Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fabian Washington? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 27, 2011, 10:03:36 PM

Nothing special, but he could be a dependable vet for a cheap price. Another Sean Jones type of signing. Makes sense as insurance in case Talib is suspended.

Hard to call an injury risk "dependable"

Tommy

Starter

#16 : July 27, 2011, 10:05:42 PM

I am down with this, he is a good corner when healthy. I am still hoping we get Joseph.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 27, 2011, 10:06:02 PM

Nothing special, but he could be a dependable vet for a cheap price. Another Sean Jones type of signing. Makes sense as insurance in case Talib is suspended.

Technically every single person in the NFL is an injury risk. That term is so overused

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 27, 2011, 10:06:25 PM

Dude is porcelain.  I always thought he would a great track star or baseball player.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 27, 2011, 10:06:41 PM

Great, just what the Bucs need... ANOTHER 2nd or 3rd tier CB... How many of those do we have right now? 5, maybe 6? What a joke...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 27, 2011, 10:09:38 PM

True. I meant when he's on the field he plays smart and can be depended on. He is a little dude with injuries though for sure.

Wish we would have gone after Wilson. I think they don't want to spend a lot on a CB. They just want a cheap insurance plan until they find out whats up with Talib. Still would rather have Richard Marshall or Eric Wright.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 27, 2011, 10:13:20 PM

True. I meant when he's on the field he plays smart and can be depended on. He is a little dude with injuries though for sure.

Wish we would have gone after Wilson. I think they don't want to spend a lot on a CB. They just want a cheap insurance plan until they find out whats up with Talib. Still would rather have Richard Marshall or Eric Wright.

Now your talking.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 27, 2011, 10:14:34 PM

Great speed, but, IMO, is not a quality cb.  I would rather stay with what we have.

How can this be a valid report?  Dom said he would only sign FAs (from outside) to be starters.  Fabian Washington will not be a starter here....barring injury.  Then, I would prefer Biggers or Lewis.

.....just my opinion

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 27, 2011, 10:25:56 PM

Great speed, but, IMO, is not a quality cb.  I would rather stay with what we have.

How can this be a valid report?  Dom said he would only sign FAs (from outside) to be starters.  Fabian Washington will not be a starter here....barring injury.  Then, I would prefer Biggers or Lewis.

Agree

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucfan2thedeath

Second String

#24 : July 27, 2011, 10:26:26 PM

Great, just what the Bucs need... ANOTHER 2nd or 3rd tier CB... How many of those do we have right now? 5, maybe 6? What a joke...

Quick question for you, how many so-called "1st tier" CB's have we ever had IN OUR HISTORY?  I'll go ahead and include Ronde Barber in that list.  Name another.  Donnie Abraham was solid, but he won't ever be anywhere close to Hall of Fame talks.  Any others? 

I can't think of another one. 

Our defense is, and always has been, defined by the pressure applied by it's D-line.  We have a Defensive Coordinator who has shown he can work magic with "no name" DB's.  We also have a pair of young corners in Biggers and Lewis who the team is VERY high on and played well last year.  If Talib plays this year, which is looking more and more like a possibility.....what corners do we absolutely need?

We'll bring in one, maybe 2 "2nd and 3rd tier" corners to compete, but aside from that, I don't see much movement. 

Some of you need to get this through your heads....building a successful team isn't always about having the best players, but about having the RIGHT players.  And I trust the front office and coaching staff (who REALLY know DB's) to know who those players are.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 27, 2011, 10:39:41 PM

Quick question for you, how many so-called "1st tier" CB's have we ever had IN OUR HISTORY?  I'll go ahead and include Ronde Barber in that list.  Name another.  Donnie Abraham was solid, but he won't ever be anywhere close to Hall of Fame talks.  Any others? 

Our defense is, and always has been, defined by the pressure applied by it's D-line.  We have a Defensive Coordinator who has shown he can work magic with "no name" DB's.  We also have a pair of young corners in Biggers and Lewis who the team is VERY high on and played well last year.  If Talib plays this year, which is looking more and more like a possibility.....what corners do we absolutely need?

We'll bring in one, maybe 2 "2nd and 3rd tier" corners to compete, but aside from that, I don't see much movement. 

Some of you need to get this through your heads....building a successful team isn't always about having the best players, but about having the RIGHT players.  And I trust the front office and coaching staff (who REALLY know DB's) to know who those players are.
Before you jump the gun where did I mention anything about a top tier CB? I could care less if the Bucs sign Nnamdi... My point was we are stocked with 2nd - 3rd tier corners... Make some moves for a LB (Sims) a DE (Gholston) for competition/back up at least... Who do we have besides Clayborn and Bowers? White? Gone... Crowder? I like...

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 27, 2011, 10:44:18 PM

BTW, the Bucs were VERY high on Mack... Look how that's turned out...

Bucfan2thedeath

Second String

#27 : July 27, 2011, 10:44:27 PM

Before you jump the gun where did I mention anything about a top tier CB? I could care less if the Bucs sign Nnamdi... My point was we are stocked with 2nd - 3rd tier corners... Make some moves for a LB (Sims) a DE (Gholston) for competition/back up at least... Who do we have besides Clayborn and Bowers? White? Gone... Crowder? I like...

Gotcha.....I misunderstood your point.  My bad. 

In regards to your actual point, do you really see Ernie Sims to be all that much better than Quincy Black or Geno Hayes?  I don't.  And when it comes to the D-Line, the coaching staff seems to be really high on Michael Bennett as well.  I say either bring in a sure-fire upgrade to the starting lineup, or don't even bother.  Anything else is simply a lateral move, which doesn't really help us at all.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 27, 2011, 10:50:12 PM

Doms still looking in the trash cans acting like he has no money to spend......its getting sickening.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 27, 2011, 10:51:10 PM

I forgot about Magee and Bennett...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fabian Washington? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools