Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs do not appear to be negotiating with any outside free agents « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

traew01

Pro Bowler

#15 : July 28, 2011, 02:17:36 AM

Looks like Aso is either SF or NY, Joseph is likely Detroit, there does not appear to be any interest in O Lineman (that Free story is unsubstantiated), receivers, safeties, or linebackers....and Bush is likely a Dolphin.

Wow. Dominik was not kidding when he said the Bucs would focus on their own guys. Bucs just are not players in free agency at all.

I'm not judging either way. Time will tell.... But it is definitely an anti-climactic start to the season. Outside of our draft picks, we have re-signed Black and Spurlock. YAWN......

Nice misleading thread title idiot.

I'm getting tired of these threads cluttering up the board.

Bed time I reckon

Kiss my a##... whats misleading about the title of the thread?? It is fact...unless you have any evidence to the contrary you pompous jackwad

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 28, 2011, 02:18:06 AM

We know they went after Doug Free and we know they're going after Fabian Washington.

There's two.
Fabian Washington?

Jesus...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 28, 2011, 02:19:08 AM

Who's overrated? Paul Posluszny or Stephen Tulloch? Aso? Joseph? Lots of ways to improve and no effort made whatsoever to do it.
In fact, the Bucs are snubbing their noses at the process. While others are working the FA phones, they're signing their whole draft class. That's nice, but a poor utillization of time. It's arrogant and naive.

In Verner We Trust

Larry Brackins

Starter
#18 : July 28, 2011, 02:19:29 AM

We know they went after Doug Free and we know they're going after Fabian Washington.

There's two.
Fabian Washington?

Jesus...
Haha I never said they were all good, just said saying they aren't negotiating with outside free agents is incorrect.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

traew01

Pro Bowler

#19 : July 28, 2011, 02:19:47 AM

There's two.

What proof do you have of this? Agents are using the Bucs all over the place to negotiate and drive up deals. It is only when you hear that a team has come to terms witha  player that you know the truth....And thus far I have not heard anything.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#20 : July 28, 2011, 02:20:24 AM

Who's overrated? Paul Posluszny or Stephen Tulloch? Aso? Joseph? Lots of ways to improve and no effort made whatsoever to do it.
In fact, the Bucs are snubbing their noses at the process. While others are working the FA phones, they're signing their whole draft class. That's nice, but a poor utillization of time. It's arrogant and naive.
It's ARROGANT to make sure the three guys who are going to be starting on your defense on opening day are in camp on time? Whaaat?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Larry Brackins

Starter
#21 : July 28, 2011, 02:21:15 AM

There's two.

What proof do you have of this? Agents are using the Bucs all over the place to negotiate and drive up deals. It is only when you hear that a team has come to terms witha  player that you know the truth....And thus far I have not heard anything.
Fabian Washington said so himself that there's a good chance he'll be coming to Tampa. Again, to say they haven't been negotiating with anyone is wrong.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 28, 2011, 02:22:37 AM

They cant sign a single guy you listed yet. To think they havent contact any FAs is assinine. Theres around 1200 players being courted by 32 teams and we hear about 5-10 a day if we are lucky. Less than 40 guys have signed or agreed to terms(other than UDFA).

Youre naive to think otherwise and rather arrogant to state you know better than a guy getting paid to do a job you cant get.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#23 : July 28, 2011, 02:23:13 AM

There's two.

Fabian Washington said so himself that there's a good chance he'll be coming to Tampa. Again, to say they haven't been negotiating with anyone is wrong.

Do you have a link to this quote?

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 28, 2011, 02:23:25 AM

I suspect the Glazers are cheap regardless.

They got lucky last year.  Hopefully, they get lucky again this year.

How did they get lucky? They focused their effort and resources into the draft and made smart picks and additions that improved our roster.

Again, spending money doesn't equal wins. It never has, it never will.

2 wins against the Panthers who were atrocious. Wins against Cincy and Cleveland who are both bad. The Skins had to botch a PAT for us to win. A win against Arizona who had no QB. A win against San Francisco whose coach was fired.
I understand we beat the Saints but so did the Browns and Seahawks.

We got lucky with that schedule last year. Most of the teams we played had terrible QB play. This year will be different. It will be tougher. And we are basically the same team.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#25 : July 28, 2011, 02:24:19 AM

They focused their effort and resources into the draft

Big deal.   What team in the NFL doesn't do this every year?    I can't remember any teams not taking their draft picks in any season.   

traew01

Pro Bowler

#26 : July 28, 2011, 02:25:24 AM

They cant sign a single guy you listed yet. To think they havent contact any FAs is assinine. Theres around 1200 players being courted by 32 teams and we hear about 5-10 a day if we are lucky. Less than 40 guys have signed or agreed to terms(other than UDFA).

Youre naive to think otherwise and rather arrogant to state you know better than a guy getting paid to do a job you cant get.

All I can say, is I want you to man up and apologize to me when Friday and beyond rolls around and the Bucs do not sign a single free agent starter.... because I know it aint gonna happen.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#27 : July 28, 2011, 02:25:30 AM

There's two.

Do you have a link to this quote?

Twitter is a wonderful tool.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#28 : July 28, 2011, 02:25:44 AM

This isn't MLB where you can ''overspend'' and either win or not win. The top salaried team will be only $13M above the lowest now. But you can do a lot with $13M if you are creative, hardworking. Or you can cop out and overpay guys you already know are mediocre. We know Trueblood is below average. We know Black is average. The Bucs had the resources to upgrade more than any other team, $15M more than the next nearest team. They are choosing not to and any reasonable fan has a right to be disappointed. If they miss the playoffs AGAIN, it will be because they chose not to complement the talent they already had with more talent.

This isn't Madden, you just don't go out and pay a FA and have him step in and automatically improve the team. History has shown that most players regress after a big free agent deal. I agree Trueblood sucks, and James Lee is nothing to write home about. But the Bucs won't overpay for a RT just because they can.

Just because the Bucs miss the playoffs, it isn't because they didn't spend big money in FA. It is because we are in a tough division with two Super Bowl caliber teams. We are still incredibly young team with upside. We aren't some FAs away from the Super Bowl and Dominik is smart enough to not stray from his plan because of one 10 win season. It isn't like our Super Bowl window is closing and we need to spend to try and keep it open as long as possible. The future is incredibly bright, yet many fans have a negative attitude because we won't freakin' go nuts in FA. I'm excited about Josh Freeman, Mike Williams, LeGarrette Blount, Arrelious Benn, Adrian Clayborn, Da'Quan Bowers, etc. guys who have bright futures in this league, I won't get down because we aren't going after other team's trash.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#29 : July 28, 2011, 02:25:51 AM

Bucs just are not players in free agency at all.

Nothing new here...

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs do not appear to be negotiating with any outside free agents « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools