Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the Bucs overpaid for Faine « previous next »
Page: 1 2

jbear

Pro Bowler

#15 : July 29, 2011, 12:14:10 PM

This is all part of the new business model and it looks a lot worse than it is when you are of the mindset that everyone elses guys are better than your guys.
This isn't the old days where you just watched the local team and that's it. You get at least two prime time games every week, Sunday Ticket, NFL Replay, and the playoffs. Modern fans have the ability to be very sophisticated in their football viewing. Bottom line is the Bucs haven't won a playoff game in a decade. Talent is the biggest reason why. If the Bucs players compared more favorably with the top players in the league, everyone would know it.

No offense but the Bucs have a whole staff of people who's whole life is spent evaluating players and determining what makes us get better.  The whole "does DJ suck" argument I think ends with his contract.  Mark Dominick says he doesn't suck and I'm going to have to take his opinion and my own eyes over the MB hotshots who think he does. 

It works different ways too.  Take Trueblood.  Yes we signed him but not to big money or years. (By the new CBA standards)  MD says; "Jeremy, you are a very average NFL player." and  I couldn't agree more. 

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#16 : July 29, 2011, 12:24:28 PM

Yeah, it really sucks to be a Bucs fan right now. For the first time ever, this team has a franchise QB. On top of that there is great young talent on the rise throughout the roster. Just horrible. I really wish I was a Dolphins fan now, they are so celebrating Reggie Bush! Forget that Bush actually sucks and they have no QB. REGGIE BUSH IS A BIG NAME ACQUISTION W00T W00T!

I swear.....you people couldn't have been fans in the 80s and early 90s.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#17 : July 29, 2011, 12:29:35 PM

This is all part of the new business model and it looks a lot worse than it is when you are of the mindset that everyone elses guys are better than your guys.
This isn't the old days where you just watched the local team and that's it. You get at least two prime time games every week, Sunday Ticket, NFL Replay, and the playoffs. Modern fans have the ability to be very sophisticated in their football viewing. Bottom line is the Bucs haven't won a playoff game in a decade. Talent is the biggest reason why. If the Bucs players compared more favorably with the top players in the league, everyone would know it.

Is anyone in the state of Florida even currently talking about the Bucs?  The buzz I am hearing from the everyday average person here in the Sunshine state is Reggie to the fins.  It sure is depressing being a Bucs fans the last few years.  >:(

I would argue that you are NOT a Buc fan. If you think Reggie Bush to the fins is so super exciting, and you only feel vindicated when we make Sportscenter or ESPN then its probably best you become a Dolphins/Pats/Cowboys fan. Da'Quan looks beast mode in camp so far and all you got is "Reggie to the Fins"? That's an issue with you, and not an issue with the Bucs- sorry

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the Bucs overpaid for Faine « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools