Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs in Madden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 21, 2011, 01:41:20 PM

Clayborn is a 78 OVR, Bowers is a 74 OVR, and Foster isnt in the top 10 LBs.

Note that INJ rating does not effect OVR in the case of Bower(personally appauled), and that Clay Mathews is the 5th best rookie LB according to Donny Moore who rates players.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 21, 2011, 01:41:30 PM

Clayborn will start at 78

Bowers will start at 74

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/rookie-ratings-defensive-linemen

Damn. Beat me to it Tat! lol

You got the link for the LB ratings? I haven't seen those. I'm assuming they have Aldon Smith and Ryan Kerrigan as LBs....cause they ain;t in top ten Defensive linemen!

: July 21, 2011, 01:48:43 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 21, 2011, 01:45:17 PM

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/rookie-ratings-linebackers

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 21, 2011, 01:54:57 PM

Wow. What a bunch of bull**CENSORED**! He never strays from draft order even when it's obviously stupid. Everyone just gets listed in the order they were drafted with their overall rating descending as they go. Exceptions are rare.....but he throws in Casey Matthews as the 5th best LB because his brother Clay is great? Stupid. Nate Irving and Mason Foster were both better prospects and drafted higher but they miss the list. Favoritism?

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 21, 2011, 02:04:46 PM

Can't believe Bowers is the tenth best rookie defensive linemen at 74. He was the consensus #1 pick a month out from the draft. Everyone is worried the knee will shorten his career to 3 or 4 years, but nobody expects it to effect his game right away. He should be the highest rated defensive linemen. Or at least tied with Darius at 82. Madden does it again!

Draft Aaron Donald

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#20 : July 21, 2011, 02:15:46 PM

LOL @ DaQuan being a 74 and Von Miller being a 79. I bet those end up being the two best defensive players in this draft and neither is over an 80. Marcell Dareus and Peterson are going to be VERY good as well, but Bowers should be about an 80 and Von Miller should be an 82 or so to start off the season.

britbuc14

Starter

#21 : July 21, 2011, 02:42:20 PM

i can't believe any of you are remotely surprised!

This is MADDEN we're talking about...Media Darlings rule supreme and the small market teams are ignored.

You can call Vegas now to put money on Freeman being rated lower than Glass Stafford and Dirty Sanchez, despite him being the better player by consensus.

And speed (SPD) the one stat that seems to matter? Forget it we'll have the slowest team in the league.

Donny only seems to select the stats that suit his version of the player ratings and completely ignores overs which show his Blatant Favoritism!

Using the Bucs is still going to be a challenge.

As for the Buccaneers Rating? Going from the ratings i'm going to say high 70's and we'll be grateful

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 21, 2011, 02:50:51 PM

It's annoying, but I always adjust the ratings as I see fit anyways and then start my franchise.

It just sucks when I feel like occasionally playing online and have to over come being a **CENSORED**ty team.

So Mason Foster is less than 67. They only ever bump a guy 1-3 points per update. Even if Foster starts from day one and is awesome, it will take him all year to get to 80. I won't be using him online.

Same goes for Bowers. It will take all year of playing very good to even get him to 82.....which is where he should have started.

Other than Bowres(74) and Clayborn(78) everyone of our draft picks is 66 or lower. Awesome!

Draft Aaron Donald

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 21, 2011, 02:51:10 PM

25 Minutes later I am still sitting here scratching my head that Mason Foster isn't even ranked in the top 10 rookie linebackers.

HitTheBlount

Second String

#24 : July 21, 2011, 03:37:50 PM

anybody that plays madden knows that unless your an elite team you get no love...ive been playing madden since 96 and i have a decent understanding of team ratings...trust me the bucks will be 78..79 or even 80 would be a gift...but i think 79 sounds like us...now once the updated rosters start to come then obviously we'll be much higher...hopefully this is the year i get to play with my squad again...havent been able to cuz the D sucks so much and they have no speed a D-back..but i think that would change this year...lol

thats crazy talk right there - im in the same boat as you i have also been playing madden since 96 and i have never even played with anyone else but the Buccaneers, the only time i have is when the superstar mode came out and i got drafted by another team that is it. it aint about the speed on D you just gotta know how to play to their strengths.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 21, 2011, 03:58:50 PM

Player since 96 as well....speed is huge. Without speed in Madden it is very hard to play defense. When you have slow DEs and slow DBs it equals QBs dropping back 20 yards and throwing 70yard TDs all day. Either that, or you play deep coverage all day to counter it and they run all over you. They gotten better, but speed still rules Madden. I still sign FA running backs rated 60 that have 99 speed and destroy the game on all madden franchise.

Draft Aaron Donald

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 22, 2011, 11:47:56 AM

Clayborn and Bowers are both in the top 10 OVR for defensive rookies. Bucs are only team with two in top 10. Clayborn 78 Bowers 74. All players in top 10 are DL.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 22, 2011, 02:24:38 PM

We are the only team to take DEs with our first two picks...so that kinda figures. I'm fine with Clayborn at 78, but Bowers should still be 80 to 82.

Draft Aaron Donald

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 22, 2011, 02:27:40 PM

no 3rd round LB is rated as high as Matthews......only a couple 2nd rouders are rated as high......apparently having a family member in the NFL increases your OVR. Winslow should be a 99 in that case.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 22, 2011, 02:29:11 PM

Yeah, the fact that Foster and Stocker are both starting lower than 67 is very disappointing.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs in Madden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools