Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: tonights dinner can give the bucs indigestion « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 28, 2011, 12:42:11 AM

i think a certain GM is believin' his own hype and thinkin' anything he touches will turn to gold....

Biggers > Aso
We will see if the BUcs do not improve their players...

I get what you are saying though.

If the Bucs go into this tougher season, with improved competition with the mindset that lasy year will be the flag bearing reason to not go after other guys, they will be hurting...

You HAVE to go after proven commodity in the NFL. 

Sign Nnamdi.  You can back the Brinks truck up twice to his door, and still have enough money to resign core players.

You need guys like that to increase the overall talent.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 28, 2011, 12:52:28 AM

I watch football because I follow the team. I don't want success overnight. Dom has proved himself to me, he's not perfect but like I said, i'd rather have him than an ANY GM we have had. At least he actually tries to do things within reason and doesn't SHILL OUT CASH EVERY FA PERIOD to sign broken down vets. I'm going to support him because I DO trust him. If we don't get it in FA, we'll do fine about it in the draft next year. Why wait? Because Dom would know there is a bettter player in the long run next year in the draft.

I'm sorry, but I have followed a lot of companies other than sports and your idea of getting success is what makes me sick about them. It never works...Spend money on other stars than your own instead of molding the future--well at least Dom has a vision in mind. We may not get there when YOU want to, but when we do we'lll be on top for a long time and it will be because we planned things out that way.
: July 28, 2011, 01:00:03 AM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#32 : July 28, 2011, 12:56:20 AM

Jesus, you're becoming as bad as Java! Relax bro. Like I said, he's a better GM than A lot in the league and no one's perfect. I was mad at him resigning Davin, but I'd rather have a guy who actually cares about this team than ANY other GM in the nfl. You need to quit panicking and look at how good we are BECAUSE of him and this staff as well as the shortcomings.

You obviously haven't been watching football that long. The second you start pledging your allegiance to people is the second that you end up disappointed. I follow the Colors/Team. Dominik is not bigger then the team. He has made it better but he leaves a lot to be desired.

I look at short and long term winning and factor them in. What fun is it watching football if youre 2-3 years away from being a legit contender? To watch them all grow? Might as well just don't watch football for 2 years if thats the case. As a fan you like to appreciate short term (upcoming season success) and long term potential (perennial contender). Its been 8 years since we last saw the SB. the former regime left us in shambles I will admit...but that is no excuse to just be conservative as hell and just scared to sign a big name.

All of this talk of extensions to guys....how do we know Mike Williams will be a stud in 3 years? or Blount? or Benn? or any of those guys. They have great potential and I don't see it being the case but the fans need some excitement to know we are making an effort to make it to the playoffs THIS season.

Because if you are a fan...would you want to buy season tickets when we are hovering around getting in the playoffs or when you see a commitment by ownership and the FO that they mean business and are out to win now and in the future?

I love this game and I just want my team to win every year.Lets be honest.. Its better to voice opinions like this rather then the agonizing 4 months of lock out talk...
what your talking about is rushing ahead when we don't need to. You want to win now, but thats not the case here it's going to be a process. I dont get how you don't see that the FO is trying to change things, it has remodeled this team from the ground up. We are in year 2 of the new project so give it time. By waiting another year they can solidify the core of the team and add others next year and even trade for players.

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#33 : July 28, 2011, 01:02:21 AM

I watch football because I follow the team. I don't want success overnight. IDom has proved himself to me, he's not perfect but like I said, i'd rather have him than an ANY GM we have had. At least he actually tries to do things within reason and doesnt SHILL OUT CASH EVERY FA PERIOD to sign broken down vets. Im going to support him because I DO trust him. If we dont get it in FAm we'll do fine about it in the draft next year. Why.wait? Because Dom would know there is a bettter player in the long run next year in the draft.

I'm sorry, but I have followed a lot of companies other than sports and your idea of getting success is what makes me sick. Spend money on other stars than your own instead of molding the future--well at least Dom has a vission in mind. we may not get there when YOU want to, but when we do we'lll be on top for a long time and it will be because we planned things out that way.

My idea of gaining success is what is smart sweetheart. Look at the last 8 superbowl winners. You think they all got to where they were with just young guys?

Clearly you were not watching football during the 02 season...because that was our now or never year. We cashed in big time and it paid off...how did we do that? We went out and GRABBED other guys who helped us win the big game? It was an ALL AROUND EFFORT.

Who delievered one of the best catches in the 02 season? Oh that's right...Joe Jurevicius....FREE AGENT.

Who knew everything INSIDE and OUT about the Raiders when we won? Jon Gruden...COACH WE TRADED FOR.

This "sickening model" is what brought us a Lombardi.

I have already been on record stating that if this wasn't the FA period that it was I would be against it....BUT THIS IS THE BEST FA POOL IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. Seeing as you're a new fan...that doesn't sink into your head that much. This type of talent will NOT be regularly available every Off-season. So why sit with a thumb up our rear scared to death to sign one because it goes against this "plan"....NO PLAN is EVER set in stone. The Bucs have a bright core....now add the additional pieces and finally crank the motor and RUN WITH IT. Because regardless of what you say....we wait 2 years....finally make the playoffs and hit a first round exit...why? Cause our players NEVER EXPERIENCED PLAYOFF FOOTBALL. WHOLE DIFFERENT GAME. So why not do it now so in two years when guys are hitting their prime they can go the distance?

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#34 : July 28, 2011, 01:04:53 AM

CaliforniaBuc40, I have been waiting since 2002 to go back to the playoffs and actually feel like we have a chance...maybe I am tired of waiting....we aren't Bills fans. I am jumping the gun. But its because im getting excited for the season....but how am i supposed to get even more excited when we have glaring weaknesses and the problems to fix it are RIGHT there in plain sight and we refuse to go after them? It is just disheartening.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 28, 2011, 01:07:33 AM

Well said, Godly. A 10-6 team shouldn't be forfeiting the present for some future that may never come. I hope it does. But it might not.

In Verner We Trust

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#36 : July 28, 2011, 01:09:36 AM

oh i get it YOU are the Organization
I think most fans on here have been waiting to see the bucs get back into the playoffs and win again, you aren't different from all of us
I think more or less you need to slow your roll and breath a little, just wait it out until they are in pads and if Dom hasn't signed anyone worth while or the positions you wanted aren't filled then you should start complaining. Until then just stop being so over the top with what your posting. The plan is the plan no qb worshiping poster is gonna change that.

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#37 : July 28, 2011, 01:10:55 AM

Knowing the future in football is like predicting the economy...no one is exactly sure what will happen...but everyone like to guess....I guarantee everyone would go back and sell their house during the housing boom and run with it. Thats what applies to us right now.The term " Strike while the iron is hot". is not some BS phrase. It has truth to it.

calibucfan15

Starter

#38 : July 28, 2011, 01:13:47 AM

Looks like Joseph and Trueblood pushed it as kind of a package deal. Was pretty set on having Trueblood there with him.

DavinJoseph75 Davin Joseph
I'm going to bed but no deal yet. I'm ready for a long term deal.

My guy @jeremyTRUEblood is ready to stay. That means I'm ready to stay.

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#39 : July 28, 2011, 01:14:03 AM

I think most fans on here have been waiting to see the bucs get back into the playoffs and win again, you aren't different from all of us
I think more or less you need to slow your roll and breath a little, just wait it out until they are in pads and if Dom hasn't signed anyone worth while or the positions you wanted aren't filled then you should start complaining. Until then just stop being so over the top with what your posting. The plan is the plan no qb worshiping poster is gonna change that.

I forgot I am not allowed to have an opinion. I am going by what is out there right now. If its not all sunshine and rainbows then you aren't allowed to speak your mind.

Its a mere 48 hours or so before the guys can sign....so excuse me if anxiety and the thought guys that can really add to the team are being overlooked because it doesn't gel with "The Plan"  is crossing my mind.

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#40 : July 28, 2011, 01:14:35 AM

"Just a man with a mind for victory, and an arm like a f*cking cannon. But sometimes when you bring the thunder, you get lost in the storm."

"I was handed the keys to the kingdom, multi million dollar deals, endorsements.  Everyone wanted a piece of my sh*t."

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#41 : July 28, 2011, 01:15:34 AM

Looks like Joseph and Trueblood pushed it as kind of a package deal. Was pretty set on having Trueblood there with him.

I'm going to bed but no deal yet. I'm ready for a long term deal.

My guy @jeremyTRUEblood is ready to stay. That means I'm ready to stay.

Please...if there is a God....make sure that these two never see a Red & Pewter uniform ever again. Make Dominik have to go out and spend cash on better OL to protect our Franchise QB.

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#42 : July 28, 2011, 01:16:54 AM

I forgot I am not allowed to have an opinion. I am going by what is out there right now. If its not all sunshine and rainbows then you aren't allowed to speak your mind.

Its a mere 48 hours or so before the guys can sign....so excuse me if anxiety and the thought guys that can really add to the team are being overlooked because it doesn't gel with "The Plan"  is crossing my mind.

Why the anxiety your not the one making the choices dom is... i'm saying hold on and wait til things are set in stone then you can do your witch hunt later ok bud :)
Maybe bruce allen would be a better Gm at this time then we would sure up or WRs and every other position :)))

Larry Brackins

Starter
#43 : July 28, 2011, 01:17:08 AM

The bromance between those two if borderline creepy. I think Joseph is protecting Trueblood's blindside.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 28, 2011, 01:17:37 AM

I can predict based on this franchise's past history. Heck, we know the Redskins will overpay the wrong guys. We know the Bears will win in some years when they shouldn't but not stay on top. We know some mediocre NFC West team will make the playoffs. We know the NFC East will be overhyped. This happens. But the Bucs can change the definition of what they are and what they will be. Right now they're like Bartleby the Scrivener ... they prefer not to.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: tonights dinner can give the bucs indigestion « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools