Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doesn't it seem that the rest of the NFC South is going "All in" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : July 30, 2011, 01:33:47 AM

I think the Glazers realize that Raheem couldn't win right now anyway even if he had the talent to do it.   He's still learning how to be a head coach because he's still not ready to be one.   Give him a few more years.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 30, 2011, 01:40:44 AM

Java not just raheem. The whole team. The defense is young the wideouts and rbs are young.freeman is 23. I think cause we did so well last year people are clamoring to get big players when we are still a few years away.
I realize you are just trying to take a shot a raheem but there is a bit of substance to that statement.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#17 : July 30, 2011, 01:42:53 AM

I think the Glazers realize that Raheem couldn't win right now anyway even if he had the talent to do it.   He's still learning how to be a head coach because he's still not ready to be one.   Give him a few more years.

^^dumb. 10-6 last year was winning right now.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 30, 2011, 01:45:43 AM

No playoffs is not winning.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#19 : July 30, 2011, 01:55:19 AM

No playoffs is not winning.

Who saids? Saids you? Using what logic, using what math formula? Lets figure out exactly you might be seeing. We had 10 wins(10) and 6 losses(6), 6-10=4=Raheem is black, and can't possibly know enough to coach a professional team. Well if that's what we have to go on-- then g'golly I guess we are gonna have to take your word for it.. I wonder when the Glazers will fire Raheem, and get a real coach in there. But wouldn't they need to find a DB coach? Wait, the DB unit was 7th in the league. Maybe they should demote Raheem for being black, err I mean not ready; and just have him coach the DB's. Then we can bring in Tim Tebow to coach cause pretty soon he's gonna need a job.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 30, 2011, 02:11:34 AM

Tony Dungy is black and he's quite a knowledgeable coach.   Skin color is not an issue for anyone but you.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 30, 2011, 02:13:22 AM

You either make the playoffs or you don't.   If you make the playoffs, you are a winner.   If you don't, you are a loser.   Doesn't matter if you go 0-16 or 11-5.   If you miss the playoffs, you didn't do your job.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#22 : July 30, 2011, 02:38:48 AM

You needed two post back2back to try and justify your point, and still failed.  How many teams missed the playoff- Are all those coaches "not ready"? How many of those teams that missed the playoffs have the potential of making it this year. I've been reading your garbage for years. You are constantly trying to shoot down the spirits of those that support the team.  During last years off-season, you quickly jumped down on anybody saying anything that favored the Bucs. You made terrible predictions on our record, on Josh Freeman, and you questioned nearly all of our draft picks. You made claims on how the Glazers are cheap, and wanted us to believe that they don't really believe/trust that Raheem has what it takes to win, but are still willing to give him the keys to there 2billion dollar franchise.

Btw- you know nothing of Raheem Morris. He has been a winner everywhere he's been.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 30, 2011, 02:40:41 AM

What happens if the Bucs regress this year? Then what?

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#24 : July 30, 2011, 02:41:25 AM

Are they more likely to regress, or improve?

P.S. That is also a stupid argument. I can throw out a million hypothetical. Lets deal in facts for now. Fact 1) Most excitement generated by a Buccaneers team since '99. Done.
: July 30, 2011, 02:43:17 AM Zsnore

buchead

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 30, 2011, 02:54:37 AM

Zsnore freeman has this city feeling real optimistic. Im always antsy for the season but im really counting down now.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 30, 2011, 03:11:34 AM

They will regress from 10-6 almost certainly.  That was a fluke due to weak schedule.

Most excitement generated by a Buccaneers team since '99. Done.

You are quite uninformed.   The 2002 team was the most exciting.    Trading 2 number ones and 2 numbers twos to get Gruden.   Big pressure to produce immediate results.   Best record by any Buc team in history.   Then beating the hated Eagles in the playoffs to advance to the Superbowl.   And facing the team that Gruden come from in the superbowl?   My God, you don't get any more excitement than that.

2nd most exciting season was 1979.   I realize you weren't born then, but trust me, it was unbelievably exciting.

3rd most exciting season was 1997.

4th would be 1999 (Shaun King kind of ruined that year with his crappy performance against the Rams). 

5th would be 2005.

this current team?   Please.   Not even close.
: July 30, 2011, 03:13:25 AM JavaRay

awitron

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 30, 2011, 03:12:11 AM

So the Seahawks, a 7-9 playoff team from last year, who are always active in free agency are better off right now than the Bucs are?

We get Mike Williams and Arrelious Benn in a single draft, two rising stars and up-and-coming wide receivers. The Seahawks missed completely on Deion Branch when they traded a 1st to the Patriots and made him one of the highest paid receivers, missed horribly on TJ Houshmanzadeh when they paid him 9 mil a year to average less than 10 yards a catch, and are going to fail horribly on Sidney Rice who they just invested 40+ million(18.5 mil guaranteed) in.

We accomplished in one single draft what they havent been able to do for almost a decade. This is how winning franchises are built. Some of you are just too stupid to see it.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#28 : July 30, 2011, 03:16:12 AM

They will regress from 10-6 almost certainly.  That was a fluke due to weak schedule.

Most excitement generated by a Buccaneers team since '99. Done.

You are quite uninformed.   The 2002 team was the most exciting.    Trading 2 number ones and 2 numbers twos to get Gruden.   Big pressure to produce immediate results.   Best record by any Buc team in history.   Then beating the hated Eagles in the playoffs to advance to the Superbowl.   And facing the team that Gruden come from in the superbowl?   My God, you don't get any more excitement than that.

2nd most exciting season was 1979.   I realize you weren't born then, but trust me, it was unbelievably exciting.

3rd most exciting season was 1997.

4th would be 1999 (Shaun King kind of ruined that year with his crappy performance against the Rams). 

5th would be 2005.

this current team?   Please.   Not even close.

The argument is a push. '99 was the year we all realize we even had a team capable of going to the Superbowl. Ultimately the Glazers brought us that superbowl. If not for them we'd still be thought as the worst team ever, and wearing those orange uni's.  I'm fine with the throwback, but thank god that's not the colors anymore.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 30, 2011, 03:21:11 AM

Going into the 99 season, many "experts" predicted the Bucs to go to the Superbowl.   I don't think it took losing in the championship game to have anyone realize we had a team capable of going to the superbowl.   I was surprised we didn't do better in 98.   99 I still think the Bucs make the superbowl if Dilfer hadn't gotten hurt.  King was pathetic.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doesn't it seem that the rest of the NFC South is going "All in" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools