Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Media mind games. No deal yet!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

buchead

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 21, 2011, 09:04:59 PM

What are you talking about napkin? This isnt a handshake deal. Watch espn. Adam just said as of 5 minutes ago the players still dont have an actual proposal to agree to. The full document the owners agreed upon is basically a book of paper work that the player stiil havent seen. 

buchead

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 21, 2011, 09:06:56 PM

Dude watch espn. It sounds hard to believe but tom jackson just described it as surreal.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 21, 2011, 09:07:18 PM

Things continue to muddy up:

AlbertBreer Albert Breer
Dominique = As influential a guy as there is in the NFLPA. RT @TorreySmithWR: Just got off the phone with @Foxworth24....IM HYPEDDDD!!!!!!

So apparently some of the players know what the heck is going on. I suspect you've got the hardliners/Kessler trying to screw this deal at the last hour.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 21, 2011, 09:08:55 PM

Yea espn has also posted several tweets from players saying just the opposite

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#19 : July 21, 2011, 09:12:52 PM

Schefter is saying the players haven't received this agreement and Mort is saying that the players are claiming the owners have snuck in things they didn't agree to. Which is it?

This deal is mostly done and the owners are trying to close the deal. The players are in no hurry to get back since they get nothing from preseason and are trying to make the owners look bad now. Both sides want to make each other look bad instead of working together to get this done.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 21, 2011, 09:17:18 PM

Yea its looking bad.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 21, 2011, 09:18:44 PM

Schefter is saying the players haven't received this agreement and Mort is saying that the players are claiming the owners have snuck in things they didn't agree to. Which is it?

This deal is mostly done and the owners are trying to close the deal. The players are in no hurry to get back since they get nothing from preseason and are trying to make the owners look bad now. Both sides want to make each other look bad instead of working together to get this done.

If the players didn't get anything from preseason games then why would they play them?

buchead

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 21, 2011, 09:20:03 PM

Heath evans just said they arent going to sign it! Told you! He said the owners did indeed agree to things that they havent even discussed.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 21, 2011, 09:22:54 PM

There are still unsettled matters. The owners signed off on an incomplete deal. The players are like wtf? That's how I see it.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#24 : July 21, 2011, 09:23:35 PM

If the players didn't get anything from preseason games then why would they play them?

Preseason is played as a warmup and as a chance for the other guys to shine obviously. But the top players hate it since they don't get paid like a eregular season game and really don't play much anyways. I wouldn't be shocked if the NFLPA wanted to cancel a preseason game or two.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#25 : July 21, 2011, 09:25:54 PM

Heath evans just said they arent going to sign it! Told you! He said the owners did indeed agree to things that they havent even discussed.

So let me get this straight....the players are claiming they haven't seen this agreement but are also claiming that the owners are sneaking in things they haven't agreed upon? How can they know that without seeing the agreement?

I'm telling you, the owners want this settled now and the players want to drag it out a little longer. But now they are taking a huge PR hit and ar trying to pin it on the owners forcing them into this so they don't look as bad.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 21, 2011, 09:28:05 PM

Your clueless dude. They were still negotiating things and the owners just went with a work in progress deal and signed it, then acted like everything was done and we are ready to play ball. There are things in the deal that the players never agreed to. WTH do you expect them to do? How would you react?

buchead

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 21, 2011, 09:33:04 PM

Lol jdouble im glad somebody understands. The reason why i created this thread to temper expectations. the owners planned on fans reacting negatively and putting pressure on the players. Basically goodell just tried to play us all. He had me so happy watching that press conference. **CENSORED**!

buchead

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 21, 2011, 09:36:08 PM

And as far as the players knowing the owners snuck things in without them even seeing it is because at the press conference roger goodell spoke of the supplemental sharing wich hadnt even been discussed.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 21, 2011, 09:38:01 PM

Lol jdouble im glad somebody understands. The reason why i created this thread to temper expectations. the owners planned on fans reacting negatively and putting pressure on the players. Basically goodell just tried to play us all. He had me so happy watching that press conference. **CENSORED**!

All the reports are that Goodell and Smith had a call and outlined exactly what was being agreed upon and what would even be said in the press conference. One suspects that the PA didn't do a good job of informing their players or some hardliners don't want to do a deal. Either way there's nothing sneaky here. It sounds like what happened more than anything is that Smith assured Goodell he could seal the deal and he really couldn't.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Media mind games. No deal yet!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools