Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs do not appear to be negotiating with any outside free agents « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Larry Brackins

Starter
#30 : July 28, 2011, 02:26:32 AM

They focused their effort and resources into the draft

Big deal.   What team in the NFL doesn't do this every year?    I can't remember any teams not taking their draft picks in any season.
You remember some of those Gruden and Allen drafts? I could argue they didn't take all their picks lol

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

traew01

Pro Bowler

#31 : July 28, 2011, 02:30:15 AM

This isn't MLB where you can ''overspend'' and either win or not win. The top salaried team will be only $13M above the lowest now. But you can do a lot with $13M if you are creative, hardworking. Or you can cop out and overpay guys you already know are mediocre. We know Trueblood is below average. We know Black is average. The Bucs had the resources to upgrade more than any other team, $15M more than the next nearest team. They are choosing not to and any reasonable fan has a right to be disappointed. If they miss the playoffs AGAIN, it will be because they chose not to complement the talent they already had with more talent.

This isn't Madden, you just don't go out and pay a FA and have him step in and automatically improve the team. History has shown that most players regress after a big free agent deal. I agree Trueblood sucks, and James Lee is nothing to write home about. But the Bucs won't overpay for a RT just because they can.

Just because the Bucs miss the playoffs, it isn't because they didn't spend big money in FA. It is because we are in a tough division with two Super Bowl caliber teams. We are still incredibly young team with upside. We aren't some FAs away from the Super Bowl and Dominik is smart enough to not stray from his plan because of one 10 win season. It isn't like our Super Bowl window is closing and we need to spend to try and keep it open as long as possible. The future is incredibly bright, yet many fans have a negative attitude because we won't freakin' go nuts in FA. I'm excited about Josh Freeman, Mike Williams, LeGarrette Blount, Arrelious Benn, Adrian Clayborn, Da'Quan Bowers, etc. guys who have bright futures in this league, I won't get down because we aren't going after other team's trash.

Notice how you did not mention one offensive lineman. Or EJ Biggers. Or Myron Lewis. Why? Because our O Line is mediocre, and Biggers and Lewis are mediocre....and Barber is old as hell.

There was a bunch of players in free agency that easily upgrade these positions...and yes, you have to pay some big money to get them. But there are very creative ways to do it while still setting up for the future...

But you have to be willing to spend. And the Bucs and Glazers just will not do it. PERIOD.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 28, 2011, 02:32:04 AM

They cant sign a single guy you listed yet. To think they havent contact any FAs is assinine. Theres around 1200 players being courted by 32 teams and we hear about 5-10 a day if we are lucky. Less than 40 guys have signed or agreed to terms(other than UDFA).

Youre naive to think otherwise and rather arrogant to state you know better than a guy getting paid to do a job you cant get.

All I can say, is I want you to man up and apologize to me when Friday and beyond rolls around and the Bucs do not sign a single free agent starter.... because I know it aint gonna happen.

and what if they do? will you admit you made assumptions, ranted in every thread like a child, and admit you were flat out wrong? Will you admit all your assumptions were wrong from not signing a single starter to not talking to any FAs?

also, what do I have to apologize for? I stated facts and said your a couple days to early to even know if what your saying is even in the same area code a truth. Thats nothing to apologize for.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 28, 2011, 02:34:55 AM

you guys may need this....

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#34 : July 28, 2011, 02:35:39 AM

They cant sign a single guy you listed yet. To think they havent contact any FAs is assinine. Theres around 1200 players being courted by 32 teams and we hear about 5-10 a day if we are lucky. Less than 40 guys have signed or agreed to terms(other than UDFA).

Youre naive to think otherwise and rather arrogant to state you know better than a guy getting paid to do a job you cant get.

All I can say, is I want you to man up and apologize to me when Friday and beyond rolls around and the Bucs do not sign a single free agent starter.... because I know it aint gonna happen.

and what if they do? will you admit you made assumptions, ranted in every thread like a child, and admit you were flat out wrong? Will you admit all your assumptions were wrong from not signing a single starter to not talking to any FAs?

also, what do I have to apologize for? I stated facts and said your a couple days to early to even know if what your saying is even in the same area code a truth. Thats nothing to apologize for.

Yes. Yes I will.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 28, 2011, 02:36:59 AM

And you wonder why the stadium won't sell out? Its not because they arnt winning. Team posted a 10-6 record and still cant sell out a game.

People arnt showing up because: 1. They think the team is a fluke. and 2. They are pissed off at the Glazers because they jacked up the prices in 2007 in some sections by as much as 30% and they dont seem to re-invest into the team. Ever since the Man U acquisition the Bucs have been the cheapest team in the league.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#36 : July 28, 2011, 02:41:53 AM

And you wonder why the stadium won't sell out? Its not because they arnt winning. Team posted a 10-6 record and still cant sell out a game.

People arnt showing up because: 1. They think the team is a fluke. and 2. They are pissed off at the Glazers because they jacked up the prices in 2007 in some sections by as much as 30% and they dont seem to re-invest into the team. Ever since the Man U acquisition the Bucs have been the cheapest team in the league.

Fluke for sure last year.    I would hope everyone is still pissed off at the Glazers for jacking prices out the ying yang.    But the main reason they can't sell tickets is...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 28, 2011, 02:43:06 AM

traew01

Pro Bowler

#38 : July 28, 2011, 02:44:46 AM

I agree 100 percent.

I have had season tickets for 35 years. I am sure that is longer than most....and likely far longer than most of the sheep on this board.

And I stood by this team through thick and thin...and will continue to do so.

But I am fed up with the BS that Mark Dominik spews lately. I see an ownership that is taking advantage of its good fortune with young players to suddenly claim they are going to spend all the money on current players and stick to the "blueprint" - when there are golden opportunities to improve this team. I see teams that were actually over the salary cap a few days ago that are signing players to massive contracts.

Do I want to see a crazy spending spree? Hell no. But I want to see SOMETHING. Some effort to improve this team outside of what we already have.,...

And I just do not see it happening on Friday.... or any other day. I just know this GM too well already.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#39 : July 28, 2011, 02:45:25 AM

This isn't MLB where you can ''overspend'' and either win or not win. The top salaried team will be only $13M above the lowest now. But you can do a lot with $13M if you are creative, hardworking. Or you can cop out and overpay guys you already know are mediocre. We know Trueblood is below average. We know Black is average. The Bucs had the resources to upgrade more than any other team, $15M more than the next nearest team. They are choosing not to and any reasonable fan has a right to be disappointed. If they miss the playoffs AGAIN, it will be because they chose not to complement the talent they already had with more talent.

This isn't Madden, you just don't go out and pay a FA and have him step in and automatically improve the team. History has shown that most players regress after a big free agent deal. I agree Trueblood sucks, and James Lee is nothing to write home about. But the Bucs won't overpay for a RT just because they can.

Just because the Bucs miss the playoffs, it isn't because they didn't spend big money in FA. It is because we are in a tough division with two Super Bowl caliber teams. We are still incredibly young team with upside. We aren't some FAs away from the Super Bowl and Dominik is smart enough to not stray from his plan because of one 10 win season. It isn't like our Super Bowl window is closing and we need to spend to try and keep it open as long as possible. The future is incredibly bright, yet many fans have a negative attitude because we won't freakin' go nuts in FA. I'm excited about Josh Freeman, Mike Williams, LeGarrette Blount, Arrelious Benn, Adrian Clayborn, Da'Quan Bowers, etc. guys who have bright futures in this league, I won't get down because we aren't going after other team's trash.

Notice how you did not mention one offensive lineman. Or EJ Biggers. Or Myron Lewis. Why? Because our O Line is mediocre, and Biggers and Lewis are mediocre....and Barber is old as hell.

There was a bunch of players in free agency that easily upgrade these positions...and yes, you have to pay some big money to get them. But there are very creative ways to do it while still setting up for the future...

But you have to be willing to spend. And the Bucs and Glazers just will not do it. PERIOD.

Actually I like Donald Penn a lot and glad he is locked up. Even though he had a down seaso, I hope Davin gets locked up too because he is talented and I think he will do better with our new coach. I also really like EJ Biggers, he played well last year and hasa future as an NFL starter. Lewis has to show me more, and who knows with Gaitor.

OL is obviously the team's biggest need, and I expect it adressed next year in the draft.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 28, 2011, 02:48:56 AM

I expect it adressed next year in the draft.

Ya, wouldn't want to rush it and try to win this year.   Wait until next year.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#41 : July 28, 2011, 02:52:44 AM

JAvaRay...how dare you question the almighty Mark Dominic "blueprint"?  :o :o

Ma5o

Rookie

#42 : July 28, 2011, 02:56:12 AM

Penny pinching doesn't win championships...last time I looked.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#43 : July 28, 2011, 02:56:57 AM

JAvaRay...how dare you question the almighty Mark Dominic "blueprint"?  :o :o

The same blueprint that has gotten us some of the best young talent in the league?

If you want to be a fan of a team whose blueprint is to spend to win, go be a Redskins fan. Just don't expect any actual winning.

GodlyQB#5

Second String

#44 : July 28, 2011, 02:57:20 AM

Any model for constructing a team that allows for failure in order to bring success is a terrible model. There is NOTHING in the rulebook/guide that says you have to suck in order to rebuild a team. Last year is one of those dangerous turn around seasons...From 3-13 to 10-6? Thats a 7 game losing to winning season turnover. That helps with confidence for the players but that scares the crap out of fans. Remember 05? 11-5 to 6-10. I am worried as hell we might do worse this year unless we go out and protect Freeman and take away other QBs weapons. Competition is tougher this year so lets not take anything for granted.

How about you rebuild a team that is ready to compete now and for the future....or is that too much against "the plan".

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs do not appear to be negotiating with any outside free agents « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools