Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bush to Tampa? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

ARich80

Second String

#30 : July 26, 2011, 04:57:19 PM

Yes, I'm gonna be that guy and put the cart in front of the horse... but IF Bush comes to Tampa, what number would he wear? Would he buy Talib's #25? Would he wait a season for Talib to go to jail and take #25 then? Or just break down and grab any old RB #?

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#31 : July 26, 2011, 05:39:07 PM

Bush would be more then a just a third down back..he can also play slot...thats why i say we should sign him...cuz we can kill two birds with 1 stone....speed at RB and WR

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 26, 2011, 05:42:59 PM

Bush would be more then a just a third down back..he can also play slot...thats why i say we should sign him...cuz we can kill two birds with 1 stone....speed at RB and WR

also an above average 3rd down back and playmaker returning punts.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#33 : July 26, 2011, 07:13:27 PM

I'm all for it. We definitely have the cap space to pull it off.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#34 : July 26, 2011, 09:01:40 PM

I don't want Sproles.  Way too small-- he made VERY little impact last season in SD.

Sproles had 25 more catches for 15 more first downs then Bush in 10.  Also averaged 2.7 more yards per catch and 1.1 more yards per carry.  Pretty much full time kr/pr duties for Sproles.  Limited pr duty for Bush and no krs.  Sproles the better in pass pro by a comfortable margin.
You do realize Bush missed what, two months with a broken leg, right? Sproles is nowhere near the route runner and pass catcher Reggie Bush is. Now that LT is old, Bush is hands down the best recieving running back in the league, and I'm not sure how much that can be questioned to be honest.

Career:
Bush: 60 games, 294 catches, 2,142 yards, 12 TDs
Sproles: 78 games, 146 catches, 1,400 yards, 11 TD

The quote I responded to was that Sproles had very little impact on his team in 10.  Obviously a false statement, since 40 of Sproles offensive touches last season resulted in 1st downs.  I compared his impact  to Bush, since this is a sign Bush thread.  We could post Brian Westbrook's carrer stats and suggest he  would be the best third down back also.  When I look at Reggie's career stats, I see a player in decline.   One who has caught fewer passes every season in the NFL.  A guy who was shifted into a lesser role on offense and still wasn't given significant returner duties (1 career kick return, 5.3 yards per punt return the last 2 seasons to Sproles 6.98).  You do bring up an excellent point though.  He was out 8 games last season.  In fact, the last (and only) season he appeared in all 16 games was his rookie year.  Over 5 years he's averaged 12 games per season.  Sproles has not missed a game in the last 3 years.  Despite missing an entire season he's averaged 13 games per year over 6 seasons. 

If Reggie is a better route runner then Sproles, it's only slightly so (and Darren would still be right up amongst the top backs in the league).  I watch a good amount of SD games and Sproles has equivalent, if not better, hands then Reggie.  Darren is clearly, by a wide margin, the better pass protector (Sproles is incredibly underrated here, mostly by people who haven't watched him play and assume based on his size). 

If you lined the two next to each other and said I could have either for the same price, I might take Bush (injuries and ego would concern me).  I certainly would never pay significantly more money for him, and that will definitely be the case.  I'm honestly a little pensive about paying Sproles what I think he will command.  Both are niche offensive players, and I have a hard time dedicating starter money for guys who will play ~ 1/3rd of the offensive snaps (at best).  Paying 7-8-9 mil per for a 3rd down back is insane imo (especially one who might return punts, but not kicks). 

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 26, 2011, 09:36:43 PM

I was thinking this earlier when the talking heads started saying chances are very high that Bush leaves NO. He'd be exactly what we need, and we wouldn't have to roll the dice with an UDFA to get it. He may command decent money, but it's gotta get spent somewhere. The more I think about it this would be pretty damned sweet.

Tommy

Starter

#36 : July 26, 2011, 10:04:48 PM

Bush is one of the best slot receivers in the NFL and decent 3DRB to complement Blunt, he would be a great addition to the team. He is a game changer that this team could use for the right price.

jfizzxb

Practice Squad

#37 : July 26, 2011, 10:07:48 PM

I dont think Bucs can show any interest until he is actually released from the Saints later this week.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 26, 2011, 10:48:43 PM

I'm hearing the Rams are interested in Reggie.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#39 : July 26, 2011, 10:54:20 PM

I don't care about Hollywood... Hell, I love the old Hollywood bucs D with Sapp, Lynch, Rice, Brooks, and Barber.  I just want Other NFC south fans to hate us.   Thats what makes being a fan worthwhile for me.  Seeing the Aints twice with Bush in a Bucs uni has potential heartbreak for the Saints written all over it.... should things fall the way I'd like them to.   :D

Treysome

Practice Squad

#40 : July 26, 2011, 11:04:18 PM

Two words....Thunder and LIGHTNING. I think you can figure out who will be who.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#41 : July 27, 2011, 09:18:01 PM

ESPN reporting the Saints will release Reggie Bush and named Tampa as a landing spot

would make sense...Bush gets to play the aints twice a year to prove to them how much they were morons to let him walk....I think it would work out fine

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#42 : July 27, 2011, 09:21:35 PM

Bush said he wants to play on grass.. take it for what its worth

Larry Brackins

Starter
#43 : July 27, 2011, 09:23:02 PM

Bush said he wants to play on grass.. take it for what its worth
Source?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

bucboi813

Starter

#44 : July 27, 2011, 11:06:06 PM

GIVE US REGGIE FOR 4 MILL A YEAR KICKOFF PUNT RETURNER MISS MATCH MONSTER  O AND A LIL OF THE NEW ORLEANS GUMBO THE CALL A PLAY BOOK HAS GOT TO BE WORTH IT LETS GO DOM

Live free or die trying
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bush to Tampa? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools