Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quincy Black « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

bucyou

Rookie

#75 : August 21, 2012, 09:37:53 PM

quincy black sucks too! trade him for a draft pick

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#76 : August 21, 2012, 11:27:07 PM

I'm watching the game again on NFL Network right now. Watson looks good when he's rushing the QB, but takes bad angles on tackles and runs himself out of plays (in this game, I don't know if he does it in general).

At least some of the plays Watson is being singled out for came as a down lineman and not a SAM. I'm not sure he's any better than Black as a true SAM.

exactly, why do so many seem to think success at situational pass rushing = good linebacker? 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#77 : August 21, 2012, 11:42:10 PM

I don't think people necessarily think that Watson will be a good LB or even the long term answer....but ANYONE would do a better job than Q.B. @ SLB.

I think Watson is the top candidate for "so many" because he has at least shown that he has one facet of his game that he can be good at.....Quincy has and continues to show nothing. He hurts the team. Period.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#78 : August 22, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

I don't think people necessarily think that Watson will be a good LB or even the long term answer....but ANYONE would do a better job than Q.B. @ SLB.

I think Watson is the top candidate for "so many" because he has at least shown that he has one facet of his game that he can be good at.....Quincy has and continues to show nothing. He hurts the team. Period.

He's shown that if it's the last play of the game and Drew Brees throws the ball into the end-zone he's good at intercepting it.  ;D

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#79 : August 22, 2012, 07:25:45 AM

The way I see it, Foster and David are our 3 down linebackers. Our Sam won't even be on the field half the time. When he is on the field he'll probably be playing the run or blitzing rather than pass coverage. For this reason I'd much rather have Watson as our Sam than Black.

Draft Aaron Donald

JoshMcCrownUs

Second String
#80 : August 22, 2012, 05:25:06 PM

Brees threw that pick right at black to seal that game. To his credit he caught it, but the point his q black is not a playmaker by any stretch, and is at best a wash when it comes to pros and cons. We need playmakers ala David, lavonte

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#81 : August 22, 2012, 05:29:28 PM

The way I see it, Foster and David are our 3 down linebackers. Our Sam won't even be on the field half the time. When he is on the field he'll probably be playing the run or blitzing rather than pass coverage. For this reason I'd much rather have Watson as our Sam than Black.

Is Foster who struggled in coverage the guy? He has the radio so it makes sense - and I can't see David coming off the field in of all things a coverage scenario- but then we're gonna pay a 1.5 down linebacker $5m+ per?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#82 : August 22, 2012, 05:30:01 PM

Yep.

Draft Aaron Donald

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#83 : August 22, 2012, 05:32:52 PM

I can't see us paying QB for the season if he's not a 3 down player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#84 : August 22, 2012, 05:37:41 PM

It's guaranteed. He's getting paid even if he isn't on the roster, much less all three downs.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quincy Black « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools