Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Clayton has Leading suitors: Houston, Tampa Bay for Nnamdi « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

HolyBuc

Starter
: July 24, 2011, 08:28:40 PM

Interesting that Clayton  has Houston and Tampa as leading suitors when Nnamdi has said he had little interest in playing for Houston.   Houston doesn't have the cap room.

Here is the story:  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6783433/nnamdi-asomugha-headlines-2011-free-agent-class

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 24, 2011, 08:32:31 PM

Where did Nnamdi say that? From my understanding, him and AJ are great friends and talk to each other weekly.

Also, Clayton has been pimping the Bucs from the start (more than others), me thinks he's a mouthpiece for Nnamdi's agent trying to drive up the price. Not that it's necessary since we're a natural link, but you never know.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 24, 2011, 08:37:20 PM

Its all just speculation since LEGALLY, teams can't even discuss Nnamdi to the media.

Nnamdi can talk about where he'd like to go, but I haven't heard anything about how he would feel about TB.  I'm sure he'd rather play with a contender, only problem, none of those teams really have cash right now unless they purge some guys.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 24, 2011, 10:41:57 PM

Why would a Cover 2 team pay that much money to a 30 year old CB?

Not gonna happen.  He's going to the Jets.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 24, 2011, 10:52:14 PM

Nonsense.

C'mon Dom, make it happen!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : July 24, 2011, 10:54:10 PM

Every player wants to play for the Jets.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 24, 2011, 10:58:42 PM

Every player wants to play for the Jets.

This is the hungriest troll I have ever seen in my life

RonDiazlol

Starter

#7 : July 24, 2011, 11:01:09 PM

Every diva wants to play for the Jets.
Fixed.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 24, 2011, 11:18:12 PM

Except that the Jets are 1.2 million over the cap, assuming the cap will be 120 million(has this been confirmed yet?)

Bucfan2thedeath

Second String

#9 : July 25, 2011, 12:41:00 AM

I feel like some people don't get the concept:  we are no longer a "cover 2" defense.  Anyone who watched Raheem's playcalling last year would know that.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#10 : July 25, 2011, 01:28:56 AM

I feel like some people don't get the concept:  we are no longer a "cover 2" defense.  Anyone who watched Raheem's playcalling last year would know that.
I bet if Raheem can generate a pass rush with his front 4 this year with Bowers, Clayborn, and McCoy you see a lot more Cover 2 than you did last year.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 25, 2011, 01:32:32 AM

I'm not gonna be upset if we get him. He is a great player and a great guy. I just don't see it happening and I don't think it's a good fit. Upgrading a few guys on the O-line is a much better use of salary space imo.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 25, 2011, 08:58:27 AM

For the link lazy...

and TB isn't mentioned anywhere else...   (oh - and FWIW - I think Clayton is a tool.)

1. Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, Oakland Raiders: Julius Peppers topped last year's market because of his ability to sack the quarterback. Asomugha, 30, the headliner of this free-agent class, closes off his side of the field to quarterbacks. Over the past three seasons, only 52 passes were completed against him. Like Charles Woodson, who left the Raiders to join the Packers, Asomugha has the type of body that could allow him to play until his mid-30s.

Leading suitors: Houston, Tampa Bay. Dark horses: Baltimore, San Francisco

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 25, 2011, 09:13:18 AM

did you watch from the tv broadcasts or from the stadium?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#14 : July 25, 2011, 10:03:33 AM

Its a hybrid cover 2 scheme. With that said I dont think Raheem would be scared of putting Nnamdi on an island, and working around that.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Clayton has Leading suitors: Houston, Tampa Bay for Nnamdi « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools