Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doesn't it seem that the rest of the NFC South is going "All in" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

All_About_Free

Rookie
: July 29, 2011, 02:23:04 PM

This is just a general observation I've been nursing since the draft and the beginning of FA. The Falcons and Saints have spent good, premium picks in trades to get Julio Jones and Mark Ingram, respectively. Carolina is hemorrhaging millions of dollars to keep a core of players that may or may not pan out. In the case of the former teams, that are great in their own rights, they both seem to have the "one player away mentality" a year after they were bounced by the Seahawks and the Packers (a good drafting team).

With the expenditure of so many high level resources it looks like our division foes have two, perhaps three years to get over the hump before they are under cap constraints and feeling the dearth of draft picks that we did post title. I find it curious, and I wouldn't be surprised to if the Bucs have been setting themselves up as a long term division power for the decade, I feel this team can more than just compete now, and the elbow room that we do not spend now means we get to keep our elite talent and draft picks as the rest of the division starts to weaken. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 29, 2011, 02:25:59 PM

ATL and NO I understand. They are in the window right now. CAR isn't but just like with us if Auburn Bribe pans out they enter the window immediately because that team wasn't a total wreck jsut their QB spot was so much suck that it overwhelmed what should have been a better team.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 29, 2011, 02:26:42 PM

ATL and Saints are closer to the end of their windows on a SB. While the Bucs window is opening and is at the beginning of it.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : July 29, 2011, 02:29:23 PM

NOLA did themselves well by getting rid of Bush and getting Sproles. That guy is going to be a tough to tackle.

And ATL did themselves well already in the draft -

I'm not so concerned about Carolina......

But....

It'll be tough for the Bucs to get 10 wins again - it'll be on Freeman.

Ju1ce

Starter

#4 : July 29, 2011, 02:35:51 PM

I would say no until the Falcons just brought in Edwards...

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 29, 2011, 03:54:47 PM

The NFC South isn't finished yet either, well the Bucs are limping to the finish line it appears.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#6 : July 29, 2011, 03:57:22 PM

When you bet the house you lose the farm ;)

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

#7 : July 29, 2011, 04:20:28 PM

bucs getting slammed on the front page of yahoo.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 29, 2011, 04:34:46 PM

Thanks for this thread man! I have been sitting around down because my team aint make a splash yet. Meanwhile our enemies are going ham!! But the fact is they are better right now they are closer and they should be making those moves! They have been to the post season the last 2 years (saints and falcons) and are in a position to capaitalize. Im fine with dom sitting back. Although us buc fans can sit back and play chess and rationalize our rosters and say we are right there with them, now is not the time. Let them reach for their climax now. At a point when the saints and falcons rost (2- 4 years) hits its peak and starts to decline, freeman will be entering his prime years and dom will make a free agent splash so big there will be an earthquake in tampa!!!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 29, 2011, 05:43:41 PM

The NFC South isn't finished yet either, well the Bucs are limping to the finish line it appears.

You do know we have played not one game of football yet right?
: July 29, 2011, 05:45:46 PM anterrabae33

smove28

Starter

#10 : July 29, 2011, 05:56:23 PM

You do know we have played not one game of football yet right?

^^^^^^^ Hilarious and true :D ^^^^^^^^^

smove28

Starter

#11 : July 29, 2011, 05:59:52 PM

bucs getting slammed on the front page of yahoo.

Yahoo is also praising the Redskins for being subtle and sticking with Shanahan's plan. This is a team that is going into the season w/John Beck starting at QB. Enough said.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 30, 2011, 01:11:03 AM

Smove28 lol seriously? Wow yahoo is tripping. They are a mystery to me. I think shanahan is a old school coach that doesnt realize things are different now. He will fail!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : July 30, 2011, 01:25:59 AM

The other teams want to win now.  The Bucs don't want to win now.   

JohnGruden

Starter

#14 : July 30, 2011, 01:32:00 AM

I like the strategy of Dom in trying to make the bucs lasting contenders.

Bringing in these free agents for crazy contracts wouldnt make this young team a lasting contender, there is still far too much young talent to be developed. But you gotta love the rapid development of these young players into stars.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doesn't it seem that the rest of the NFC South is going "All in" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools