Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zuttah Strongest Member of Offensive Line? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 20, 2011, 06:09:28 PM

LOL - that's my line about your talk about the Oline - and its' coaches.  Nice try though.  I'll make sure to remember the attempted theft.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 20, 2011, 06:17:26 PM

Face it, DB, two years ago there were anonymous reports that Zuttah wasn't taking his training as seriously as the anonymous person wanted him to and you haven't forgiven him and go out of your way to denigrate him whenever you can, even though his play on the field is no more mediocre than all the offensive linemen you protect. He's been your #1 whipping boy ever since Ward and Clayton got cut.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 20, 2011, 06:41:41 PM

You face it FRG - you have been ripping on every starting member of the offensive line as long as I can recall.  And you know what - the bucs have added backups and extended Penn - for a reasonable contract.  So - where does that leave your thoughts.

And I don't think nearly as much of Zuttah as many do - watched him at guard and now center.  And if you found my prior post to be denigrating - well check the definition of denigrating.  The worst spin you can put on the post is his other performance don't excel.  It was intended to be a light hearted comment.  Don't make something out the post that wasn't there.

As to Zuttah not preparing last offseason - anonymous?  Really - you wanted/require the coach's name?  You know that can't happen. 

Insofar as a whipping boy - I don't care for players who don't put in the effort.  You can see the consistency in players I have had an issue with - Ward, Clayton, and for one off-season Zuttah - didn't put out the effort. If you really have a problem with that ignore my posts.  It's okay.  I won't miss it. 

And if Zuttah does put in the work and does come out and play well - I will be delighted, and conclude he did it himself - since the coaches haven't been available for the players.  And if he snaps the ball all over hell's half acre and gets pushed around - well that will speak for itself. 

Now - I am not angry, nor even excited.  Let's let this go -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 20, 2011, 07:51:25 PM

Talent overrules coaching, coaching overrules talent. Both have been sub-par on the OL. Well, maybe not sub-par in some cases, but they do underachieve.

I blame them all for a lack of fire and work ethic. The OLine needs to be the biggest "S" talkers on the field, not quiet as a church mouse.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 20, 2011, 08:29:19 PM

Jebus....   this lockout needs to end now.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 20, 2011, 09:04:11 PM

There you go FRG - he is great at lifting weights.  I knew someone would find a place where he excels.
Never ceases to amaze me how some find apparent delight in denigrating Buccaneer players and coaches.  Just sayin'
LOL - that's my line about your talk about the Oline - and its' coaches.  Nice try though.  I'll make sure to remember the attempted theft.

Come on, dbuc, lighten up.  It was a funny quip, as was yours.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 20, 2011, 09:51:49 PM

It was Biggs - right up to the Face it...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 21, 2011, 12:25:40 AM

Have always said it was a suprise to me that Zoot was not as good as he could be.  Still isn;t.

His combine numbers were very very good.  He repped a lot of 225's.  He has been dissapointing as a player.  Given all his physical ability, he should be better.  But he isn't.  And for some reason, I doubt he will ever be if he is walking around with a **CENSORED**y attitude.  Or used to.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#23 : July 21, 2011, 01:05:51 AM

i played against Zuttah in high school and he couldn't block me..at 6'1" 195...that's what i weighted ...i doubt he got super strong just by going to my Alma Mater ...R U!...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 21, 2011, 07:30:17 AM

Wasn't Zuttah drafted to play the ZBS?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 21, 2011, 07:45:34 AM

Wasn't Zuttah drafted to play the ZBS?
Gruden was still coach so no.  only player really drafted for the ZBS was Xavier Fulton, who never played a snap for us.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 21, 2011, 11:19:14 AM

Take it for what it's worth...

Brandon's Dad? (as indicated by 'joe')

(From JBF)

"...
Jack Carter Says:

July 20th, 2011 at 4:41 pm
Wait till you see what brandon Carter has done in the off season. Bigger. Faster. Stonger. This will be a fun season to watch ther trenches..."

: July 21, 2011, 11:22:21 AM blind melon

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 21, 2011, 11:25:33 AM

DB, if it makes you feel any better I wouldn't give you a hard time if I didn't feel you were a worthy poster. I may dish out my share of criticism toward Bucs players, but I feel I do it at a proportional rate to a player's play on the field and expectations for how he should play. I don't play favorites based on whether I like a player or how he conducts himself.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zuttah Strongest Member of Offensive Line? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools