Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi Asomugha Update Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 57

Sim

Starter

#45 : July 26, 2011, 03:37:31 PM

This already has the makings of a massive letdown...Favre to Tampa style...

DaREAofRaRa

Second String

#46 : July 26, 2011, 03:38:12 PM

He's on Twitter and very friendly has a lot of good things to say about the direction were headed.
Thinks bush could be in play too

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#47 : July 26, 2011, 03:40:43 PM

I sure hope not

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 26, 2011, 03:43:05 PM

Here's the problem. If he really wants to go to the Jets, he'll go there for less because they are perceived as closer to a title than us.
Yes, no such perk with the sales tax. But you realize how much he'd make in endorsements if he helps the Jets win it all? He could virtually double his salary.
So we need to get this done quickly if he wants to come here. If the Jets get involved too seriously, we could be toast.

In Verner We Trust

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#49 : July 26, 2011, 03:43:32 PM

I sure hope not
We'll see what happens, I feel more confident about this then the Favre trade.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#50 : July 26, 2011, 03:44:38 PM

I think one thing to note is that, as of yet, I've seen CAR sign a safety I've never heard of and other than that nada so far. Expectatons are way too high for "things to be happening" already.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#51 : July 26, 2011, 03:45:40 PM

I sure hope not

or the 3 times Parcells was coming to coach here.

but I don't know.. if incarcerated Bob and the man on Twitter say its true  then it must be!!!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#52 : July 26, 2011, 03:45:57 PM

he say she say  put up the link or shut up nuff said

Here's the Link... Cell78 to the left... i think....

BigHouseBob  :P

champkind

Hall of Famer

#53 : July 26, 2011, 03:48:45 PM

Here's the problem. If he really wants to go to the Jets, he'll go there for less because they are perceived as closer to a title than us.
Yes, no such perk with the sales tax. But you realize how much he'd make in endorsements if he helps the Jets win it all? He could virtually double his salary.
So we need to get this done quickly if he wants to come here. If the Jets get involved too seriously, we could be toast.

It is not happening "quickly." Nobody can sign til friday, so it is simmering until then (that is assuming we are genuinely involved in serious negotiation with him, which I have not seen any reliable info yet.)

This assumes you invest yourself in the hype. I may get excited a little if I were to see anything besides a doofus on twitter or an unreferenced report by the same guy who reported with certainty that the Favre deal was done.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#54 : July 26, 2011, 03:49:00 PM

incarceratedbob incarcerated bob
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Four teams in the bidding for Nnamdi (Bucs / Eagles / Ravens / Jets) Right now Bucs & Jets going hard!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#55 : July 26, 2011, 03:50:46 PM

I think one thing to note is that, as of yet, I've seen CAR sign a safety I've never heard of and other than that nada so far. Expectatons are way too high for "things to be happening" already.

While this is true, time is of the essence because these guys need to get to their old/new teams, settle in and get to TC on time so they can learn their new systems. No time can be wasted really.

DaREAofRaRa

Second String

#56 : July 26, 2011, 03:51:31 PM

Just talked to him Buccs and jets are going hard
Says we want dude bad offer keeps increasing.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#57 : July 26, 2011, 03:52:02 PM

incarceratedbob incarcerated bob
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Four teams in the bidding for Nnamdi (Bucs / Eagles / Ravens / Jets) Right now Bucs & Jets going hard!

We are a lot closer than the Jets are to being a contender. Sanchez is average at best and signing Aso they won't have any wide receivers if there offense wasn't bad before they are bad now

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#58 : July 26, 2011, 03:52:13 PM

Im not getting my hopes up until hes actually signed to a team on friday.

Jets are currently near the cap with some big decisions to make. Its going to be tough for them to clear up enough money to even make a run at Aso.

No state taxes is a huge perk. On a 15mil salary, depending on the state, it would save him roughly $500,000+ a year. It would save him about $600,000 a year compared to NY.

You do realize Aso is already making money off of endorsements and would have more with any team if they win the SB.....anywhere, not just NY.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

DaREAofRaRa

Second String

#59 : July 26, 2011, 03:53:01 PM

**CENSORED** tba jets scrabble u know u want to play here lmao. Let's get re done dom
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 57
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi Asomugha Update Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools