Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi signs with the Eagles for $12M/yr. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#45 : July 29, 2011, 07:06:46 PM

Dear Bucs Fanbase,
Have you ever thought to take timeout from **CENSORED**ing about our FO to think "WHY IS IT WE CAN"T PAY FAs TO COME TO TAMPA?"

Fanbase needs to look in the mirror. They use every excuse to avoid showing up at home games. Look back at the huge Atlanta throwback game last year. A perfect recipe for
a sell out. Not even close. Free agents hear about that. I don't think that's why Aso ruled out Tampa (if he DID rule us out) but it doesn't help.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#46 : July 29, 2011, 07:08:23 PM

Tim Brown is a **CENSORED**ing wimp.  Who cares what he thinks.

Your Daddy

Second String

#47 : July 29, 2011, 07:46:19 PM

Don't get me wrong, I am excited about this upcoming season. But would have been a lot more excited to see our FO bring in one of the most talented CBs in the league. If they are going to charge crazy prices for tickets, they should be willing to put money into the product they are putting on the field. I won't buy season tickets until I see management making every effort to get better. While I think its great to build through the draft, I think its important to supplement your young core with seasoned vets. Not to mention, everyone knows that the CB position is an area of need right now.

I am very disappointed that we weren't able to bring in Aso or Joseph...pissed.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 29, 2011, 07:48:28 PM

Tim Brown is a **CENSORED**ing wimp.  Who cares what he thinks.

I always get a chuckle when people throw that out there.... f*ck Tim Brown. If it wasn't for Gruden and his collection of fossils, he wouldn't have been welcome here.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#49 : July 29, 2011, 07:48:42 PM

Dear Bucs Fanbase,
Have you ever thought to take timeout from **CENSORED**ing about our FO to think "WHY IS IT WE CAN"T PAY FAs TO COME TO TAMPA?"

Fanbase needs to look in the mirror. They use every excuse to avoid showing up at home games. Look back at the huge Atlanta throwback game last year. A perfect recipe for
a sell out. Not even close. Free agents hear about that. I don't think that's why Aso ruled out Tampa (if he DID rule us out) but it doesn't help.
You really think so? - and here I would have thought professional players played for one of two reasons - the first - money.  The second - to win. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#50 : July 29, 2011, 07:50:39 PM

Ya, that sounds like a great agent JG?, eliminate the team with the most cap space. He obviously went with the money, if he didn't he would have went to the Jets.

He obviously DID NOT go with the money. He made $15M last year and some teams were reported to be offering $18M.

He went with a perennial playoff team that gives him the best shot at a ring.
Where do you get that information - I hadn't heard that...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#51 : July 29, 2011, 07:52:40 PM

Look, no one is denying we had a less than perfect FA, but I think we need to put it behind us and enjoy the GOOD things our team will do this year.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

smove28

Starter

#52 : July 29, 2011, 08:02:30 PM

Dear Bucs Fanbase,

You really think so? - and here I would have thought professional players played for one of two reasons - the first - money.  The second - to win.

Point taken, but what does it say when the league knows we have one of the best young offenses w/one of the best young QBs in the NFL.

The players know our fanbase. Whether we want to admit it or not Tampa fans,for the most part, are not only fair weather fans but even worse, if you are winning but not they way they want to win they will still complain.
Even worse yet, other fanbases complain worse than we do, but at least they will still come to the stadium. We don't even do that. lol

That is why we should be happy right now that our FO is able to do what they can because it is obvious right now WE CAN'T PAY FAs TO PLAY IN TAMPA

CAN'T PAY FAs TO COME TO TAMPA

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#53 : July 29, 2011, 08:15:09 PM

Houston was offering a lot. Not sure how much, but they went after Jonathan. Dallas had $10+m and could cut their CB for another $5m. Heck Oakland would have kept him if he took a $3m pay cut

While he might have taken less to play in Philly, no way he turned down $18M.

And Aso wanted to get out Oakland pronto.  It wasn't Oakland's decision to keep or let him go.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#54 : July 29, 2011, 08:28:03 PM

If the number is that low do you A) really think we made an offer or B) think maybe he just didn't want to come here?

It could be both. Dom could have called him/his agent and was told "sorry, looking at 5 teams and you're not one of them" so no point in making an offer.
Or what happened in reality was that Dominik never made a call because he was ordered not to by the Glazers?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#55 : July 29, 2011, 08:31:52 PM

If the number is that low do you A) really think we made an offer or B) think maybe he just didn't want to come here?

It could be both. Dom could have called him/his agent and was told "sorry, looking at 5 teams and you're not one of them" so no point in making an offer.
Or what happened in reality was that Dominik never made a call because he was ordered not to by the Glazers?

This is the dullest reasoning out there.  This argument says the owners are cool with dropping loads of cash of Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Quincy Black, and Michael Koenen - but I wanna be cheap with Aso.  Just stupid.

They made a football decision by not pursuing Aso.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#56 : July 29, 2011, 08:36:02 PM

This is the dullest reasoning out there.  This argument says the owners are cool with dropping loads of cash of Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Quincy Black, and Michael Koenen - but I wanna be cheap with Aso.  Just stupid.

They made a football decision by not pursuing Aso.

Then then whoever made that "football decision" needs to get the hell out of the football business.

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#57 : July 29, 2011, 08:44:06 PM

Houston was offering a lot. Not sure how much, but they went after Jonathan. Dallas had $10+m and could cut their CB for another $5m. Heck Oakland would have kept him if he took a $3m pay cut

While he might have taken less to play in Philly, no way he turned down $18M.

And Aso wanted to get out Oakland pronto.  It wasn't Oakland's decision to keep or let him go.

It's been reported that Houston offered $17 or $18 million, but didn't like the fact that Aso wasn't giving them an answer.  So, since they really needed a corner, they went after Joseph and got him rather than wait around and lose out on both.

All the money in the world isn't going to make a player play someplace he doesn't want to be.  Aso has long said he wants to play on the East Coast, and Philly is probably closer to a ring than we are (although I think we're in better shape long-term).

Besides, spending money on Aso would have been like having a dog but buying the most expensive cat food out there just so you could say you spent the money.  We're not going to undo all the Cover 2 we've done with our young defensive players to accommodate one guy.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#58 : July 29, 2011, 08:44:44 PM

Look, no one is denying we had a less than perfect FA, but I think we need to put it behind us and enjoy the GOOD things our team will do this year.

Less than perfect? Our FA consisted of signing a freakin punter. You can rationalize it, but saying it was less than perfect is like saying the Titanic almost made it to New York!

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#59 : July 29, 2011, 08:51:56 PM

Signing our own free agents counts as free agency, you know.

And last I checked, free agency was ... ah screw it, there's no use talking to some of you people.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi signs with the Eagles for $12M/yr. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools