Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi signs with the Eagles for $12M/yr. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#30 : July 29, 2011, 06:40:46 PM

$12M year w/$25M guaranteed?

This FO/ownership is a f'ing joke when it comes to signing FAs. Seriously, the Bucs didn't wanna offer that to the best or 2nd best CB in the NFL? DISGUSTING

Maybe, just maybe a 30 year old man to man corner didn't fit the zone scheme younger team that our GM said we were trying to build.

You're really gonna rationalize this in favor of the FO/ownership?

Some fans make me SMH.

Not trying to rationalize it.  But seriously, did you ever think we were going to sign him.  Just being realistic and hearing what Dom said about 4 days ago.  He said to temper our expectations.  Tells me right there not to get my hopes up.  And a 10 win young team still makes me excited, even without Scrabble.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 29, 2011, 06:41:43 PM

We are not about outsife talemt. We are about making OUR OWN stars! I told you all from the beginning when we didn't sign Aso I'd laugh at all the FAIR WEATHER fans here, and here we hare.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 29, 2011, 06:42:32 PM

Ya, that sounds like a great agent JG?, eliminate the team with the most cap space. He obviously went with the money, if he didn't he would have went to the Jets.

He obviously DID NOT go with the money. He made $15M last year and some teams were reported to be offering $18M.

He went with a perennial playoff team that gives him the best shot at a ring.

What teams offered $18M? The Bucs were never rumored to be in it, and the other two teams involved right up until the end only had $10M-ish to spend.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 29, 2011, 06:44:38 PM

Some fans make me SMH.

There's nothing to rationalize. The FO has a plan, the plan is working and they're sticking to it. Committing a lot of money to an older player is a win-now mentality that doesn't mesh with the plan or personnel of the team. Signing Nnamdi would have been the easy way out rather than hearing the criticisms of a fan base with a short memory. Not signing him was a lot more difficult and took a lot more conviction.

Everything takes for granted that he would've considered playing here, anyways, which it doesn't seem like he did.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 29, 2011, 06:45:32 PM

$12M year w/$25M guaranteed?

This FO/ownership is a f'ing joke when it comes to signing FAs. Seriously, the Bucs didn't wanna offer that to the best or 2nd best CB in the NFL? DISGUSTING

Maybe, just maybe a 30 year old man to man corner didn't fit the zone scheme younger team that our GM said we were trying to build.

Some fans make me SMH.

Not trying to rationalize it.  But seriously, did you ever think we were going to sign him.  Just being realistic and hearing what Dom said about 4 days ago.  He said to temper our expectations.  Tells me right there not to get my hopes up.  And a 10 win young team still makes me excited, even without Scrabble.

Nope, didn't think they were gonna sign him, but that doesn't make it better or right.

I too am excited about the team goind fwd, but at some point, if this team wants to become elite again, I think they're gonna have to spend money on GOOD FAs. As it stands right now, I don't see this team finishing higher than 3rd in the South.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 29, 2011, 06:45:42 PM

Someone tell the Eagles they are doing it all wrong.

You can't win with free agents like Michael Vick, Asante Samuel and Aso.

Wait, they also got DRC for Kolb. Damn.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 29, 2011, 06:46:23 PM

Ya, that sounds like a great agent JG?, eliminate the team with the most cap space. He obviously went with the money, if he didn't he would have went to the Jets.

He obviously DID NOT go with the money. He made $15M last year and some teams were reported to be offering $18M.

What teams offered $18M? The Bucs were never rumored to be in it, and the other two teams involved right up until the end only had $10M-ish to spend.

Houston was offering a lot. Not sure how much, but they went after Jonathan. Dallas had $10+m and could cut their CB for another $5m. Heck Oakland would have kept him if he took a $3m pay cut

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 29, 2011, 06:47:54 PM

By the way, i can't wait to see how smart our FO looks when Nnamdi has to tackle Blount on a toss play :D

Nnamdi is not Cromartie..... he can tackle!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 29, 2011, 06:52:51 PM

Not going to feel better about this - not with Ronde ready to retire and Talib with his issues. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 29, 2011, 06:53:42 PM

By the way, i can't wait to see how smart our FO looks when Nnamdi has to tackle Blount on a toss play :D

Exactly!

Cromartie is the one who wears a dress!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 29, 2011, 06:56:12 PM

If you look at the Eagles moves - it is clear they want to win now. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

smove28

Starter

#41 : July 29, 2011, 06:56:58 PM

I know your angry,but  if you really believe that Nnamdi can tackle Blount without a gun, you getting way too emotional. lol

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 29, 2011, 06:58:19 PM

He didn't want to come here. If you were him would you want to play in front of a half full stadium every sunday?

Exactly. So many of our fans are a joke. One only has to look at the red board for confirmation.

I think he wanted to go to a SB ready team. He succeeded.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 29, 2011, 06:59:31 PM

Exactly. Tim Brown was so right about many of our fans.

smove28

Starter

#44 : July 29, 2011, 07:02:24 PM

Dear Bucs Fanbase,
Have you ever thought to take timeout from **CENSORED**ing about our FO to think "WHY IS IT WE CAN"T PAY FAs TO COME TO TAMPA?"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi signs with the Eagles for $12M/yr. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools