Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Clayton has Leading suitors: Houston, Tampa Bay for Nnamdi « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 25, 2011, 10:10:23 AM

Morris seems to be much more flexible than Monte ever was.  I wouldn't rule anything out with him calling the D.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 25, 2011, 10:14:36 AM

Why would a Cover 2 team pay that much money to a 30 year old CB?

Not gonna happen.  He's going to the Jets.

Every diva wants to play for the Jets.
Fixed.

Nothing like being a toe-sucking HC to get the players on your side.... ::)

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#17 : July 25, 2011, 10:17:16 AM

Tampa is going to be linked because they have to spend money and because of Talib's uncertainty, realistically the chances are slim, but when writers really don't have a clue, they often go to the people with the money for big free agents.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 25, 2011, 12:35:56 PM

I feel like some people don't get the concept:  we are no longer a "cover 2" defense.  Anyone who watched Raheem's playcalling last year would know that.

did you watch from the tv broadcasts or from the stadium?

What does that have to do with anything?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 25, 2011, 03:02:55 PM

when watching tv, its usually very difficult to really see what kind of defense a team is running.  tv angles usually focus on the ball and dont give a full view.   on the other hand, at the stadium its usually pretty difficult to see what the defense is doing and keep an eye on the ball.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 25, 2011, 03:12:13 PM

when watching tv, its usually very difficult to really see what kind of defense a team is running.  tv angles usually focus on the ball and dont give a full view.   on the other hand, at the stadium its usually pretty difficult to see what the defense is doing and keep an eye on the ball.

I don't think it's that hard to tell when a team is running the T2 on TV.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 25, 2011, 03:24:55 PM

no?  then how often did we run the T2?  how often did talib play man on the other teams #1?  or did he just play man on 1 side of the field?  when he was playing man, what type of D were the other guys in? 

i just hear many many conflicting reports on these questions.  just searching for solid answers.   another easy one to clean up would be...did asomugha take away the opponents #1, or did he just take away a receiver on a certain side of the field?

traew01

Pro Bowler

#22 : July 25, 2011, 03:28:03 PM

If you have Talib on one side and Nnamdi on the other - you suddenly open your defense up to all sorts of schemes - especially blitz schemes.

So now, not only should we get a better push and pass rush from our new D Lineman, but we should be able to blitz more effectively.

My own feeling - it is so incredibly rare that a guy like Nnamdi comes on the open market - a guy not only with incredible press skills but also a guy of the highest character - that you have to try to grab a guy like that.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 25, 2011, 03:39:00 PM

If you can Blitz Blitz Blitz and tell your young guys on the Dline if you want a sack then you need to get to the QB first it will raise the level and expectation amongst this new and young d line for years to come

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 25, 2011, 03:53:03 PM

no?  then how often did we run the T2?

Just going by the last game of the year, they were only in a tradition 4-3-4 thirty-three times out 71 defensive snaps.  That alone should give you some indication of how much Morris is changing things.

how often did talib play man on the other teams #1?  or did he just play man on 1 side of the field?

When they are the only two CB's on the field, Talib and Barber both mainly stay on one side of the field - Talib on the left and Ronde on the right.

when he was playing man, what type of D were the other guys in? 

Morris changes it - a lot.  Which illuminates the point that the Buc's don't run the T2 like they did when Monte was here.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#25 : July 25, 2011, 03:54:22 PM

Tampa is going to be linked because they have to spend money and because of Talib's uncertainty, realistically the chances are slim, but when writers really don't have a clue, they often go to the people with the money for big free agents.

Exactly. Clayton hasn't been right about much the last couple of years (especially about the Bucs). Too many guys throw out there "opinions" taking the easy route instead of actual knowledge or facts.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 25, 2011, 03:57:13 PM

Who's John Clayton?
Now, if Michael Clayton had said this....   :)
Thank goodness, football is back!!!

Turn the page.

britbuc14

Starter

#27 : July 25, 2011, 03:59:12 PM

in theory Talib on one side and Aso on the other would make QB's hesitate for a second, that second would allow the O line to be overwhelmed and create coverage sacks.

having Aso/Talib would render the Draft of Atlanta impotent, New Orleans would have to contend with more blitzing from a front 7, this would mean we have a much better defence as QB's would have to worry about who they were passing to and when the ball is thrown and RB's would be scared of being stuffed in the backfield. It's amazing what a single second can do for a defence.

Also Aso can mentor and help bring along our young CB's so when he's on the decline others are ready to step up and keep this defence great for a long time.

ps he can also step in as a true #1 CB if we lose Talib for any period of time

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 25, 2011, 06:09:49 PM

1Just going by the last game of the year, they were only in a tradition 4-3-4 thirty-three times out 71 defensive snaps.  That alone should give you some indication of how much Morris is changing things.

2When they are the only two CB's on the field, Talib and Barber both mainly stay on one side of the field - Talib on the left and Ronde on the right.

3Morris changes it - a lot.  Which illuminates the point that the Buc's don't run the T2 like they did when Monte was here.

1 - or does it just indicate that we couldnt get it done with our front 4?  or does it indicate that the other team lined 3 wide?  not sure that really indicates anything.

2 - again, how often do we only have 2 CB's on the field?  ive read plenty here that morris often used talib to man up the other teams best receiver...does jive with your analysis?

3 - i think my point is there arent many on here that really know what we really do on defense.  i know i dont.  and there are even less that know what morris wants to do on defense.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#29 : July 25, 2011, 06:17:22 PM

I just heard from somebody that the Texans have had a deal under the table with Nnamdi for the past 3 weeks. Would make sense with how ESPN brings up the Jets vs Texans game every chance they get when that's not even the first preseason game on ESPN.....that along with one guy on 1st and 10 having the Texans 4th in his power rankings and Jon Ritchie coming on to the show and having the Texans in the Super Bowl. Pretty sure they don't think JJ Watt and Brooks Reed bring them from 6-10 to Super Bowl.....
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Clayton has Leading suitors: Houston, Tampa Bay for Nnamdi « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools