Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doesn't it seem that the rest of the NFC South is going "All in" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#45 : July 30, 2011, 02:36:19 PM

When it comes to buccaneer history there are few who can inform and evaluate as quickly and accurately as Java - as long as you veer away from Dom and Raheem - you will have a hard time finding a better source or evaluator.  JMVHO - argue all you want about Dom and Raheem with Java - but you will risk being made to look foolish for all things buccaneer prior to the their hiring.

Java is a retard, and im not afraid of him. I'm ready to challenge him on all fronts.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#46 : July 30, 2011, 02:39:55 PM

Java is a retard, and im not afraid of him. I'm ready to challenge him on all fronts.

He'd crush you in who-can-hate-minorities-most competition.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#47 : July 30, 2011, 02:41:55 PM

Well since I am Cuban, I bet he would.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#48 : July 30, 2011, 11:02:23 PM

When it comes to buccaneer history there are few who can inform and evaluate as quickly and accurately as Java - as long as you veer away from Dom and Raheem - you will have a hard time finding a better source or evaluator.  JMVHO - argue all you want about Dom and Raheem with Java - but you will risk being made to look foolish for all things buccaneer prior to the their hiring.

In all seriousness, Java knows PAST Bucs history very well. ..Now, I wouldn't exactly trust his ability to draft or anything, as he doesn't understand much about potential and his picks have been awful. But yes, he knows the past history of the Bucs well. ..Annoyingly so.

His current knowledge is hindered and lacking though by his own inability to get over the loss of his favorite HC seasons ago.. If he hates them so much, it's a wonder why he wastes his time here (other than ticking everyone off).

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#49 : July 30, 2011, 11:08:17 PM

In all seriousness, Java knows PAST Bucs history very well. ..Now, I wouldn't exactly trust his ability to draft or anything, as he doesn't understand much about potential and his picks have been awful. But yes, he knows the past history of the Bucs well. ..Annoyingly so.

His current knowledge is hindered and lacking though by his own inability to get over the loss of his favorite HC seasons ago.. If he hates them so much, it's a wonder why he wastes his time here (other than ticking everyone off).

To troll us

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#50 : July 30, 2011, 11:27:06 PM

What does that even mean?    If trolling is disagreeing, then I guess everyone is trolling at some point.   (Except for Chazmoney)

All_About_Free

Rookie
#51 : July 31, 2011, 12:53:55 AM

In the interest of getting back on topic I wanted to clarify what I meant by "All In." As Dalbuc noted the Saints and Falcons have targeted now as their window to get into and win the Superbowl. I agree and what I mentioned is that those teams are making moves indicative of that mindset, and they haven't been shy about trading away premium picks and blowing lots of cash. But like we learned this isn't a sustainable model for any prolonged period of time. The loss of picks for Gruden and protracted cap constraints really put the Bucs back. How long can the Saints go with FA classes upwards of 10? When do the Falcons feel the talent drain if they are hit by injuries?

Now, as for Dominik and Raheem, like any antsy fan I am also panicky when the team seems to be inactive. I also get stars in my eyes when I think of nabbing Asomugha, or other elite talents. But I think we are 1. su**CENSORED**ious of our owners (do Steelers and Pats fans second guess their owners as much as we do? Hell no.) and 2. do not take enough solace in teams that succeed in the draft and on the field like the Packers. Inactivity does not mean complacency, however, and I think as we see our budding stars develop and, hopefully, a high powered offense led by Freeman AND a monstrous D-Line and secondary (I salivate as I type.) we will see thay they were and are the right men for the job. In 3 drafts Dominik has assembled impressive talent and given this team an identity. I don't think Gruden ever earned the respect and trus of his players the way Raheem has (Gruden was accused of lying of telling players what they wanted to hear, as I remember. And had a damaged relationship with Alstott and Sapp). To me, that is refreshing that the team has united under him even as he grows into the job.

And yes Javaray, the team may regress some this year due to a tougher schedule and the lockout leaving our younger guys under-prepared, But even an 8-8 record would be a good barometer for future success if we are losing close games to elite teams. I for one am thrilled with the direction of the team. Even if it seems like they are standing pat in FA. History shows you don't have to sign many guys to build a contender if you take care of business in April.

alexmcd5

Practice Squad
#52 : July 31, 2011, 12:58:57 AM

In the interest of getting back on topic I wanted to clarify what I meant by "All In." As Dalbuc noted the Saints and Falcons have targeted now as their window to get into and win the Superbowl. I agree and what I mentioned is that those teams are making moves indicative of that mindset, and they haven't been shy about trading away premium picks and blowing lots of cash. But like we learned this isn't a sustainable model for any prolonged period of time. The loss of picks for Gruden and protracted cap constraints really put the Bucs back. How long can the Saints go with FA classes upwards of 10? When do the Falcons feel the talent drain if they are hit by injuries?

Now, as for Dominik and Raheem, like any antsy fan I am also panicky when the team seems to be inactive. I also get stars in my eyes when I think of nabbing Asomugha, or other elite talents. But I think we are 1. su**CENSORED**ious of our owners (do Steelers and Pats fans second guess their owners as much as we do? Hell no.) and 2. do not take enough solace in teams that succeed in the draft and on the field like the Packers. Inactivity does not mean complacency, however, and I think as we see our budding stars develop and, hopefully, a high powered offense led by Freeman AND a monstrous D-Line and secondary (I salivate as I type.) we will see thay they were and are the right men for the job. In 3 drafts Dominik has assembled impressive talent and given this team an identity. I don't think Gruden ever earned the respect and trus of his players the way Raheem has (Gruden was accused of lying of telling players what they wanted to hear, as I remember. And had a damaged relationship with Alstott and Sapp). To me, that is refreshing that the team has united under him even as he grows into the job.

And yes Javaray, the team may regress some this year due to a tougher schedule and the lockout leaving our younger guys under-prepared, But even an 8-8 record would be a good barometer for future success if we are losing close games to elite teams. I for one am thrilled with the direction of the team. Even if it seems like they are standing pat in FA. History shows you don't have to sign many guys to build a contender if you take care of business in April.

The Packers were a great example for you to use for the direction were taking.  Pittsburgh and Baltimore would be a couple more.  These teams are competitive year in and year out and never do anything in free agency.  The Packers drafted practically their entire Super Bowl team.  The other guys they picked up off the scrap heap.  The only major free agent signing on that team I can think of is Charles Woodson.  Here's to doing it the right way and building depth just like Green Bay did for last season.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#53 : July 31, 2011, 01:44:34 AM

Let's see -
Last Five Super Bowl Champions -
Green Bay - Not very Active in Free Agency
New Orleans - somewhat active in Free Agency (they took a flyer on Brees and were rewarded big time)
Pittsburgh Steelers - Not active in Free Agency
New York Giants - fairly active in Free Agency
Indianapolis Colts - Not Active in Free Agency

BTW, the Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl since they've become "players" in free agency. The Eagles, everyone's Free Agency darlings, have never won the Super Bowl. We all know the story with Daniel Snyder's Redskins.

Can we stop this nonsense now? The Bucs want to build like the Steelers, Colts, Packers (and the way the Patriots used to). They want sustained success, not the one year good, one year bad B.S. we had with Jon.

Would I love to have someone like Nnamdi on our team? Sure. But that's not the way this team is being built. We need to accept it. Steeler fans can and they get to watch their team win Super Bowls and are a perrenial contender.

Can we just let Dom do his work and reserve the **CENSORED**ing for after the season?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#54 : July 31, 2011, 01:45:54 AM

The Bucs were VERY active in free agency when they won the Superbowl.

The Saints were not "somewhat" active in free agency, they were VERY active in free agency the year they won it.   They had free agents galore on that team.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doesn't it seem that the rest of the NFC South is going "All in" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools