Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Media mind games. No deal yet!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 21, 2011, 09:38:39 PM

And as far as the players knowing the owners snuck things in without them even seeing it is because at the press conference roger goodell spoke of the supplemental sharing wich hadnt even been discussed.

That's not their issue. Never has been. That is an issue of revenue sharing among the owners and has zippo to do with the players.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#31 : July 21, 2011, 09:40:09 PM

Your clueless dude. They were still negotiating things and the owners just went with a work in progress deal and signed it, then acted like everything was done and we are ready to play ball. There are things in the deal that the players never agreed to. WTH do you expect them to do? How would you react?

Almost everythng has been agreed to by both sides, with small things left to be settled. In this deal the owners set up a three day period to negioate any more changes to fix those issues. Both sides are using us as puppets to get what they want. The owners want fans to be pissed at the players and the players want us to think the owners are forcing a deal they don't want on them. This deal is all but done, this is more posturing to get what they want by both sides. It is sad that people even take sides in all of this, both sides are being shady right now and the people getting the shaft is US.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 21, 2011, 09:42:04 PM

And maybe it's just a poor job of Smith selling it and explaining it. Maybe it's an honest misunderstanding that will be worked out....but to think the players are trying to be greedy and make a power play right now is absurd. Everyone wants to get this done, but the players know the NFL is much better than they are at this sort of thing and they want to make sure they don't get pressured into a deal that screws them for the next 10 years. The owners having that press conference was definitely not a bright move.

Give it 24hrs for the players to calm down and get a better idea of all the info in the deal and see what happens. I'll tell you one thing. This should be voted on by 2 representatives from each team. Having all 1600 players voting is a horrible idea by Smith. Half the league is made up of kids and idiots. Should have kept it simple with one or two guys from each selected to represent the whole.
: July 21, 2011, 09:43:49 PM JDouble

buchead

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 21, 2011, 09:42:19 PM

Lol you are wrong again my friend. Revenue sharing does affect players. Basically what revenue sharing is, is a way to keep teams in small markets a float if they are not making money. The part that concerns the players is how much that money will be spent on players.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 21, 2011, 09:45:49 PM

Lol you are wrong again my friend. Revenue sharing does affect players. Basically what revenue sharing is, is a way to keep teams in small markets a float if they are not making money. The part that concerns the players is how much that money will be spent on players.

NFL makes X dollars.
Players and Owners Negotiate Players get Y% * $X = $Z cap
The way the owners slice up X among themselves doesn't matter. If There are $100 and Dallas has $99 dollars and all the other teams split $1 how much do the players get? Answer the same amount as if the owners divided $100 into 32 equal shares.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 21, 2011, 09:46:18 PM

Yea over all it seems to be a pretty good deal. And im not taking sides. I just think roger goodell is a pompus arrogant son of a gun who put fans hopes at steak as a negotiation ploy. I also hate how he used the victims of the tornados as a moment of silence at the draft so fans would stop booing him. Hes a snake!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 21, 2011, 09:51:42 PM

Just dropped a bombshell on NFL network.....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 21, 2011, 09:55:34 PM

It's illegal for an employer to force it's employees to become a union. The NFL made it a stipulation of this deal that the players become a union and even said it had to happen by a certain date. They broke the law.

More importantly, I think, the deal says that all the non financial rules and regulation that haven't been agreed upon (like Goodell's authority, workers comp, drug testing, ect.) will be negotiated after the players re-certify. They have three days to come to an agreement. If no agreement is reached in those three days, all regulations and rules would revert to the old CBA.

Tell me that isn't some sneeky **CENSORED**?

Clearly the players have every right to say **CENSORED** YOU!!!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#38 : July 21, 2011, 09:56:11 PM

Some of you guys are just plain desperate.

Just because the owners agreed to an offer doesn't mean the players have to agree to it.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 21, 2011, 09:56:41 PM

Don't forget that ownership is more directly involved on a day to day basis. Obviously there are heck of a lot more players than there are owners, so keeping the players up to speed is more difficult than how swiftly ownership can move on an issue like this. Ownership is moving to expedite a final agreement. Applying some pressure, which is a good thing from a fans point of view. Holding each others feet to the fire and settle this bad-boy.

Once the rank and file of players digest this thing the rest will fall in place.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 21, 2011, 09:56:50 PM

Yea over all it seems to be a pretty good deal. And im not taking sides. I just think roger goodell is a pompus arrogant son of a gun who put fans hopes at steak as a negotiation ploy. I also hate how he used the victims of the tornados as a moment of silence at the draft so fans would stop booing him. Hes a snake!

What seems to be the problem is that the owners want the players to reform the union and the union wants to keep dinking around for some reason. I don't see what the issue is, there can't be a CBA until the union reforms so what the problem is with reforming is baffling other than it keeps open more time to make more and more last minutes demands.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 21, 2011, 09:58:15 PM

Very sneaky jdouble!!! I think roger goodell will receive alot of backlash once all this comes to the light. Demaurice smith has threatened legal action to the point about owners trying to coherce players into forming a union.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 21, 2011, 10:01:00 PM

It's illegal for an employer to force it's employees to become a union. The NFL made it a stipulation of this deal that the players become a union and even said it had to happen by a certain date. They broke the law.

So how exactly do you get a CBA w/o stipulating that there is a party to cut a deal with? God you and buchead are flippin' morons.

If this was just a powerplay why did they delay everything while Goodell and Smith were on the phone? If phony was all this was then just vote and go home early.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 21, 2011, 10:02:04 PM

Hey skip bayless is going to let the commish have it on fisrt take tommorrow morning.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 21, 2011, 10:03:50 PM

They can always just vote no.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Media mind games. No deal yet!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools