Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: tonights dinner can give the bucs indigestion « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 27, 2011, 11:55:28 PM

For what it's worth, TRUEBLOOD is not confirmed yet...

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#16 : July 27, 2011, 11:56:33 PM

Umm so your saying that OL are methheads? i could see meatheads but not to go as far as methheads...but i'm sure you know meth better then  i do ...
We trusted him last year with larsen and lee didn't we. What was our record again?

Larsen was drafted....in the 6th round...by a team that RECOGNIZES OL talent....

Lee was a practice squad steal during the Gruden era I believe.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 27, 2011, 11:58:22 PM

Man, Just think of it this way, the week isn't over yet and you don't know what the season holds...Mark has done an amazing job to this point and he could be doing a lot worse.

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#18 : July 28, 2011, 12:02:37 AM

Umm so your saying that OL are methheads? i could see meatheads but not to go as far as methheads...but i'm sure you know meth better then  i do ...
We trusted him last year with larsen and lee didn't we. What was our record again?

Larsen was drafted....in the 6th round...by a team that RECOGNIZES OL talent....

Lee was a practice squad steal during the Gruden era I believe.
OK but still wasn't a high draft pick and Lee was still an UDFA. This team is still a ways off from being a super bowl team. The line we had last year seemed to work just fine and will probably do just as well if not better this year.

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#19 : July 28, 2011, 12:08:08 AM

Man, Just think of it this way, the week isn't over yet and you don't know what the season holds...Mark has done an amazing job to this point and he could be doing a lot worse.
Not everyone bows down to what Dominik has done. Has he made this team better? Absolutely. 100%. But he is absolutely terrible at dealing with Free Agents and even worse for finding Offensive Line talent.

Larsen is the only Lineman he has gotten that has offered a solid showing. The rest he has found is not very impressive.

In his 3 years of drafting...he has drafted 1 OL pick...that is not even on the team anymore. Matt Slauson was there...Duke Robinson was there...I mean guys were there..Plenty of guys in the 2010 draft too that were possible picks after the 6th round....He just is very very bad at evaluating OL talent.

We shall see how he deals with the OL come Friday...if he chooses to do nothing...and Freeman gets slammed and taken out....our season is over and he is the #1 person to blame. Just sayin'.
: July 28, 2011, 12:10:10 AM GodlyQB#5

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 28, 2011, 12:09:13 AM

The line we had last year seemed to work just fine

Strongly disagree.  Freeman and Blount had to dodge defenders in the backfield left and right.

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#21 : July 28, 2011, 12:12:04 AM

The line we had last year seemed to work just fine

Strongly disagree.  Freeman and Blount had to dodge defenders in the backfield left and right.

EXACTLY. Thank you. If you thought Freeman's/ Blount's numbers were impressive last year...Imagine what they COULD be without guys like Hardman,Lee,Trueblood,Faine,Joseph in the line up!

Blount could get 1200+ yards if hes not breaking tackles 2 yards behind the LoS.

OL is the only thing stopping us from being extremely competitive if you ask me.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 28, 2011, 12:16:17 AM

Freeman can easily become Stafford if we don't protect him. And then what will we think of Dom? Very tough to screw this up, but keep from protecting your biggest asset and we could botch potentially the best QB we ever had.

In Verner We Trust

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 28, 2011, 12:18:20 AM

Well, I have faith in Dom. He will do at least ONE big signing on one side or another. you'll see.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 28, 2011, 12:21:14 AM

No, he'll get a few second or third-tiered players and the apologists will claim THAT is your big signing. I've seen this movie before. The guy doesn't get the girl at the end.

In Verner We Trust

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#25 : July 28, 2011, 12:25:57 AM

No, he'll get a few second or third-tiered players and the apologists will claim THAT is your big signing. I've seen this movie before. The guy doesn't get the girl at the end.

Dominik = Napoleon Dynamite at the dance?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 28, 2011, 12:26:22 AM

Jesus, you're becoming as bad as Java! Relax bro. Like I said, he's a better GM than A lot in the league and no one's perfect. I was mad at him resigning Davin, but I'd rather have a guy who actually cares about this team than ANY other GM in the nfl. You need to quit panicking and look at how good we are BECAUSE of him and this staff as well as the shortcomings.

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#27 : July 28, 2011, 12:34:07 AM

Jesus, you're becoming as bad as Java! Relax bro. Like I said, he's a better GM than A lot in the league and no one's perfect. I was mad at him resigning Davin, but I'd rather have a guy who actually cares about this team than ANY other GM in the nfl. You need to quit panicking and look at how good we are BECAUSE of him and this staff as well as the shortcomings.

You obviously haven't been watching football that long. The second you start pledging your allegiance to people is the second that you end up disappointed. I follow the Colors/Team. Dominik is not bigger then the team. He has made it better but he leaves a lot to be desired.

I look at short and long term winning and factor them in. What fun is it watching football if youre 2-3 years away from being a legit contender? To watch them all grow? Might as well just don't watch football for 2 years if thats the case. As a fan you like to appreciate short term (upcoming season success) and long term potential (perennial contender). Its been 8 years since we last saw the SB. the former regime left us in shambles I will admit...but that is no excuse to just be conservative as hell and just scared to sign a big name.

All of this talk of extensions to guys....how do we know Mike Williams will be a stud in 3 years? or Blount? or Benn? or any of those guys. They have great potential and I don't see it being the case but the fans need some excitement to know we are making an effort to make it to the playoffs THIS season.

Because if you are a fan...would you want to buy season tickets when we are hovering around getting in the playoffs or when you see a commitment by ownership and the FO that they mean business and are out to win now and in the future?

I love this game and I just want my team to win every year.Lets be honest.. Its better to voice opinions like this rather then the agonizing 4 months of lock out talk...

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 28, 2011, 12:35:03 AM

the teams with franchise qbs give them good protection......bucs play the lions first game of the year with the best dee line in the nfl......their line of Penn...Larsen.....Faine....Joseph....Trueblood....are what they will have to protect Freeman......with all that money Dom is that the best you can do......the season could be over after the very first game...they are what they are ....over paying them won't change a thing....NO GUTS NO GLORY.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 28, 2011, 12:35:30 AM

I really really dislike this bleh
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: tonights dinner can give the bucs indigestion « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools