Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sounds like Joesph and Trueblood will be back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 27, 2011, 08:11:37 PM

Na man the OLine was great! Let's bring everyone back for 4 more years!!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 27, 2011, 08:11:47 PM

People are actually praising these moves (barring they actually happen)? What in the hell is wrong with you people?

Davin is extremely overrated
and Trueblood is doodoo

What games are you watching???

I worry that our armed forces let someone with vision as bad as yours in if you think True and Davin were good. We ran a lot to the right and you notice a lot of the time those 2 spares weren't there. There was no, zero, gain from having one or both guys on the field.  Once again, why pay a premium for non-premium guys and that is exactly what we are doing it looks like.

Like I said, welcome your 2011 Buccaneers, same as your 2010 Bucs.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 27, 2011, 08:12:23 PM

Good GMs are sitting back and waiting for the prices to drop like a stone. Dumb teams like Washington, Seattle, Carolina and it appears the Bucs are being suckered into awful contracts.

+1

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 27, 2011, 08:16:17 PM

Good GMs are sitting back and waiting for the prices to drop like a stone. Dumb teams like Washington, Seattle, Carolina and it appears the Bucs are being suckered into awful contracts.

Right.. and if they sat back and waited and someone gets picked up before they could get to them then they suck for missing out too.. Gimme a break

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 27, 2011, 08:17:04 PM

Again, it hurts me to go against Dom, I love the guy, but can't you remember all the offensive penalties we had? The O-line NEEDS an overhaul!
: July 27, 2011, 08:19:05 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 27, 2011, 08:17:24 PM

People are actually praising these moves (barring they actually happen)? What in the hell is wrong with you people?

and Trueblood is doodoo

I worry that our armed forces let someone with vision as bad as yours in if you think True and Davin were good. We ran a lot to the right and you notice a lot of the time those 2 spares weren't there. There was no, zero, gain from having one or both guys on the field.  Once again, why pay a premium for non-premium guys and that is exactly what we are doing it looks like.

Even though the Bucs are moving away from the zone blocking scheme back to the power run scheme both players were drafted to play in?   

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 27, 2011, 08:18:16 PM

Good GM's are re-signing their own... and getting their rookies ready to roll -  personnel who can contribute early in the 2011 season.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 27, 2011, 08:18:30 PM

Everybody was proclaiming our receiving corps was garbage last season until they saw the the miracle work that new coach, Eric Yarber, did. I will withhold judgement on the o-line until I can see what new o-line coach, Pat Morris, brings to the table. All I can say is that after rewatching lots of film of last season, I'm pretty excited about Ted Larsen's future. I think the Bucs got a steal from the Patriots on that one.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 27, 2011, 08:19:00 PM

Maybe this is their "Last Supper"... ::)

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#39 : July 27, 2011, 08:19:36 PM

Wait, people are **CENSORED**ing about the Bucs giving Joseph a bad contract when there isn't even a report of him even having an offer and how much?

lol some people...

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#40 : July 27, 2011, 08:21:14 PM

and Trueblood is doodoo

So the #11 Rushing attack and 5.0 yards a carry is not good enough for you? The rushing attack/O-line was not the reason we lost games last year. Keep the offense together let the QB and play makers grow and improve the defense.

Why can't you see what this team is trying to do?...... the GM for god sake is telling you this is what we are doing in plain language and you are banging your head against the wall screaming to go back to what the old failure of a regime was doing. The team has moved on you should too.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 27, 2011, 08:21:55 PM

Everybody was proclaiming our receiving corps was garbage last season until they saw the the miracle work that new coach, Eric Yarber, did. I will withhold judgement on the o-line until I can see what new o-line coach, Pat Morris, brings to the table. All I can say is that after rewatching lots of film of last season, I'm pretty excited about Ted Larsen's future. I think the Bucs got a steal from the Patriots on that one.

Kinda my point.. The over reactions on this board are borderline insane. Heck, they cant even sign a UFA except their own until Friday. Premature to be going off the deep end IMO.

Bucfan2thedeath

Second String

#42 : July 27, 2011, 08:22:19 PM

Which obvious upgrade at guard, pray tell, should we go after instead? 

Some of you are being absolutely ridiculous right now.  We don't even know what the contracts would be!  Most insiders have expected the Bucs to try and bring Trueblood back in order to avoid simply handing the starting job to James Lee.  I GUARANTEE you he's not being brought back as the presumed starter.  He will compete with Lee and whoever else we have on the roster. 

I don't see anyone available who is a clear upgrade over Joseph.  Has he been inconsistent?  Sure.  But I'd really like to see what our new O-Line coach can do to perhaps smooth that out.  And if bringing back Trueblood at a meager salary to bring competition to the line is what it takes to secure Davin's services, I'm all for it. 

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 27, 2011, 08:23:03 PM

Great Plan. Keep two key players. They both looked in amazing shape at IMG and every player on this team has been outspoken about wanting them back.  Both of them combined will be signed for moderate deals when you are talking about two guys who have started for the past 3+years. Are they non stop probowlers? NO but they are good pro's who led the way for a #11 ranked rushing attack with a bunch of rookies around them.

I pray it happens.

good post.  there are too many people here with their heads in the clouds.  what have the bucs, particularly under the new regime, said or done to indicate that we'd ever bring in scores of new FAs? in fact, Dom has always said his plan is to build thru the draft then re-sign our draft picks when it was time.  with no otas or minicamps, that makes bringing in outside FAs even less likely.  I'm all for this move.  bring back both guys and start them.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 27, 2011, 08:23:18 PM

Wait, people are **CENSORED**ing about the Bucs giving Joseph a bad contract when there isn't even a report of him even having an offer and how much?

lol some people...

Good stuff huh?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sounds like Joesph and Trueblood will be back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools