Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ahmad Bradshaw could be a productive complement for LeGarrette Blount. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 24, 2011, 04:54:08 PM

Bradhshaw is awesome, he's one of my favorite. He's not going to want to play here though. He's probably going to want to be more of the main guy and he deserves that. Over here, Bradshaw would have to be Blount's sidekick. It would be great for us if Bradshaw becomes sidekick but I don't expect that to happen.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 24, 2011, 05:01:10 PM

Pay the extra million and get Deangelo Wlliams.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 24, 2011, 05:04:14 PM

Bradhshaw is awesome, he's one of my favorite. He's not going to want to play here though. He's probably going to want to be more of the main guy and he deserves that. Over here, Bradshaw would have to be Blount's sidekick. It would be great for us if Bradshaw becomes sidekick but I don't expect that to happen.
He isn't going to get a gig as the "main man" anywhere.  He would be better served to either stay in Giant land, or to come to a team where he would be doing what he has done for years...which is compliment another, bruising type runner.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 24, 2011, 05:09:45 PM

And for all this talk of homerun threats, he is about as close to that as you get.  Although Graham and Blount can reel off big runs as well, despite their "lack of speed".

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 24, 2011, 06:12:01 PM

last year he started becoming the main man for the giants. He had a breakout season last year and it was more like Jacobs was complimenting him. He won the starting role from Jacobs so I don't see why it's not possible for him to be the main man anywhere. Did you forget about the 2010 season already, or did you just not catch any giants games or recaps?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 24, 2011, 06:15:19 PM

Just about every team uses two backs evenly now, so it isn't even a valid argument whether he is the #1 or #2......but for arguments sake, Jacobs was his compliment last year.

Bradshaw had 276 carries for 1235 yards and 8 TDs. Also had 47 receptions for 314 yards.

Jacobs had 146 carries for 823 yards and 9 TDs. 7 receptions for 59 yards.

It was Ahmad Bradshaw's show last year. Jacobs was a short yardage guy only.
: July 24, 2011, 06:18:31 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 24, 2011, 06:48:35 PM

I would be in favor of the move, that is, if he didn't want a zillion dollars.  If not roll with Caddy one more year.  I think Earnest might be the odd man out this season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 24, 2011, 07:22:46 PM

Just about every team uses two backs evenly now, so it isn't even a valid argument whether he is the #1 or #2......but for arguments sake, Jacobs was his compliment last year.

Bradshaw had 276 carries for 1235 yards and 8 TDs. Also had 47 receptions for 314 yards.

Jacobs had 146 carries for 823 yards and 9 TDs. 7 receptions for 59 yards.

It was Ahmad Bradshaw's show last year. Jacobs was a short yardage guy only.

Yea a lot teams use two backs but I wouldn't say evenly, and that doesn't mean Bradshaw wouldn't care who is on the team. If he was here on the Buc's would you not say that Blount is still the main RB? It is still a valid argument on whether he is the #1 or #2. He might want to go to a team where he is the best RB and he isn't better than Blount.

AP, Chris Johnson, Arian Foster, Frank Gore, Maurice Jones-Drew, Peyton Hillis, Ray Rice, Steven Jackson, Rashard Mendenhall, and Michael Turner are all RBs who definitley did not share there time evenly with another RB so I'm not sure what teams you were thinking of because those are pretty much the best rushing backs/teams. The best rushing attack that shared the ball pretty evenly was KC but even that will most likely change next year and Charles will get more carries.

I'd agree with you in that I think most teams should have more of a shared running attack if that is what you think, but it's up to the FA and what he wants. I think a 60%(Blount) 40%(Bradshaw) split would be great. Any less than 60% for Blount would make me unhappy. If we keep what we have than I'd perfer something like 65%(Blount) 25%(Bradford) 10%(Caddie)

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 24, 2011, 07:34:12 PM

Actually I think some teams like Dallas and Seattle were hurt by not establishing a RB as the "main guy."  Dallas should name Felix Jones as their main and Seattle should now use Lynch. While I think 2 good RBs who share time is beneficial, I don't think there should be an even split. Someone who has earned it should be the #1, in my opinion, and splitting carries somewhat how I posted above is what I personally think is best.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 24, 2011, 08:22:49 PM

Actually I think some teams like Dallas and Seattle were hurt by not establishing a RB as the "main guy."  Dallas should name Felix Jones as their main and Seattle should now use Lynch. While I think 2 good RBs who share time is beneficial, I don't think there should be an even split. Someone who has earned it should be the #1, in my opinion, and splitting carries somewhat how I posted above is what I personally think is best.

Just for arguments sake.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of a 1 or 2 RB offense?

A "Main" back has the advantage of getting a "feel" for the team he's playing against and momentum that is rarely established within a tandem of RB's. Although it helps gain momentum, the fact that their carries go up, helps the injury bug inch it's way onto an RB as the season rolls through.

Whereas 2 backs have the advantage of having versatility, health, and a collaboration between them that gives an advantage over one "Main" back's sole view. They HAVE to work together though. There is no if, ands, or buts about it. If one is on one side of the bench and the other is over on the other side with no communication whatsoever, it's a waste of time and won't work very well. Most of the time however, it's situational, but it can cause an offense to become unbalanced if not properly used.

Personally, I preffer a VERY one-back oriented system with emphasis on FB getting the ball on close yardage situations, but given the right circumstance (TWO great backs on same team), I would adjust that thinking quickly. Right now, TB doesn't have the ability to run a two-back effectively imo. Besides that, Blount is a workhorse and can take most of what is given to him. However, because of his reckless running style, I would obtain a reasonable backup just in case.

There is no way I would take the ball away from him by any means right now.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 24, 2011, 08:50:30 PM

I don't really buy into the idea that a back needs to warm up and find a groove or whatever. I think a good back is a good back. Blount for example was able to do very well last year getting 7-12 carries a game. I'd be happy with Blount and Bradford each getting 7-12 carries a game next year. If Bradford can't produce, then I don't think it's because he isn't getting enough carries to find a groove...but that is what people would say. I just think a back either has it or he doesn't. If he can't make anything happen with 10 carries....he probably isn't going to get better with 20.

The only time I would change the philosophy is if one back already has 10 carries but has a ridiculous YPC average. Guys do get hot and when they do it makes sense to keep giving them the rock. We tried this "hot hand" approach in 2009 and it failed miserably, but I think it was because our running backs sucked.
: July 24, 2011, 08:53:57 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 24, 2011, 09:49:32 PM

I am thinking,  who is the better option?    DeAngelo Williams or Ahmad Bradshaw?  And who would cost more?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 24, 2011, 10:41:11 PM

And for all this talk of homerun threats, he is about as close to that as you get.  Although Graham and Blount can reel off big runs as well, despite their "lack of speed".

Both Graham and Blount have shown its more about elusiveness and vision than speed..... unfortunately, Carnell has neither.

-------------------------------------------------------

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 25, 2011, 02:38:51 AM

Both Graham and Blount have shown its more about elusiveness and vision than speed..... unfortunately, Carnell has neither.

They have shown that elusivenes vision and power can be great, I wouldnt say they've shown its more about those than speed though. I could easily argue your statement with 2 words. Chris Johnson.

Blount was power+balance+speed all wrapped up in one 250lb man, now thats what the real deal is. and yes Blount has speed. Everyone talks about his hurdle during his great run against the cardinals but that was not the most impressive thing to me at all. Nobody talks about the fact that it looks like Blount is pulling away from every single player on the field right before someone dives at his heals and trips him up. take a look

That showed me that people still don't realize how good he is. Blount is way faster than people realize. We have a special player here

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 25, 2011, 02:42:20 AM

Another thing I think is very interesting is he apparently is not even out of breath after than run. With doing all that work you would think a guy of his size would need to catch some breath but he to looks like he's ramped up and ready to go full blast right away if he needed to.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ahmad Bradshaw could be a productive complement for LeGarrette Blount. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools