Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Signing of undrafted players underway.... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 30 31 32

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#465 : July 26, 2011, 07:03:59 PM

Meh. I woulda liked to see him in camp, but we got Jock Sanders and they are almost the same player. Being as small as they both are....Jock probably has a better chance of succeeding at WR than Devine does at RB. We'll see.

Tresoor Baptiste signed with the Bears. Now that I am sad about.

Only guy left that I even care about is Mike Gee. A small school LB that I think is very good.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#466 : July 26, 2011, 07:06:01 PM

Shady McCoy has the rookie RB from Pitt (Dion Lewis) as his potential back up. Devine will be battling for PR and 3rd spot at RB, IMO.

Forgot they drafted him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#467 : July 26, 2011, 07:07:06 PM

Deunta Williams and Mike Gee are the only two guys left that would get me excited...but from what I hear, Deunta is still rehabbing and not ready to sign with a team, so really just Mike Gee at this point. It's a long shot. Can't believe out of 30 guys we didn't sign a single one. At least we tried for Herzlich.

1. DB Deunta Williams
2. LB Mike Gee
3. DE Christian Anthony
4. DE Jake Coffman
5. DE Steven Friday
6. DT/LS Blaine Sumner

Out of all the guys I had listed I thought Kamar Aiken was a sure thing. The kid looked real promising and he lives central Florida and went to school at UCF.....ended up going to Buffalo of all places.
: July 26, 2011, 07:10:09 PM JDouble

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#468 : July 26, 2011, 07:56:06 PM

JDub, you heard anything about this Ryan Bartholomew guy from Syracuse? Co-Captain with Derrell Smith and he was allegedly given a low draft grade? Any scoop on him?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#469 : July 26, 2011, 08:36:55 PM

Don't know the name.

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#470 : July 26, 2011, 08:43:37 PM

Don't know the name.

Bartholomew leaves Syracuse as one of the strongest players in college football. He had to wait his turn before getting onto the field, redshirting in 2006 and playing in just two games in 2007.

He took advantage of his opportunities since, starting 35 of 37 games at left guard or in the pivot and only missing two in 2008 due to injury. The 2009 second-team All-Big East selection didn't make all-conference teams in 2010, but his blocking had a lot to do with RB Delone Carter's success on the ground. Bartholomew also realized the dream of every offensive lineman, scoring a touchdown by falling on a fumble.

He comes up short in terms of height and bulk for some NFL offensive line coaches, but his strength and exceptional mobility give him a chance to be a late-round pick who can make it at the next level.

Analysis
Strengths: Solid pivot player. Reliable on short and shotgun snaps, has long arms for the center position and maintains distance from opponents. Quick feet to slide laterally in pass protection. Capable of driving back bigger defensive tackles, getting under their pads and churning legs. Fires from his stance to reach linebackers quickly. Moves out ahead of screens and gets into position for the correct blocking angle. Keeps his head on a swivel. Team captain who is well-liked by players and coaches. Intelligent player who is adept making line calls.

Weaknesses: Average flexibility, needs to keep his feet moving to sustain against NFL-caliber defensive linemen. Too often stops moving after initial contact. Needs work on his reach blocks and must work on keeping his head up and sustaining while driving off the ball; allows defenders to slide off of blocks. Needs to come off of down block more quickly to combo to linebacker. Inconsistent hitting the "Mike" linebacker and targets in space when blocking in front of screens.

Bartholomew is a raw, developmental prospect with good size and athleticism. However, he still has too many holes in his game to be considered a future starter. Displays quick feet and hands in pass protection but is vulnerable against double moves and needs to play low with more consistency. Gets off the ball well while run blocking but struggles to take proper angles and connect with targets out in space. Overall awareness is adequate. Voted team captain as a senior and has good character off the field but would like to see more fire on it. Bartholomew is a seventh-rounder or rookie free agent.

Syracuse center Ryan Bartholomew was the leader, with 34 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.

A three-year starter and team captain at Syracuse, Bartholomew is viewed as a likely late-round pick or undrafted free agent, but his bench press performance might open a few eyes. If nothing else, being the strongest offensive lineman at the Combine suggests that Bartholomew (pictured holding 193-pound teammate Alec Lemon) takes his strength and conditioning work seriously.

Most I could gather but I think the guy has potential.

Page: 1 ... 30 31 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Signing of undrafted players underway.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools