Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: T-MAK Taking Starter Snaps at MLB in Bucs Frist Walkthrough. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

hopesman

Rookie
#30 : July 29, 2011, 11:43:56 AM

could be cramping from lack of conditioning?
TBO_Buccaneers TBO Buccaneers
Anwar: #Bucs DT Brian Price is back out there. Just moving slow. He can't be under 350 pounds

That's 50 pounds , at least, over his weight when drafted. That is terrible.

Thank the good Lord he borndid Roy Miller.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 29, 2011, 11:45:08 AM

This year

Last year

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 29, 2011, 11:46:44 AM

Maybe he is taking this nose tackle spot seriously?

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 29, 2011, 11:50:57 AM

Glad to see Mackenzie taking reps and shining in the "walk-through." Also, glad to hear DaQuan Bowers is lookin' good, that knee concerned me early on.

As far as Price goes, If he can come back and get in football shape we should see a vastly improved DL over a year/2years ago. In all reality, it has the makings to possibly be the best DL the franchise has ever seen. But I won't jump to conclusions just yet.

On a side note: MAN IT FEELS GOOD TO HAVE FOOTBALL BACK!!!!

LABuc

Starter

#34 : July 29, 2011, 11:51:43 AM

Maybe he is taking this nose tackle spot seriously?
I was thinking something along the lines. He is supposed to play NT, he would need to put on weight, but not that much, not that fast.

I think I read somewhere that Dom said Price needed conditioning. Not being able to work out must've taken a big toll on him. As long as he's healthy from his injury, I don't care what weight he is at right now. It is easier to lose weight than get healthy from an experimental surgery. I hope he can get it together, get in McCoy-like shape (with an extra ~20 pounds), and retain his explosiveness.

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 29, 2011, 12:07:50 PM

They should have put Price on PUP to start

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#36 : July 29, 2011, 12:11:31 PM

How can a professional athlete let themself go like that? It's disgusting that he doesn't take this more seriously. Hopefully the character of the guys around him will rub off on him.

TMac is a thumper and extreme professional. I was lucky enough to watch him closely at USF. He is going to surprise many this year. I expect him to start at MLB through the entire season. Mason Foster will not be needed.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 29, 2011, 12:14:30 PM

How can a professional athlete let themself go like that? It's disgusting that he doesn't take this more seriously. Hopefully the character of the guys around him will rub off on him.

TMac is a thumper and extreme professional. I was lucky enough to watch him closely at USF. He is going to surprise many this year. I expect him to start at MLB through the entire season. Mason Foster will not be needed.

The guy couldn't run for like 9 months.  It happens.  I'm not that worried about it. 

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 29, 2011, 12:22:31 PM

"The guy couldn't run for like 9 months.  It happens.  I'm not that worried about it. "

Exactly.  This wasn't just a run of the mill hammy or bicep injury the dude fractured his pelvis and had to have screws put in. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 29, 2011, 12:23:57 PM

"The guy couldn't run for like 9 months.  It happens.  I'm not that worried about it. "

Exactly.  This wasn't just a run of the mill hammy or bicep injury the dude fractured his pelvis and had to have screws put in.

Which relates to ballooning up how? Inactivity? No, you'll start rehab ~ one week after surgery and the usual pattern in lower body operations is to lose body mass from muscle loss not to gain fat.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#40 : July 29, 2011, 12:30:38 PM

So, he couldn't run for 9 months. You know how much you have to eat to put on 50 lbs. with a 23-year olds' metabolism?

If he couldn't run, I would have hoped he'd have taken his profession seriously and put some limit on what he ate. 50 lbs. is ridiculous and just puts extra strain on his injury.

That's why he was chosen in the 2nd round and McCoy was picked in the 1st.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#41 : July 29, 2011, 12:37:30 PM

So, he couldn't run for 9 months. You know how much you have to eat to put on 50 lbs. with a 23-year olds' metabolism?

If he couldn't run, I would have hoped he'd have taken his profession seriously and put some limit on what he ate. 50 lbs. is ridiculous and just puts extra strain on his injury.

That's why he was chosen in the 2nd round and McCoy was picked in the 1st.

Exactly!
I know he couldn't run for that long, doesn't mean he couldn't eat right. With the resources these guys have, they could have a nutritionist prepare all of their food plan and a cook prepare all the meals. Guys like Romo were doing this stuff 10 years ago, it should be more common today.

Borat!

Starter

#42 : July 29, 2011, 12:52:03 PM

When youre an athlete, especially one the size of Price, you have to eat a lot to keep your weight because you exert a lot of energy while working out, practicing, playing, etc. Now, what happened was he got injured and couldnt run, work out, practice etc but he kept eating the same amount. Thats why he put on weight. Portion control probably should have been a bigger priority for him, but at his size its not that difficult to lose weight. Were deep enough at DT so he can take his time, lose weight, get in shape, and most importantly HEAL.

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 29, 2011, 01:04:11 PM

Considering Price's injury, it's not surprising he's out of shape and slow. It'll take some time for him to get back into form. I don't look for him to be on the field again until about the 3rd or 4th game.

No out of shape isn't "expected". We've seen a ton of guys get injured and not go to pot. That's not a good sign. The usual effect of an injury is to lose weight because you lose muscle and strength so the weight gain is likely worse than it seems since he'd naturally lose muscle and that loss has been offset with fat.
eh... that's not always the case man. it really depends on the person, how active they are, their diet.  naturally fat dude isn't likely to lose weight when he's sitting around doing nothing.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 29, 2011, 01:07:09 PM

RoyECummingsRoy Cummings

Bucs coach Raheem Morris says the MLB job belongs to Tyrone McKenzie right now, but the real winner there will be decided in the preseason
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: T-MAK Taking Starter Snaps at MLB in Bucs Frist Walkthrough. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools