Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs do not appear to be negotiating with any outside free agents « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

traew01

Pro Bowler

: July 28, 2011, 01:59:34 AM

Looks like Aso is either SF or NY, Joseph is likely Detroit, there does not appear to be any interest in O Lineman (that Free story is unsubstantiated), receivers, safeties, or linebackers....and Bush is likely a Dolphin.

Wow. Dominik was not kidding when he said the Bucs would focus on their own guys. Bucs just are not players in free agency at all.

I'm not judging either way. Time will tell.... But it is definitely an anti-climactic start to the season. Outside of our draft picks, we have re-signed Black and Spurlock. YAWN......

bashear

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 28, 2011, 02:03:15 AM

Are we getting a lot of substantiated stories on who is negotiating with who? Fog of war stuff. A Saints reporter just tweeted we were making a play for Bush, along with the Rams. But, who really knows what has been happening behind the scenes--we just know nothing has happened in front of the curtains.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#2 : July 28, 2011, 02:03:44 AM

How do you know this? Just because it isn't out in the media doesn't mean we aren't talking to anyone.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 28, 2011, 02:04:48 AM

How do you know this? Just because it isn't out in the media doesn't mean we aren't talking to anyone.

Because Dominik himself said we were going to be quiet.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 28, 2011, 02:05:24 AM

The Bucs won 10 games last year.  But this years sched is a lot tougher, or so it appears.

Free agency starts Friday.  Things can happen.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 28, 2011, 02:05:36 AM

lol, because we havent signed someone we cant sign until friday.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 28, 2011, 02:06:30 AM

I suspect the Glazers are cheap regardless.

They got lucky last year.  Hopefully, they get lucky again this year.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#7 : July 28, 2011, 02:09:21 AM

I want all the Dominik sheep to come back here Friday and let me know how many outside free agent starters we end up signing..... and if it is more than zero I will be shocked.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#8 : July 28, 2011, 02:10:36 AM

I suspect the Glazers are cheap regardless.

They got lucky last year.  Hopefully, they get lucky again this year.

How did they get lucky? They focused their effort and resources into the draft and made smart picks and additions that improved our roster.

Again, spending money doesn't equal wins. It never has, it never will.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#9 : July 28, 2011, 02:11:57 AM

They got lucky! LOL.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#10 : July 28, 2011, 02:13:21 AM

Because Dominik himself said we were going to be quiet.

He never said we weren't going to do anything. They will sign some FAs, just not the overrated big name players the fans want.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 28, 2011, 02:13:36 AM

Looks like Aso is either SF or NY, Joseph is likely Detroit, there does not appear to be any interest in O Lineman (that Free story is unsubstantiated), receivers, safeties, or linebackers....and Bush is likely a Dolphin.

Wow. Dominik was not kidding when he said the Bucs would focus on their own guys. Bucs just are not players in free agency at all.

I'm not judging either way. Time will tell.... But it is definitely an anti-climactic start to the season. Outside of our draft picks, we have re-signed Black and Spurlock. YAWN......

Nice misleading thread title idiot.

I'm getting tired of these threads cluttering up the board.

Bed time I reckon

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 28, 2011, 02:16:07 AM

This isn't MLB where you can ''overspend'' and either win or not win. The top salaried team will be only $13M above the lowest now. But you can do a lot with $13M if you are creative, hardworking. Or you can cop out and overpay guys you already know are mediocre. We know Trueblood is below average. We know Black is average. The Bucs had the resources to upgrade more than any other team, $15M more than the next nearest team. They are choosing not to and any reasonable fan has a right to be disappointed. If they miss the playoffs AGAIN, it will be because they chose not to complement the talent they already had with more talent.

In Verner We Trust

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 28, 2011, 02:16:25 AM

I have always said better to be lucky than good.

So remember that when I say lucky, lucky > good. 

So many instances...

I will take every win the BUcs have.  This year is a clean slate.  I have tons of hope.

But do they need help?  Yes.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#14 : July 28, 2011, 02:17:12 AM

We know they went after Doug Free and we know they're going after Fabian Washington.

There's two.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs do not appear to be negotiating with any outside free agents « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools