Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black resigned « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 27, 2011, 04:52:52 PM

Maybe so but the guy has IMO barely played at an NFL average level. It is hard to imagine him garnering much interest but I could be wrong.

Chargers, Bears, and Lions were interested in Quincy Black

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 27, 2011, 04:53:58 PM

Cato June is a recent deal? lol

Not a lot of "big" SOLB deals in last few years.

You can dig deeper if you would like.

I'm real happy to have Quincy Black back on board

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 27, 2011, 04:56:12 PM

Unlike Ruud, Black isn't soft. His only knock is that he isn't a very good pass rusher. He's very good at stopping the run, great tackler, very good in coverage, strong as an ox and consistent. You put Ruud behind a better D-line with better LBs next to him....he is still a rag doll that runs away from contact. You put Black behind a better line and next to better LBs and he has the potential to really shine.

I don't care what anybody has to say, I am very stoked by this signing and I hope we get to see McKenzie and Black side by side this year with Foster working his way in slowly. We could actually have a mean, physical, punch you in the mouth corps of LBs in Tampa!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 27, 2011, 05:00:06 PM

Get yo' popcorn ready

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#34 : July 27, 2011, 05:00:30 PM

I guess we will see down the road whether this signing was good or not. Not happy with the price but I expect this to be the general plan for the Bucs. Overpay our own, go weak in FA.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 27, 2011, 05:04:10 PM

Why do I get the feeling that you think 5 years 29million is considered overpaying for Black but if we would have signed Justin Durant for the same price you would have thought it was a good deal?

It's called "the flavor of the month"

People like you come around to the forums every year during the draft and free agency and do this.

They wanna cut Myron Lewis for Gaitor because Gaitor is the NEW FUN SHINEY TOY!!! They wanted to trade Freeman and draft Sam Bradford, they wanted to sign DeAngelo Williams...

They think it's cute, like a Madden game to get new players every single year.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 27, 2011, 05:05:32 PM

Carolina just gave James Anderson 5 years at 22 million.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 27, 2011, 05:06:10 PM

Would you give it a rest and wait till the weak is over to make assumptions, Godly?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 27, 2011, 05:08:13 PM

Fun shiney toy! Good line, Sunny. Point made.

In Verner We Trust

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#39 : July 27, 2011, 05:08:50 PM

Why do I get the feeling that you think 5 years 29million is considered overpaying for Black but if we would have signed Justin Durant for the same price you would have thought it was a good deal?

It's called "the flavor of the month"

People like you come around to the forums every year during the draft and free agency and do this.

They wanna cut Myron Lewis for Gaitor because Gaitor is the NEW FUN SHINEY TOY!!! They wanted to trade Freeman and draft Sam Bradford, they wanted to sign DeAngelo Williams...

They think it's cute, like a Madden game to get new players every single year.

Amen. The shiney new toy thing couldn't be more true. This was a good deal. Black was our best LB last year and I'm happy he is back.

Black was one of only three 4-3 outside linebackers to carry positive ratings in run stopping, pass rush, pass coverage and penalties in 2010, according to Pro Football Focus.

Very nice deal.

BuccsFan09

Rookie

#40 : July 27, 2011, 05:13:37 PM

James Anderson was just signed to a 5 yr 22 million contract. His stats last year 130 tckls, 3.5 scks, 2 FF, 1 pick. Quincy I need you to get to work! I wanna say we slightly overpaid, but oh well thats what we do. I do like Quincy Black though, but when people are talking about how Dekota Watson could replace you, that doesnt sound promising.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 27, 2011, 05:16:10 PM

I was actually pretty worried about having a new starter at SLB and MLB with Geno Hayes being the only "veterean" LB starting for us.

That could have been bad...

So I'm really happy to have Quincy Black back. I'm excited to see him in a Buccaneer's uniform.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 27, 2011, 05:20:12 PM

For $6m a guy should make a difference. If Black blows his ACL out day 1 of camp do you think we lose 1 more game because of his loss? No. This is a guy who is yet to sniff 100 tackles in a season and has 2 INT and 3.5 sacks in 4 seasons.

Dom isn't learning the right lesson of IND and PIT. They don't "keep their own". They keep the guys that matter and understand who are a product of the system - it is why guys who leave those teams aren't ever all that good.  Black isn't 12x better than a Hayward or Watson but we are paying him now like he is and that is what comes back to bite you.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 27, 2011, 05:21:15 PM

James Anderson was just signed to a 5 yr 22 million contract. His stats last year 130 tckls, 3.5 scks, 2 FF, 1 pick. Quincy I need you to get to work! I wanna say we slightly overpaid, but oh well thats what we do. I do like Quincy Black though, but when people are talking about how Dekota Watson could replace you, that doesnt sound promising.

If before FA someone said another team would offer Black $6m, to a man people woulda said "So long!" but as soon as we make a deal people rush to rationalize it.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 27, 2011, 05:25:03 PM

Unlike Ruud, Black isn't soft. His only knock is that he isn't a very good pass rusher. He's very good at stopping the run, great tackler, very good in coverage, strong as an ox and consistent. You put Ruud behind a better D-line with better LBs next to him....he is still a rag doll that runs away from contact. You put Black behind a better line and next to better LBs and he has the potential to really shine.
I don't care what anybody has to say, I am very stoked by this signing and I hope we get to see McKenzie and Black side by side this year with Foster working his way in slowly. We could actually have a mean, physical, punch you in the mouth corps of LBs in Tampa!

he has another knock....not assignment sound. the bolded part can be said about nearly every single player in the NFL.

As far as upside...well, there isnt much left. Dude has been here 4 years, is 27/28 years old and isnt someone whos going to provide hardly any splash plays.

I guess we can hang our hats on the fact he might get a little bit better if everyone around him gets better. Color me excited!!! Its not like Watson played just as well as a rookie.

$6mil is rediculous for a SLB......try to justify it if you like but im going to call a spade a spade here. Luckily hes only guaranteed a little over $2mil a year.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black resigned « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools