Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi Asomugha Update Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#60 : July 26, 2011, 03:53:29 PM

Another completely unsubstantiated rumor out there other than Bucs Asomugha and Oakland Cromartie is that the Jets/Raiders are in talks about something.

Could be something, could be nothing. Today is the day of completely wild and rampant rumors. It's high school day in the NFL.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#61 : July 26, 2011, 03:55:29 PM

who the eff is this guy???

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#62 : July 26, 2011, 03:55:52 PM

Jets cap situation also makes me think this guy stating these rumors is bogus. They have about $6-7mil in space without any resignings.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#63 : July 26, 2011, 03:56:37 PM

who the eff is this guy???

He's JESUS if we get Aso.

Watchman

Starter

#64 : July 26, 2011, 03:58:07 PM

According to Stroud....that number is 14.625 mil a year. That is NOT going to cut it at all.

That is more than Revis got.  I looked up the details of Revis' deal last year and it is basically a 4 year deal worth $46 million, which equates to $11.5 million a year.  Four years at $14.626 million isn't a low ball offer.  If Asomugha wants $20 million a year I'll pass.  I'd rather sign o-linemen.

Interesting to see how the Jets would be able to have Revis and Asomugha.  I don't think Revis would like Asomugha making more than him.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#65 : July 26, 2011, 03:58:41 PM

So Dom is in a bidding war all while he's about to be in a live press conference at 4?? whata beast..

Sim

Starter

#66 : July 26, 2011, 03:59:59 PM

This assumes you invest yourself in the hype. I may get excited a little if I were to see anything besides a doofus on twitter or an unreferenced report by the same guy who reported with certainty that the Favre deal was done.

No football for 5 months + the possibility of signing arguably the top corner in the league + the possibility of coupling him with Talib....

I'll admit that the "doofus on twitter" is getting me excited....please forgive my lack of self control ::)
: July 26, 2011, 04:01:43 PM Sim

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#67 : July 26, 2011, 04:00:45 PM

I'm not gonna get my hopes up. Too many possibilities.....As for the Eagles, I don't see that as a realistic possibility. They won't spend enough to make it happen plus they might get DRC from Arizona. So I view it as Jets, Cowboys and us. If he wants to come here, the other two won't be able to compete with a properly frontloaded deal.

In Verner We Trust

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#68 : July 26, 2011, 04:03:57 PM

Jets and Cowboys dont have the cap to sign him to a deal anywhere near $15mil a year.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#69 : July 26, 2011, 04:04:25 PM

Just talked to him Buccs and jets are going hard
Says we want dude bad offer keeps increasing.

Okay sure, I'll play along. Ask this guy how the Jets are "going hard" when they're so close to the cap?

champkind

Hall of Famer

#70 : July 26, 2011, 04:12:25 PM

Just talked to him Buccs and jets are going hard
Says we want dude bad offer keeps increasing.

Okay sure, I'll play along. Ask this guy how the Jets are "going hard" when they're so close to the cap?

Are Dom and Tannenbaum calling this guy after every offer to keep him up to date, or are they all on a conference call? Either way, it sound like he must be having a blast so close the the action

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#71 : July 26, 2011, 04:21:34 PM

Dominick basically just shot down any and all Nnamdi rumors....

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#72 : July 26, 2011, 04:25:48 PM

Peter King wrote this a few days ago on how the Jets could make it happen...
[/i]
As Rich Cimini astutely pointed out the other day on his Jets blog, they could restructure Mark Sanchez and Darrelle Revis (due to count a total of $27.8 million against the cap this year), and they could take linebacker David Harris' franchise number of $10.4 million this year and lower it by converting it into the first year of a long-term contract. Remember, Santonio Holmes is a priority to sign, so assume that would take about $7 million this year. The Jets would probably have to cut two or three vets and not re-sign Antonio Cromartie to have any chance of getting into Asomugha's financial league -- even if it means Asomugha would take significantly less to go to New Jersey than, say, to Dallas or Houston.[/i]

Of course good luck getting Revis to give up money.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#73 : July 26, 2011, 04:28:47 PM

Dominick basically just shot down any and all Nnamdi rumors....

please state what he said that makes you think this. i didnt get this at all. Also, did you listen to the entire PC?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#74 : July 26, 2011, 04:37:18 PM

Did you think he was just going to come out and say we were pursuing him?
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi Asomugha Update Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools