tampa history. They ranked second on Cold Hard Football Fact’s offensive hog index behind no other than the New England Patriots and helped Tampa average 4.64 yards per attempt running the ball.

Lee was thrust into the action, following the injury to Trueblood, playing next Pro Bowl right guard Davin Joseph.

“Playing next to him [Joseph] is a plus, Davin is well experienced he sees things faster than I do,” Lee said. “He helps me out a lot. He talks to me. We have great communication. …He sets an example for all of us no matter what what we’re doing.”

When you think of offensive linemen you typically think of strength, but Lee is different. “I rely a lot more on my athleticism,” he said.

Don’t let that fool you, though. Lee maxed out in the bench press last in college at 465 pounds and squats more than 675  pounds.  However, Lee doesn’t claim to be the strongest member of the line, he gives that title to Jeremy Zuttah out of Rutgers.

Once training camp starts Lee will be mostly likely going up against Da’Quan Bowers out of Clemson, the Bucs’ second round pick.

When asked if he would give him any advice Lee joked “Why would I give him advice? he’s going to have to work to beat me. And it wont be easy.”

With many great defensive linemen in the NFL, Lee said the toughest one he has faced was Haloti Ngata of Baltimore. Ngata had his toughest game of the season against Lee. He was unable to reach Freeman and finished with just one solo tackle.

James Lee isn’t all football though. Last weekend was his first weekend spent in Florida since the second week of May. Lee is an avid traveler, most notably going to the Australian Outback this off-season.

“I Went to Sydney, Australia, this off-season. The culture was awesome,” Lee said. “I got to see the Aborigines, tasted kangaroo, got to see koalas and venture into the outback. It was a great experience, completely different than the states.”

Lee also enjoys video games, most notably the Madden NFL football franchise.

“I play as the Bucs [when I play Madden]. I switch it up every now and then though. I like Philly too,” Lee added.”…I’d like to be rated pretty high [in Madden this season] but I won’t predict too high, I just hope it’s good.”

He also has a charitable organization, the James Lee Child Foundation.

“We’re trying to help the youth back in Belle Glade. We just put on a free football camp for kids from the ages of seven-to-17. They could come out and go through drills with NFL players. We played a 7-on-7 game at the end and the winning team got an autographed football from the various NFL players there,” Lee said.

“I’m now working on getting kids ready for school back home. Getting them haircuts and school supplies to get them motivated. I want them to get a good start. I also adopt a few families around Christmas. They’re are a lot of people hurting out there and we supply them with food and gifts for the kids to help brighten their holiday.”

Lee is currently working on getting the James Lee Child Foundation to Tampa as well. “Because of the hype of the one I did in Belle Glade. I’ve got people calling me now asking how we can get it to Tampa.”

Wasn't Zuttah blasted for his lack of upper body strength?  What's the deal?  He sure doesn't play like an overpowering mauler a lot of the time...

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #6 : July 20, 2011, 11:34:18 AM »

Zuttah =  jack of all trades, master of none.

Turn the page.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #7 : July 20, 2011, 01:17:23 PM »

Zuttah =  jack of all trades, master of none.

Zuttah = Better than Faine.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #8 : July 20, 2011, 01:20:56 PM »

this strongest lineman thing was reported somewhere else a while back...

I really hope Zuttah comes all the way through...  I'd love Faine off the roster.   HE can be replaced.  ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : July 20, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »

Zuttah needs to use those muscles to hike the ball a bit higher then.  If he could learn to do that, I say he could be the starting C.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #10 : July 20, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »

Combine reps

Zuttah: 35
Larsen: 26
Joseph: 24
Trueblood: 20
Faine: NA

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
« #11 : July 20, 2011, 03:44:19 PM »

If Zuttah improves his Shotgun snaps he can be a top 20 NFL Center.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

« #12 : July 20, 2011, 05:43:21 PM »

Yeah I read that awhile back as well. He definitely doesn't seem that strong when he's on the field. He should be more worried about being competitive on the field than in the weight room, but i'm glad we have a versatile backup like him. He really could be a decent center if only he could do shotgun snaps.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : July 20, 2011, 05:51:22 PM »

There you go FRG - he is great at lifting weights.  I knew someone would find a place where he excels. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #14 : July 20, 2011, 06:05:51 PM »

There you go FRG - he is great at lifting weights.  I knew someone would find a place where he excels.
Never ceases to amaze me how some find apparent delight in denigrating Buccaneer players and coaches.  Just sayin'

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zuttah Strongest Member of Offensive Line? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools