Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bush to Tampa? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 26, 2011, 03:01:47 PM

Bush for third downs = Hell yeah!
Plus he brings return ability and just straight up playmaking ability to the team. I could definitely see it happening. Piss off the Saints too.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

jbear

Pro Bowler

#16 : July 26, 2011, 03:04:21 PM

Why do people put "X to Tampa?" when there is absolutely no definitive evidence saying he will come here? It is just a bunch of idiots over at ESPN throwing crap at a wall and hoping it sticks. Also,Who says Tampa even wants him? Reggie Bush...or Deangelo Williams....who would be better? Deangelo Williams would be my choice.

Deangelo is probably the premier free agent at RB and I'd want him over Bush sure... Price is key.  I like Bush because he's an upgrade as a 3rd down option but if a bidding war ensues we should fold. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 26, 2011, 03:16:47 PM

Whoever said it would be "almnost like" Alstott and Dunn is dehydrated and smoking crack rocks laced with cat feces.  it would be NOTHING AT ALL like that.

If the Bucs sign Bush, it is only to add some "sex appeal" to the team.  Am I in favor of Reggie Bush?  Not really.  His value is very limited as a runner.  He would be signed only to help sell tickets, believe that.

I would rather the Bucs throw more money at Scrabble, and still be comfortable with their salary cap.  VERY comfortable.

Go get Scrabble Dom!!  Gotta sell what the team is doing!  Gotta show them how the BUcs won 10 games in a tough division, and how he would help propel them into the ELITE amongst teams.  He would do that, IMO. 

Tanard, Talib, Scrabble, Barber, Biggers, Grimm, Jones, and Raheem?  That is a beastly secondary!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 26, 2011, 03:19:18 PM

Yup, soon as I thought about Bush I thought about putting people in seats. He's still a hell of a pass catching threat in the slot and in the backfield. Line him up on a linebacker and its trouble.

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#19 : July 26, 2011, 03:20:16 PM

Whoever said it would be "almnost like" Alstott and Dunn is dehydrated and smoking crack rocks laced with cat feces.  it would be NOTHING AT ALL like that.

If the Bucs sign Bush, it is only to add some "sex appeal" to the team.  Am I in favor of Reggie Bush?  Not really.  His value is very limited as a runner.  He would be signed only to help sell tickets, believe that.

I would rather the Bucs throw more money at Scrabble, and still be comfortable with their salary cap.  VERY comfortable.

Go get Scrabble Dom!!  Gotta sell what the team is doing!  Gotta show them how the BUcs won 10 games in a tough division, and how he would help propel them into the ELITE amongst teams.  He would do that, IMO. 

Tanard, Talib, Scrabble, Barber, Biggers, Grimm, Jones, and Raheem?  That is a beastly secondary!

Forget about Sean Jones...Think of the future with Ahmad Black, Larry Asante,Anthony Gaitor,etc. etc.!

hsmith

Second String

#20 : July 26, 2011, 03:20:52 PM

Get it done. Perfect complement.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#21 : July 26, 2011, 03:24:34 PM

Brings speed to the offense, is a matchup problem for defenses, and can return punts. ALso brings a little star power to Tampa Bay... Sounds like a good fit, for the right price.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#22 : July 26, 2011, 03:27:12 PM

Cmon now Boid, I agree its not Dunn and Alstott, but its not as ridiculous as you make it out to be.

Bush is an extremely talented player, and when paired with Blunt, could be a great 1-2 punch.  Watch some film on the 'aints, and you'll see the respect Bush gets when he's on the field.  He's not a between the tackle runner (we have Legarrette for that), but in the passing game, he's as dangerous as anyone in the league out of the backfield.  He would also add a new dimension to Wefense, which we need to make up for after losing Bisaccia.  The guy is a bust of a Top 2 pick, but he's not without an extreme amount of talent.

I agree, if it came down to it, I would rather Aso over Bush, but I wouldn't be upset if we did add Reggie.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#23 : July 26, 2011, 03:29:33 PM

I don't want Sproles.  Way too small-- he made VERY little impact last season in SD.

Sproles had 25 more catches for 15 more first downs then Bush in 10.  Also averaged 2.7 more yards per catch and 1.1 more yards per carry.  Pretty much full time kr/pr duties for Sproles.  Limited pr duty for Bush and no krs.  Sproles the better in pass pro by a comfortable margin. 

Larry Brackins

Starter
#24 : July 26, 2011, 03:31:21 PM

Signed only to help sell tickets? Whaa? At worst Bush is a fantastic third down back, a punt renturner, and somebody to come in and give Blount a blow when needed. I won't argue he's not an every down back, but that's not what we need him for.

Getting Scrabble and Bush have literally nothing to do with each other. The Bucs could afford both, easily.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Larry Brackins

Starter
#25 : July 26, 2011, 03:35:28 PM

I don't want Sproles.  Way too small-- he made VERY little impact last season in SD.

Sproles had 25 more catches for 15 more first downs then Bush in 10.  Also averaged 2.7 more yards per catch and 1.1 more yards per carry.  Pretty much full time kr/pr duties for Sproles.  Limited pr duty for Bush and no krs.  Sproles the better in pass pro by a comfortable margin.
You do realize Bush missed what, two months with a broken leg, right? Sproles is nowhere near the route runner and pass catcher Reggie Bush is. Now that LT is old, Bush is hands down the best recieving running back in the league, and I'm not sure how much that can be questioned to be honest.

Career:
Bush: 60 games, 294 catches, 2,142 yards, 12 TDs
Sproles: 78 games, 146 catches, 1,400 yards, 11 TD

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 26, 2011, 03:43:25 PM

I don't necessary like Bush, but I do think he would work quite well here. I'd be down for it, and I think we could have an advantage by playing up the revenge factor as well. It will depend on the price though...just because we can afford to overpay everyone doesn't mean we should. I'd rather reserve the overpaying to top-notch players like Aso.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#27 : July 26, 2011, 03:52:24 PM

Say what you want about bush but like most people know when he's on the field the saints are a better team ..Period. he would add something to this offense that would make us THAT much better.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 26, 2011, 03:53:16 PM

All the sudden we'd be real Hollywood if we signed Reggie and Nnamdi. Maybe we can get a commercial they air every single commercial break like the Falcons and Saints?

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 26, 2011, 04:07:02 PM

At worst he's a better punt returner than what we have now.  At best, he's the lightning to Blount's thunder and we have a deadly 1-2 punch.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bush to Tampa? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools