Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow... Detroit is so bad they have to pay people to live there « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: July 26, 2011, 01:49:01 AM

A new program pays employees of 5 Detroit companies to move and live in downtown Detroit.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/07/25/program-offers-cash-incentives-to-live-downtown/

But if you accept the offer, you might want to demand they set you up with a few AK-47s with plenty of ammo....

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 26, 2011, 08:11:39 AM

"And I think were going to see growing interest in living in Detroit, he said."

If you had growing interest you wouldn't be paying people to live downtown.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 26, 2011, 11:58:59 AM

a little late.

North American Bancard got a 105000 sq. ft. $25 million office building for its HQ at half price in 2009 in Troy, Mi. The city of Detroit wouldn't give them approval for the site they wanted, too much red tape and requirements (City wanted a Guarantee that a certain percentage of employees AND Execs were minorities) so 10,000+ jobs (good paying jobs at that) went 28 miles away.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : July 26, 2011, 06:51:33 PM

Galt, if that is true, that's pathetic.   USA is the only country in the world that ignorant.   Other countries move ahead while we have crap like that going on.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 27, 2011, 12:24:36 PM

I just saw a great documentary on Detroit and the effects of LBJ's Model Cities Program. I believe it was called, "Life After Humans".

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 27, 2011, 12:50:29 PM

Hiroshima Aug. 1945

Hiroshima Now

Detroit Now

So maybe the way to fix Detroit is

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 27, 2011, 01:01:20 PM

I'm not sure what the bigger controversary would be JG, the fact that a nuke was dropped on Detroit or that a bomb called "Little Boy" was dropped by a plane called "Enola Gay".

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#7 : July 28, 2011, 10:53:40 AM

On tour a couple years back we had 5 days off in Detroit.  Stayed at the Ramada downtown in the middle of the winter.  It was a nightmare.  It's got to be the worst major city in America.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow... Detroit is so bad they have to pay people to live there « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools